The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Columbus March 8 (We were so excited about playing Columbus no one made a GDT thread edition)

Rate this topic

CaptKirk888

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Toffoli 8 pts in 8 games so far...

vs other notable tdl acquisitions ...

I watched the Bruins v TBay game yesterday.  It was great game; rough as hell.  Coleman appeared to hide on the perimeter.  Point and Johnson played tougher.  (Point was brilliant, and even pounded on a Bruin during a big line brawl.). Coleman kind of hid on the side.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Have any of our July 1 UFA signings been good?  They all kind of are goof ups, no? 

I like Myers and Beagle for signings. 9/10 your probably going to have to overspend come July 1st. Practically everyone does and it’s always a gamble dealing with 30 year olds. I don’t think anyone expected to LE to decline that heavily when they first signed him though.

I could see us adding a Dman this summer but outside that we are probably done with signing guys to fill voids. Most of those guys your referring to will be gone possible this summer and  for sure next summer. Every year we are probably going to have 1-2 rookies replacing those guys for the next few years 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

I like Myers and Beagle for signings. 9/10 your probably going to have to overspend come July 1st. Practically everyone does and it’s always a gamble dealing with 30 year olds. I don’t think anyone expected to LE to decline that heavily when they first signed him though.

I could see us adding a Dman this summer but outside that we are probably done with signing guys to fill voids. Most of those guys your referring to will be gone possible this summer and  for sure next summer. Every year we are probably going to have 1-2 rookies replacing those guys for the next few years 

I don’t think we sign anyone, except a college kid or two.  Tree, Rafferty, Bone, and OJ are the next men up on our D. 

IMO Loui, Beagle, Rooster, and Myers too we’re all mistakes.  Terms are all too long.  If it takes that extra term to sign the guys, just walk away.  Can’t speed up a rebuild.  

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

They play a very structured game and the Oilers were in tough against them, despite having the big names on their roster.  Don't underestimate these guys is my message to the team....

I do not think that they will underestimate them again because of what happened last week.  They experienced that first-handed. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t think we sign anyone, except a college kid or two.  Tree, Rafferty, Bone, and OJ are the next men up on our D. 

I would be really cool with this! It’s time we didn’t spend July. 1st. A hockey trade, maybe

I just want Marky, Tanev and Toffoli for reasonable term ::D

Edited by Devron44
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vermette9 said:

What's a good site to stream the game? I've never done that before but having a chill night in Denver would be perfect with the nucks whooping some ass . Much appreciated

I have "Reddit" can be found on a certain web site.