Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saudi Arabia declares oil price war on fellow OPEC (and non OPEC)members.


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Diversify.

 

Period.

Okay another simple question.....

how do you diversify when oil is such a big earner?

also Canada has had how long to diversify ? 

We live and die by oil right now unless you know another industry that brings billions and also benifits all of Canada like oil does....... 

Its not that simple. Oil is to big of Canada and nothing we can do about that right now until another industry steps up......

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Ok.  But let's say it's 3 more months.  As a minimum.

 

What then?

:picard:

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Russia said it wouldn't even consider a reduction until late spring.  The Saudis said they can do this for 6 months

:picard:

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Full stop.

 

Nowhere, ever have I said this.  Don't put words in my mouth.

Oh yes you have.

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Diversify.

 

Period.

Can we stop funding Canada or do you still want that as well?

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay another simple question.....

how do you diversify when oil is such a big earner?

also Canada has had how long to diversify ? 

We live and die by oil right now unless you know another industry that brings billions and also benifits all of Canada like oil does....... 

Its not that simple. Oil is to big of Canada and nothing we can do about that right now until another industry steps up......

We do not live and die by oil.   As oil has tanked since 2014/2015 Canada has still kept moving along without those large revenues of $80+ a barrel 

 

You live and die by oil.  Alberta lives and dies by oil.  

 

You CAN diversify.  Alberta came out of a massive recession in debt but without oil recently.  You just have to have the will.  

 

Tens of billions in to corporations just to keep a skeleton staff is a losing endeavour.

 

Take those tens of billions and create a green energy grid, create a high speed rail, train tens of thousands of unemployed Canadians in to their 2nd and 3rd year apprenticeships.  That's how you diversify and plan for a future.  If you throw the same level of money at any other industry that is being thrown at oil from the pockets of taxpayers you WILL see other industry step up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

We do not live and die by oil.   As oil has tanked since 2014/2015 Canada has still kept moving along without those large revenues of $80+ a barrel 

 

You live and die by oil.  Alberta lives and dies by oil.  

 

You CAN diversify.  Alberta came out of a massive recession in debt but without oil recently.  You just have to have the will.  

 

Tens of billions in to corporations just to keep a skeleton staff is a losing endeavour.

 

Take those tens of billions and create a green energy grid, create a high speed rail, train tens of thousands of unemployed Canadians in to their 2nd and 3rd year apprenticeships.  That's how you diversify and plan for a future.  If you throw the same level of money at any other industry that is being thrown at oil from the pockets of taxpayers you WILL see other industry step up.

News flash it's not just Alberta that lives and die by oil , it's all of Canada. 

Diversify is easier said then done, first you need an real industry not some pipe dream of going green ,this is the real world and you can't just transfer your stock and say done.....

have will? No you need industry and investors to even offer that option, people go to the oil for the money and that's it. Also oil is connected to everything..... The farmer growing wheat can't invest more into his farm cause his wells are worthless and that's just one example of the trickle......so it has nothing to do with will cause a lot of people get money from oil but invest in something else.....

 

well I'm all hat and no cattle so let me get this right , but that energy grid will probably let alone take your whole budget and we already have trains so what you want to do is make Canada greener but hate to break it to yea CANADA IS AN OIL COUNTRY. 

Also you said throw the same amount of money at other industries...you ever ask your self why investors don't do that?....oh that's right cause those other industries don't come near what oil makes. 

 

 

Edited by RowdyCanuck
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

We do not live and die by oil.   As oil has tanked since 2014/2015 Canada has still kept moving along without those large revenues of $80+ a barrel 

 

You live and die by oil.  Alberta lives and dies by oil.  

 

.

 

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

News flash it's not just Alberta that lives and die by oil , it's all of Canada. 

 

Once again you don't listen.  You just respond.  Canada has gotten by without massive oil revenue.

 

As for diversification.  If you subsidized ANYTHING to the extent that oil and gas does or will be over the coming weeks you'll have effectively created a new revenue stream and viable industry.

 

But you refuse, like flat out refuse to see that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Violator said:

We dont have the population to diversify

you've got 4 million Albertans, good prairie work ethic,  SAIT, NAIT, U of C, U of E - its all there for the R&D and start ups, just need the will to put more money into it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

 

Once again you don't listen.  You just respond.  Canada has gotten by without massive oil revenue.

 

As for diversification.  If you subsidized ANYTHING to the extent that oil and gas does or will be over the coming weeks you'll have effectively created a new revenue stream and viable industry.

 

But you refuse, like flat out refuse to see that.

No I get it , but thx to oil money the whole of Canada has raised everything thx to it , there for we were already set up to fail.....

so you make do with the choices we've made and get everything we can from it. 

The choices you want should have been started in 08 not now....

so now we need to make all we can and get the most out of oil. 

Thats the bottom line isn't? Canada made its bed , now time to lay in it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

No I get it , but thx to oil money the whole of Canada has raised everything thx to it , there for we were already set up to fail.....

so you make do with the choices we've made and get everything we can from it. 

The choices you want should have been started in 08 not now....

so now we need to make all we can and get the most out of oil. 

Thats the bottom line isn't? Canada made its bed , now time to lay in it. 

 

That bed was made in 1982.

 

Now, try throwing $7.5 billion at solar and geothermal, home and house retrofits and trades training programs.  Throw that tens of billions in federal money coming to the oil sector in to building a high speed rail line with arched tunnels for energy lines under neath them.

 

You'll have effectively put tens of thousands of people back to work, saved people money on heating/power and created a generation of people able to do the trades work we're bringing TFW's in to the country to do.

 

Again, your mind is stuck in the past.  Dumping money on a fire to stay warm instead of buying wood is a losing endeavour

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you've got 4 million Albertans, good prairie work ethic,  SAIT, NAIT, U of C, U of E - its all there for the R&D and start ups, just need the will to put more money into it. 

Alberta is to far north and west for it to be worth while.testing grounds would be perfect flat open land.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of start up tech companies that had moved to Alberta due to tech grants are already leaving, as those grants were cut by Conservatives. 
 

Finger Food Technologies I think it a called recently move their from Coquitlam, not sure what agreement they had with the city of Calgary.
 

Alberta may have burnt a bridge to diversify by supporting tech and innovation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

We do not live and die by oil.   As oil has tanked since 2014/2015 Canada has still kept moving along without those large revenues of $80+ a barrel 

 

You live and die by oil.  Alberta lives and dies by oil.  

 

You CAN diversify.  Alberta came out of a massive recession in debt but without oil recently.  You just have to have the will.  

 

Tens of billions in to corporations just to keep a skeleton staff is a losing endeavour.

 

Take those tens of billions and create a green energy grid, create a high speed rail, train tens of thousands of unemployed Canadians in to their 2nd and 3rd year apprenticeships.  That's how you diversify and plan for a future.  If you throw the same level of money at any other industry that is being thrown at oil from the pockets of taxpayers you WILL see other industry step up.

 

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

 

Once again you don't listen.  You just respond.  Canada has gotten by without massive oil revenue.

 

As for diversification.  If you subsidized ANYTHING to the extent that oil and gas does or will be over the coming weeks you'll have effectively created a new revenue stream and viable industry.

 

But you refuse, like flat out refuse to see that.

Remind us again how much debt has JT added since 2015?

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

That bed was made in 1982.

 

Now, try throwing $7.5 billion at solar and geothermal, home and house retrofits and trades training programs.  Throw that tens of billions in federal money coming to the oil sector in to building a high speed rail line with arched tunnels for energy lines under neath them.

 

You'll have effectively put tens of thousands of people back to work, saved people money on heating/power and created a generation of people able to do the trades work we're bringing TFW's in to the country to do.

 

Again, your mind is stuck in the past.  Dumping money on a fire to stay warm instead of buying wood is a losing endeavour

Lmao nice try. The only bed made then was when PET nearly killed Alberta. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

That bed was made in 1982.

 

Now, try throwing $7.5 billion at solar and geothermal, home and house retrofits and trades training programs.  Throw that tens of billions in federal money coming to the oil sector in to building a high speed rail line with arched tunnels for energy lines under neath them.

 

You'll have effectively put tens of thousands of people back to work, saved people money on heating/power and created a generation of people able to do the trades work we're bringing TFW's in to the country to do.

 

Again, your mind is stuck in the past.  Dumping money on a fire to stay warm instead of buying wood is a losing endeavour

1982 was a lil before my time and no point crying about spilt milk. 

I say 08 cause it was the end of the first boom. We had the money to do so. 

Instead we doubled down on our largest money maker and we built a nice house of cards and we have to make the best choices for the future, we are an oil country and we are already to far down the rabbit hole. 

Some times you don't have enough or budget enough so you have to burn stacks of money to keep your family warm , for sure if your family keeps growing and it cost more and more. 

Also some oil companies fund other research.....or money made from oil sales funds other projects...... 

It's not like there's no funding going to other industries but if oil does well the rest do well, trickle down affect. 

Like I've stated before oil has a shelve life so we should make all we can before its worthless don't you agree? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...