The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saudi Arabia declares oil price war on fellow OPEC (and non OPEC)members.

nuckin_futz

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I've said it before but I'm convinced they are room mates.

Like a grumpy Burt and Ernie or maybe Statler and Waldorf?

I like to picture them only owning one computer so they sit fuming waiting for the other to post until they can jump on and provide their rebuttal. .

I really enjoy the interaction though, it wouldn't be cdc without it. 

Felix and Oscar

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/13/2020 at 1:56 PM, kingofsurrey said:

I have new neighbours that just showed up yesterday in their car.... Albertans that packed up moved to beautiful BC....... Look like nice people.....

Beverly-Hillbillies-793x526.jpg

I was beginning to wonder if you were alive.

good to see you.

• Thanks 1

US drafts plan to pay oil companies to leave crude in the ground - report

Wed 15 Apr 2020 19:21:32 GMT

US would count the oil as part of its reserves

The Trump admin is considering paying US oil producers not to produce crude, according to a Bloomberg report.

"The Energy Department has drafted a plan to compensate companies for sitting on as much as 365 million barrels worth of oil reserves and counting it as part of the US government's emergency stockpile"
Oil prices and drillers have climbed on the news.

The report cites unnamed officials and says the government already has the authority to set aside as much as 1 billion barrels without dictating where it goes. Evidently, left in the ground, is good enough.

Did you ever think you'd see this day?
Edited by nuckin_futz
added more details.

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

US drafts plan to pay oil companies to leave crude in the ground - report

Wed 15 Apr 2020 19:21:32 GMT

US would count the oil as part of its reserves

The Trump admin is considering paying US oil producers not to produce crude, according to a Bloomberg report.

Oil prices and drillers have climbed on the news.

Did you ever think you'd see this day?

#communism

:lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

#communism

:lol:

don't laugh - this is how you save Alberta, it shouldn't be hard to convince Trudeau to pay you to leave the oil in the ground. You can call it a reverse carbon tax. 

On 4/15/2020 at 12:28 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

don't laugh - this is how you save Alberta, it shouldn't be hard to convince Trudeau to pay you to leave the oil in the ground. You can call it a reverse carbon tax. 

Well, Trudeau just announced a billion + to clean up orphaned wells...so i guess polluter pays is out the window.  But should keep 5k employed in alberta so...

He's the worst

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well, Trudeau just announced a billion + to clean up orphaned wells...so i guess polluter pays is out the window.  But should keep 5k employed in alberta so...

He's the worst

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney was quick to praise the move, thanking the federal government for helping to fund the cleanup of orphaned and abandoned wells.

"This is critical to getting thousands of people in the energy sector back to work immediately," he tweeted.

@Ryan Strome isn't that nice of Kenney to tweet out thanks for creating jobs in Quebec? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney was quick to praise the move, thanking the federal government for helping to fund the cleanup of orphaned and abandoned wells.

"This is critical to getting thousands of people in the energy sector back to work immediately," he tweeted.

@Ryan Strome isn't that nice of Kenney to tweet out thanks for creating jobs in Quebec? :ph34r:

Alberta also previously made an investment in this so I guess the feds are adding to it however this isn't really support for the energy sector. This does create jobs and likely might get JT some more environmentalist support. 

22 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Alberta also previously made an investment in this so I guess the feds are adding to it however this isn't really support for the energy sector. This does create jobs and likely might get JT some more environmentalist support. 

huh. Kenny thinks its for the energy sector. 

You claimed there would be nothing for Alberta. You were wrong. It would be good to at least admit that since Kenney does. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

huh. Kenny thinks its for the energy sector. 

You claimed there would be nothing for Alberta. You were wrong. It would be good to at least admit that since Kenney does. 

I said it creates jobs but you do understand what orphaned wells are right?

My point is I would rather see long term plans, energy east, possibly funding refineries, etc.

Edited by Ryan Strome

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I said it creates jobs but you do understand what orphaned wells are right?

My point is I would rather see long term plans, energy east, possibly funding refineries, etc.

yes, they are what happens when you trust the oil industry to live up to its responsibilities. 

I guess you just can't do it tho, admit Trudeau did something that helped Albertans :sadno:

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yes, they are what happens when you trust the oil industry to live up to its responsibilities. 

I guess you just can't do it tho, admit Trudeau did something that helped Albertans :sadno:

I admitted it created jobs. I'm sure he will probably win at least 18 seats here.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Jimmy McGill btw your response to orphaned wells isn't totally accurate but whatever I don't have the energy atm.

I'm hungover again..

yeah I was being snarky, but its kind of true. I don't think the regulators ever anticipated there being so many of them, some real pigs out there happy to stiff honest farmers with old wells. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

So your happy with that? AB has been forking out +$20 B per year for how many years? 

Oh yeah, I'm thinking Ryan is now completely satisfied with Trudeau. 100%

I assume he will be back on here saying let bygones be bygones. He's probably trying to fashion his hair just like JT's right now, so that is probably why he hasn't responded.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

So your happy with that? AB has been forking out +$20 B per year for how many years? 

:sadno:

47 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh yeah, I'm thinking Ryan is now completely satisfied with Trudeau. 100%

I assume he will be back on here saying let bygones be bygones. He's probably trying to fashion his hair just like JT's right now, so that is probably why he hasn't responded.

:sadno:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1