The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saudi Arabia declares oil price war on fellow OPEC (and non OPEC)members.

nuckin_futz

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

So answer this: Why does there have to be equalization? Why is up to us to fund everyone else?

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You didn't ask a question, you asked a series of statements made up on a bed of misinformation.

You are not the only ones paying.  Equalization is there to help every province who needs it.  It was changed by the very same guy you literally voted in to power and is now running your province in to the dirt.

So, you didn't ask anything worth answering.  Sucks when you want a simple answer but someone gives you the run around doesn't it?

:lol::picard:

As for running the province into the dirt? You are laughable...seems to me your province needed his hand out. Get a clue you guys are so dependent on Alberta.

Ran into the dirt lol name one thing better anywhere in Canada than Alberta. Quebecs daycare, oh wait we paid for it.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Warhippy acts as if he is the king of cdc acts for answers gets them doesn't like them complains endlessly. Discusses topics he doesn't understand so he can't answer direct questions. Warhippy: I will be back shortly I have to Google what you said to me and asked me.

Why do I bother.:picard:

Strome acts as though he is the moral compass and economic mastermind behind Alberta but he's really just a guy from Penticton who moved there, made some cash and is now better than everyone else.  We call that phenomenon "all hat, no cattle" 

You go ahead and google whatever you need.  You're upset because I threw your schtick back at you.

Alberta does nothing that other provinces don't also do.  Alberta has had equalization/resource structures changed three times in 50 years; the only other province to have that changed for them was Quebec.  Strome hates that he can't be right or taken seriously when he parrots the same oft disproved statements

Why does he bother?  Because he hopes one day people will take him seriously or believe the lies he bought in to peddled by people with a vested interest in divisive politicking 

@Warhippy

Question #2

Why did you say the formula benefits Alberta I told you it didn't and now you backtracked on your claim? 

I assume you want Gurn upvotes? Haha

Anyway you're right Kenney was in that government...immigration minister wasn't he? I'm sure he played a huge role.:picard:

Also JT loved the formula so much he renewed it.

23 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

So answer this: Why does there have to be equalization? Why is up to us to fund everyone else?

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You mean, every single province in Canada that has the EXACT same formula right?  Because Alberta isn't the only one to pay in to this, but they're really the only province outside of Quebec to have that formula changed to benefit them

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Please answer my question. 

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You didn't ask a question, you asked a series of statements made up on a bed of misinformation.

You got an answer.  You just didn't like it so you asked it again

Strome acts as though he is the moral compass and economic mastermind behind Alberta but he's really just a guy from Penticton who moved there, made some cash and is now better than everyone else.  We call that phenomenon "all hat, no cattle" 

You go ahead and google whatever you need.  You're upset because I threw your schtick back at you.

Alberta does nothing that other provinces don't also do.  Alberta has had equalization/resource structures changed three times in 50 years; the only other province to have that changed for them was Quebec.  Strome hates that he can't be right or taken seriously when he parrots the same oft disproved statements

Why does he bother?  Because he hopes one day people will take him seriously or believe the lies he bought in to peddled by people with a vested interest in divisive politicking 

More stupidity like when you claimed the feds looked after the trans Canada :lol:

I'm born in Alberta, not penticton...more hippy lies.

The formula wasn't changed for Alberta lol

Honestly you're so clueless and make it so easy.

Let's try again, why does equalization have to be a thing?

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Warhippy

Question #2

Why did you say the formula benefits Alberta I told you it didn't and now you backtracked on your claim? 

I assume you want Gurn upvotes? Haha

Anyway you're right Kenney was in that government...immigration minister wasn't he? I'm sure he played a huge role.:picard:

Also JT loved the formula so much he renewed it.

As to answer why Alberta pays, like everyone else does, which is no different than anyone else.  I refer you to Tombes

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/why-jason-kenneys-proposed-referendum-is-so-puzzling/

If Albertans want to see their federal tax dollars stop sharing the same treasury with ones that fund Quebec’s equalization payments, they have two options: help Quebeckers earn more money, or start earning way less themselves. The latter is obviously a non-starter, and the former might be just as implausible. According to Tombe’s calculations, in order for Quebec to become a “have” province its economy would need to grow by 33 per cent or generate $20 billion more annually in non-renewable resource revenues (Alberta generated a total of $4.98 billion in 2017/2018). In fact, it’s far more likely that Quebec will take in more in equalization in the future, as the Parliamentary Budget Office forecasts that more of its comparatively older population moves into their retirement years—and sees their incomes drop accordingly.

As for equalization structure.  It changed in 2009 with Jason Kenney as a senior Cabinet holding MP.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/equalization-separating-fact-from-fiction

You can assume Gurn upvotes me or not.  You're very concerned with stuff like that though and that's kind of weird.

As to answer why Alberta pays, like everyone else does, which is no different than anyone else.  I refer you to Tombes

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/why-jason-kenneys-proposed-referendum-is-so-puzzling/

If Albertans want to see their federal tax dollars stop sharing the same treasury with ones that fund Quebec’s equalization payments, they have two options: help Quebeckers earn more money, or start earning way less themselves. The latter is obviously a non-starter, and the former might be just as implausible. According to Tombe’s calculations, in order for Quebec to become a “have” province its economy would need to grow by 33 per cent or generate $20 billion more annually in non-renewable resource revenues (Alberta generated a total of $4.98 billion in 2017/2018). In fact, it’s far more likely that Quebec will take in more in equalization in the future, as the Parliamentary Budget Office forecasts that more of its comparatively older population moves into their retirement years—and sees their incomes drop accordingly.

As for equalization structure.  It changed in 2009 with Jason Kenney as a senior Cabinet holding MP.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/equalization-separating-fact-from-fiction

You can assume Gurn upvotes me or not.  You're very concerned with stuff like that though and that's kind of weird.

Omg.

Why is equalization even a thing?

Answer ffs!!

Btw I want to hear more about running Alberta into the dirt.

Come on, I mean you guys got a free handout, you do very well in child poverty and underfunded every program compared to Alberta. So explain that as well. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm born in Alberta, not penticton...more hippy lies.

The formula wasn't changed for Alberta lol

Honestly you're so clueless and make it so easy.

Let's try again, why does equalization have to be a thing?

Did I say born in Penticton?  Mmmm nope.

Was it changed for Alberta?  Sure was, twice in the 80s.  Most recently in 2009 based on expanding resource revenues.

The only thing easy here is the knowledge that you'll be back claiming this or that without ever understanding how equalization or transfer payments work.  To which I will post yet another link.

https://www.thestar.com/edmonton/2018/06/24/is-alberta-really-getting-shafted-on-equalization-payments-we-talked-to-an-expert.html

As for why equalization has to be a thing, it's statements like these that have so many questioning the mindset of the province.  it's like you intentionally refuse to understand confederation at all unless you're all of a sudden the victim.

Meh, you'll be back parroting this again shortly.  Looking for a pat on the back or something of the sort

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Omg.

Why is equalization even a thing?

Answer ffs!!

Btw I want to hear more about running Alberta into the dirt.

Come on, I mean you guys got a free handout, you do very well in child poverty and underfunded every program compared to Alberta. So explain that as well. 

I answered why equalization was a thing.

You just have to go look it up.

:bigblush:

The very fact you don't understand I am doing to you; EXACTLY what you do to so many others that ask you a simple question is amusing.

Canada's equalization program has existed since 1957. It was brought in as a way for the federal government to transfer funds to provinces so that every Canadian, no matter where he or she lived, would receive comparable services at comparable rates of taxation. 

So a Canadian living in a smaller province with a weaker economy would have access to the same public services as one living in a fiscally stronger province, without their tax rates having to go through the roof. 

Who actually pays? 

Not the provinces. Not provincial governments. According to the Library of Parliament, "Equalization is financed entirely from government of Canada general revenues" raised through federal taxes on all Canadians.

In plainer terms: equalization is funded by the federal government from its general revenue, raised through federal taxes, paid for by all Canadians. 

Did I say born in Penticton?  Mmmm nope.

Was it changed for Alberta?  Sure was, twice in the 80s.  Most recently in 2009 based on expanding resource revenues.

The only thing easy here is the knowledge that you'll be back claiming this or that without ever understanding how equalization or transfer payments work.  To which I will post yet another link.

https://www.thestar.com/edmonton/2018/06/24/is-alberta-really-getting-shafted-on-equalization-payments-we-talked-to-an-expert.html

As for why equalization has to be a thing, it's statements like these that have so many questioning the mindset of the province.  it's like you intentionally refuse to understand confederation at all unless you're all of a sudden the victim.

Meh, you'll be back parroting this again shortly.  Looking for a pat on the back or something of the sort

You're sad. It wasn't changed to benefit Alberta,  which is what you said. Now article after article has you backtracking. You said I from Penticton??? I wasn't born there and I'm not from there.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I answered why equalization was a thing.

You just have to go look it up.

:bigblush:

The very fact you don't understand I am doing to you; EXACTLY what you do to so many others that ask you a simple question is amusing.

You never answered it.

I want your answer, why is equalization even a thing? Forget any particular province why is equalization a thing? Stop mentioning confederation...you look silly  educate yourself. 

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Canada's equalization program has existed since 1957. It was brought in as a way for the federal government to transfer funds to provinces so that every Canadian, no matter where he or she lived, would receive comparable services at comparable rates of taxation. 

So a Canadian living in a smaller province with a weaker economy would have access to the same public services as one living in a fiscally stronger province, without their tax rates having to go through the roof. 

Who actually pays? 

Not the provinces. Not provincial governments. According to the Library of Parliament, "Equalization is financed entirely from government of Canada general revenues" raised through federal taxes on all Canadians.

In plainer terms: equalization is funded by the federal government from its general revenue, raised through federal taxes, paid for by all Canadians. 

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I want your answer, why is equalization even a thing?

It's like...in your rush to speak you never read the response.

Doesn't it suck when you want an answer to what you think should be a simple question but the person never responds to you?

In this instance I've now answered you three times, but don't let that stop you from asking me again.  Or suggesting I only asked 1.7 times.  Or that I didn't give you EXACTLY the answer you were looking for. 

as for suggesting I forget confederation then claiming I look silly for bringing it up.  That actually just hammers home how ignorant you are on the subject.  A subject so easily researched, debated and spoken of on this site over the last 4 years that it is astonishing you are STILL asking the exact same question so many have answered.  But then I keep saying you circle back endlessly and then ask these questions again and again and again and you never prove me wrong so.

There's that.

But I posted the answer twice here for you.  Enjoy

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Who actually pays? 

Just now, Warhippy said:

It's like...in your rush to speak you never read the response.

Doesn't it suck when you want an answer to what you think should be a simple question but the person never responds to you?

In this instance I've now answered you three times, but don't let that stop you from asking me again.  Or suggesting I only asked 1.7 times.  Or that I didn't give you EXACTLY the answer you were looking for. 

as for suggesting I forget confederation then claiming I look silly for bringing it up.  That actually just hammers home how ignorant you are on the subject.  A subject so easily researched, debated and spoken of on this site over the last 4 years that it is astonishing you are STILL asking the exact same question so many have answered.  But then I keep saying you circle back endlessly and then ask these questions again and again and again and you never prove me wrong so.

There's that.

But I posted the answer twice here for you.  Enjoy

Omg I want your answer. You aren't the government, Tombes or wikipedia. 

Your answer, photographer hips answer.

Compile your stuff and give me your answer and we can go from there, deal?

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

The sooner the question is answered we can move on with the discussion. @Jimmy McGill has given his answer in past not sure why you can't, hip.

I don't run on your schedule and I don't owe you a damned thing son.  I answered now 3 ish times or so and you want more.  

That's pure Berta Baby

But it's also not how the real world works

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Omg I want your answer. You aren't the government, Tombes or wikipedia. 

Your answer, photographer hips answer.

Compile your stuff and give me your answer and we can go from there, deal?

That IS the only answer.

You don't like it so you want something else.  your arrogance is colossal and only matched by your ignorance :) 

Edited by Warhippy

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I don't run on your schedule and I don't owe you a damned thing son.  I answered now 3 ish times or so and you want more.  

That's pure Berta Baby

But it's also not how the real world works

Berta baby haha ok and you guys are dependent on us. Lol

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

That IS the only answer.

You don't like it so you want something else.  your arrogance is colossal and only matched by your ignorance :) 

You never gave your answer, son. I assume it's because without googling you have no idea what you're talking about similar to when you talk about the trans Canada, political parties, gas prices, mp pensions, etc.