The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

14 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Oh my god that would be insane...

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Tofolli

lets go!

that looks like a solid top 6...as solid as it has been in years....throw in gaud/jake on the third line and the 1-2-3 punch offence looks good....now have to fix the defence lol...

• Vintage 4

6 minutes ago, Canadian said:

I wonder if Motte is banged up again? He brings so much more energy than anyone else usually.... At least MacEwen remains in. 

Love Motte, but fir him to play effectively he is just too small to stay healthy.  It’s too bad.  He needs to (somehow) bulk up, but keep his speed and quickness.  Is there a way for an already mature man to do that?  

22 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

Wow, too soon?  If he's not 100%, one big hit could set him back longer.  Plus he'll be rusty so how effective will he be?

Wow.  That's pretty lame.

1.  One BIG hit ... Face palm

2.  A "rusty" Boeser is better then anyone on the right side

3. When he went down he was 4th in R wing scoring - and we already know he can do better 

4. This gives us three scoring lines

5. Where's  WaldoLE?  Not in the top six anymore 

Instead why not - wow! That's a legit top six!  Or wow! He's fresh legs right when we need it! 

We already have enough negativity on the CDC - it's been quite the ride so far.  There is no reason why we can't get our hopes up and consider this a HUGE win given he wasn't supposed to be back until playoffs.  And there is zero chance the medical staff wouldn't clear him unless he was ready to play.  This isn't 1997 Babych getting forced to play while injured - times have changed. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

i heard a clip of green talking about Jake this morning ( it was recorded in the last couple days im sure)  He says Jake is having an excellent season and is the type of player that brings something to every line.

Im thinking that Green views that 4th line as a black hole of offence and is trying to give them an element of speed and a touch around the net.  Thats why we seeing Jake on the 4th in the lines vintage posted above.

That’s a good point.  Jake’s speed alone is always a threat on the rush. He pushes their D back, and creates space at the top of the ozone for east-west play.  Are Loui and Sutter going to be able to take advantage of that space?  It’s more likely that line, because of the two old slugs, gets trapped in their own end.  Other than Jake, it’s not an energy creating line either.  Loui and Sutter are just black holes.  And Green’s Systems make them look even worse.  

3 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Motte must be injured again.  There's no way Loui deserves a spot in the lineup over Motte.  Motte makes things happen in our bottom six.

Do you really believe that Motte is better then LE?   Think you've drank too much CDC koolaid.  I'm sure he's fine.  We'd need at least one more forward before LE's pushed out. 

Really curious how the Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli line will do. Hoping for some magic. Reuniting the (BPM) Life Line is great too.

There's a part of me that believes it's possible that the stars align, there is still time. Getting Boeser back soon would be great, staying in the hunt, then getting Markstrom back at the end of the season. Having a realtively healthy roster and getting in. It's still possible. And once they're in, who knows. I keep thinking about STL last year, being in last place in Janaury and then clawing their way up the standings. Maybe the Canucks do something similar in that they get healthy at the right time and go on a run.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Brock’s playing, and my mother-in-law got ran over by a bus.  I’m having two drinks!  :lol:

It’s past 12 somewhere I guess. 

Try not to blackout till after the games over. Should be an entertaining GDT. 

• Cheers 1