The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Really curious how the Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli line will do. Hoping for some magic. Reuniting the (BPM) Life Line is great too.

There's a part of me that believes it's possible that the stars align, there is still time. Getting Boeser back soon would be great, staying in the hunt, then getting Markstrom back at the end of the season. Having a realtively healthy roster and getting in. It's still possible. And once they're in, who knows. I keep thinking about STL last year, being in last place in Janaury and then clawing their way up the standings. Maybe the Canucks do something similar in that they get healthy at the right time and go on a run.

Boeser was with Pearson-Horvat this morning.

• Cheers 3

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Really curious how the Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli line will do. Hoping for some magic. Reuniting the (BPM) Life Line is great too.

There's a part of me that believes it's possible that the stars align, there is still time. Getting Boeser back soon would be great, staying in the hunt, then getting Markstrom back at the end of the season. Having a realtively healthy roster and getting in. It's still possible. And once they're in, who knows. I keep thinking about STL last year, being in last place in Janaury and then clawing their way up the standings. Maybe the Canucks do something similar in that they get healthy at the right time and go on a run.

Didn’t the Blues play great after January, and even win their division?  It’s going to take a lot of Scotch for me to feel like we can win enough games to get us to the top of the Pacific.  No time like the present to start!  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It’s past 12 somewhere I guess. 

Try not to blackout till after the games over. Should be an entertaining GDT. 

Yup.  I’m super excited Bess is back.  Our top six (with the addition of Tofu) looks friggin’ awesome!  :towel:

No more Loui :sick: with Bo!  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Boeser was with Pearson-Horvat this morning.

Having breakfast?

Well, if they set those lines, then okay, but I'm not sure why Green wouldn't reunite Pearson and Toffoli. Niot like they played well together in the past or anything ;)

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Having breakfast?

Well, if they set those lines, then okay, but I'm not sure why Green wouldn't reunite Pearson and Toffoli. Niot like they played well together in the past or anything ;)

morning skate.

3 minutes ago, billabong said:

So relieved for some good news! 

pearson-horvat-boeser

miller-petey-toffoli

thats as good as it’s gonna get.

It’s time to prove to the league that’s formidable top 2 lines 

If the team still plays without passion, and the losing continues, who is responsible?  

12 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

I hope they keep Toffoli on the first unit PP. I think he's a better fit than Boeser because he moves the puck a lot quicker.

Toffoli - Horvat - Miller

Hughes - Pettersson

Boeser - Gaudette - Pearson

Virtanen - Myers

I would put Horvat on the second pp and Boeser on the 1st. might get the 1st unit going again

4 minutes ago, billabong said:

So relieved for some good news! 

pearson-horvat-boeser

miller-petey-toffoli

thats as good as it’s gonna get.

It’s time to prove to the league that’s formidable top 2 lines 

Yeah no LE in the top six makes me a very happy camper.

• Cheers 1

I predicted the Islanders would win this one (as I believe they've won the last 10 meetings), but with Boeser back I think they turn things around tonight. Finally breaking that streak and winning. They can do it!  I also think Hughes will have a big game (3 points) Here's hoping Boeser can resume where he left off and stays healthy the rest of the way.

• Like 1