The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

2 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Who cares?

He just stated his opinion

It doesn't mean he doesn't want to see them make it and it has no bearing on if they do or don't

Above someone posted Beatles Helter Skelter

Here it should be Let It Be :)

Thats not an opinion though..its a fact....Of course Paterson (and everybody) wants the Canucks to excel, but based on their play, they will not get 9 wins in the remaining 14.

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

If Markstrom is actually back within the next 10 days or so, and Eriksson being banished to the 4th line, they're making the playoffs.

Eriksson is actually a good motivation technique for a coach.  Play well or I'll stick Eriksson on your line.:lol:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Love Motte, but fir him to play effectively he is just too small to stay healthy.  It’s too bad.  He needs to (somehow) bulk up, but keep his speed and quickness.  Is there a way for an already mature man to do that?  

Maybe you could ask Ben Johnson..

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, nzan said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is the most complete Top 6 the Canucks have ever had.

I know that seems ridiculous, but I don't know if the Canucks have ever had 6 legitimate Top 6 players on the top two lines since I started watching in '82.

Even 2011 we had maybe 5, the year prior maybe 6...I would count Raymond in 2010 but not in 2011.

I think 2009-2010 was the best top-6:

D. Sedin (29G, 85 PT in 63 GP) - H. Sedin (29G, 112 pts) - A. Burrows (35G, 67 pts)

Raymond (25G, 53 pts) - Kesler (25 G, 75 pts) - Samuelsson (30G, 53 pts)

Art-Ross winning 1st line center in Henrik. If Daniel wasn't injured, he would've been closer to 35 goals himself as well. Everyone on the top 6 with atleast 25 goals each. A 35 goals burrows and a 30 goal Samuelsson to boot. They scored a lot of goals that year as a team and only Washington scored at a higher rate than the Canucks that season.

In 2011 we had 2 players with 41 goals but burrows only had 26 goals and Henrik dropped below 20. Both Samuelsson and Raymond didn't hit the 20 goal mark as well and I always thought the top 6 production overall actually dropped in our historical 2011 season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I predicted the Islanders would win this one (as I believe they've won the last 10 meetings), but with Boeser back I think they turn things around tonight. Finally breaking that streak and winning. They can do it!  I also think Hughes will have a big game (3 points) Here's hoping Boeser can resume where he left off and stays healthy the rest of the way.

Hopefully Boeser doesn't try to hit Clutterbuck again..... 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MoldyTaco said:

Hopefully Boeser doesn't try to hit Clutterbuck again..... 

Grrrrrr

Hate being reminded of that clusterbfuglin.

Still think it was a deliberate attempt to injure Brock by steering him into the door jam.

Glad Brock's back.

Jake deserves to stay in the lineup.

We went from a dark hole at RW to pretty well set up w/Brock, Tofu, Jake, and Double Big Mac.

We got Brock back.

Marky's skating.

And the Big 'Friendly' Guy just played his last game in the KHL.

It's happening..

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

i scratch my head when people say this.

I cant imagine a scenario where a team rep/manager/coach goes up to the player and says " yeah brock i know you are still in pain and the dr says you need 3 more weeks, but we think you need to suit up because we are in a playoff position fight, so get your gear ready"

does that sort of dictatorship form of management exist?  honestly asking here...

I think that would be really rare, if it does happen. That said, these are highly competitive professionals who might tell the doctors they don't have any pain (when they still do) to try and get cleared so they can rejoin the team.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is very promising. Marky in the lineup would be huge. The Canucks can go back to their run and gun style that made them so good. This won’t go far in the playoffs but at least we could make it to the post season with Marky in net.

• Vintage 1