The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

11 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Toffoli

Roussell Gaudette Virtanen 

Motte Beagle Macewan 

That's as healthiest the forward group will be this year, ferland and leivo are done.

I'd like to see what that top 9 can get going during this playoff battle.

So would I. But with only a couple of practices under his belt putting Boeser on a line that other teams are focusing intently on physically punishing lately is a recipe for disaster. 

Toffoli has been arguably a better fit with Miller and EP 5 on 5 than Boeser has and that trio is generating a lot of chances even during this losing skid too so why mess with that line if you don't need to. 

Virtanen is a good fit with Horvat and Pearson too. And Boeser did not look out of place with Roussel and Gaudette previously. Getting Boeser back into game shape and minimizing his potential to get re-injured should be top of mind for Green. They need him the rest of the way and in the playoffs if they make it.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PREGAME | Brock Boeser

Ive been in love 3 times in my life... All 3 times with women. 

Brock is making it 4 now. He's just awesome. His character is legendary and I hope he retires a Canuck. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

What about Petey and Quinn? :lol:

Love both and hope they also retire as Canucks... But Brock is on another level of character. 

He won me over initially when he took that girl to prom, hes had a few other stories too. He loves to give back and realizes what a privilege God gave him... Not many are born elite nhl snipers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Really curious how the Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli line will do. Hoping for some magic. Reuniting the (BPM) Life Line is great too.

There's a part of me that believes it's possible that the stars align, there is still time. Getting Boeser back soon would be great, staying in the hunt, then getting Markstrom back at the end of the season. Having a realtively healthy roster and getting in. It's still possible. And once they're in, who knows. I keep thinking about STL last year, being in last place in Janaury and then clawing their way up the standings. Maybe the Canucks do something similar in that they get healthy at the right time and go on a run.

You just never do know - it's hockey and a lot can happen yet.   If we are going on winning streak now is definitely the right time.  Still have faith in this team - don't think we are out of out of it yet.  Hope the team comes out both angry and hungry.  

• Cheers 2

55 minutes ago, Darius said:

i scratch my head when people say this.

I cant imagine a scenario where a team rep/manager/coach goes up to the player and says " yeah brock i know you are still in pain and the dr says you need 3 more weeks, but we think you need to suit up because we are in a playoff position fight, so get your gear ready"

does that sort of dictatorship form of management exist?  honestly asking here...

Kevin durant and the warriors last nba final

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Wow.  That's pretty lame.

1.  One BIG hit ... Face palm

2.  A "rusty" Boeser is better then anyone on the right side

3. When he went down he was 4th in R wing scoring - and we already know he can do better 

4. This gives us three scoring lines

5. Where's  WaldoLE?  Not in the top six anymore 

Instead why not - wow! That's a legit top six!  Or wow! He's fresh legs right when we need it! 

We already have enough negativity on the CDC - it's been quite the ride so far.  There is no reason why we can't get our hopes up and consider this a HUGE win given he wasn't supposed to be back until playoffs.  And there is zero chance the medical staff wouldn't clear him unless he was ready to play.  This isn't 1997 Babych getting forced to play while injured - times have changed. 

Hey, better me lame than Boeser!  Not trying to be negative...just being cautious.  He's back way before the projected time of 8 weeks, possibly the rest of the season.  Is he fully healed?  Is he pressured to come back?  It's his ribs.  So yeah, a 'big hit' in the ribs could do further damage.  I would love to have Brock back too.  But apparently he's only been skating, not practising.  So yeah, he may be fit, but is he in game shape?  It's not negative to be worried that Brock is back before he's ready.

• Cheers 1