The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't think we win trying to match a defensive game vs Trots. I'd like to see Zack in and sit Loui tonight. NYI has a few big bodies and i'd like to see Zack throw his weight around. 

I think Motte is in if healthy. Pretty sure Jake is on the 3rd line. I do think Green wants the 4th as a strictly defensive line so my money would be on Mac sitting and LE slotting in there. 

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not sure its that big of a deal, I suspect Brock isn't going to see a ton of minutes tonight. I do think him being on PP2 might turn out to be a great idea, he should get more chances facing other teams 2nd PK units, so that might be a way of generating some more offence. 

Toffoli reunited with Pearson on one line and a rusty Brock back with his linemates seems too obvious to me.

Well at least Loui to this hour has been removed from the top six.

• Like 1

Just now, 6string said:

Toffoli reunited with Pearson on one line and a rusty Brock back with his linemates seems too obvious to me.

Green is making it an easier switch to put Loui up with Bo.  I can see Loui being double shifts.  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

Getting really tired of the LE top six argument, he had the least ice time of any player last game even though he played PK. (Not pointing your post our, just a recurring theme...)

1 minute ago, J-P said:

Getting really tired of the LE top six argument, he had the least ice time of any player last game even though he played PK. (Not pointing your post our, just a recurring theme...)

Did Loui play any shifts with Bo?  Yes.  That’s Loui in the top six, right?  It’s not the number of shifts, or minutes played.  It’s the message it sends to the rest of the team.  Jake plays great, and is demoted.  Loui plays terrible, and is prompted.  Guys want the best chance to win.  It’s pretty obvious our top young players are frustrated.  IMO they are losing confidence in their coach’s ability to make the tough decisions.  

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, J-P said:

Do a friiggin article on it.

I wouldn't read it though.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did Loui play any shifts with Bo?  Yes.  That’s Loui in the top six, right?  It’s not the number of shifts, or minutes played.  It’s the message it sends to the rest of the team.  Jake plays great, and is demoted.  Loui plays terrible, and is prompted.  Guys want the best chance to win.  It’s pretty obvious our top young players are frustrated.  IMO they are losing confidence in their coach’s ability to make the tough decisions.  

I would guess Jake wants his 24 shifts and 14 mins of ice time over LE 13 shifts and under 10 mins. The numbers also clearly indicates LE is out if Beagle returns before any more injuries. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If we lose again tonight, I wonder if Aquilini will call for a coaching change?  Is it too late?  

Off season lynching....

He must turn it around tonight, three losses in a four game homestand will not go over well here in this city.

14 games to go, if you blow this one you will need outside help too.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we lose again tonight, I wonder if Aquilini will call for a coaching change?  Is it too late?  

It’s an interesting thought. My guess would be Green is replaced in the off-season if we miss the playoffs, but if for instance they see Gallant as a long term fit you can definitely make a case for it to happen now if we lose this one. Making the playoffs this year is a vital step. 

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think it’s too late, maybe aquaman has an eye on someone who is not yet available and is waiting for the end of regular season butchers bill. 

• Cheers 1