The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Every game day now I hear this song in my head...

Having a rough week...food poisoning and a relentless boss who just doesn't care.

Could use a win (or two or five) to coast for awhile.  

Bad time for that with the TP shortage.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I'm usually very optimistic but everyone around us is playing better than us. We have lost 12 of 17 I think I heard today, and 5 of our last 6. That's not a little skid.

This is the worst hockey we have played all year and its the worst time of year to do that. Injuries arent an excuse. Everyone has injuries, Colorado has had grubauer out for a while now, way longer than markstrom and they are still carrying on with Francouz. 

The Canucks need to be better plain and simple.

Hate to see it but the oilers looked good tonight and were getting playoff tending most importantly....

Edited by riffraff

4 games against bottom feeding Pacific teams should be 4 easy wins (but won't be for this team), the other 8 are against tough Playoff teams (2 against Arizona). If we win the winable ones we just need to go .500 to get 8/12 wins which should be enough for the playoffs.

Problem is that this team has excelled against top teams and struggled against bad teams.

10 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

4 games against bottom feeding Pacific teams should be 4 easy wins (but won't be for this team), the other 8 are against tough Playoff teams (2 against Arizona). If we win the winable ones we just need to go .500 to get 8/12 wins which should be enough for the playoffs.

Problem is that this team has excelled against top teams and struggled against bad teams.

If that's the case, it will benefit the team even more. Could probably win 6 of 8 against playoff teams and split the the bottom feeders (seeing us win against LA and San Jose but lose 2 more to Anaheim just because) and we would be looking at a playoff spot too. But in any way shape or form, please just win. We need to win as many games as possible. Don't care how, don't care who, just win please. Win and make the playoffs. I am dying for some playoffs hockey for my favourite team.

19 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

If that's the case, it will benefit the team even more. Could probably win 6 of 8 against playoff teams and split the the bottom feeders (seeing us win against LA and San Jose but lose 2 more to Anaheim just because) and we would be looking at a playoff spot too. But in any way shape or form, please just win. We need to win as many games as possible. Don't care how, don't care who, just win please. Win and make the playoffs. I am dying for some playoffs hockey for my favourite team.

I think we have too many middle tier games where we've struggled as well. This team has been interesting, getting up for some big games and flopping for others. I'm sure they'll get up for the Vegas and Lightning games but will probably get eaten up by the Coyotes or Flames...