The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 10, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Personally, I think they want Isles to make the playoffs. Way more revenue when a big market team makes it. 

That last interference should be an automatic call. D man took 2 steps to the inside and was draped all over (Motte?) when he was going in on the forecheck. 

Much more blatant than the Gaudette slash

Interference has been out of control on zone entries for years and years and years.

That 'oops excuse me' shadow from the blueline towards the puck RUINS this game.

If the league really wanted more goals, they'd call interference as it was written in the book.

Edited by xereau
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Yes I remember Miller trade and all the fans so upset???? You have to give up something very good to get a top player back...

Great trade Jim...Grade - A

Toffoli trade was similar response?? Madden and 2nd for Toffoli a very good trade... Taffoli 30 goal guy complete player..

Great Trade Jim.. Grade A

Sign Taffoli 5 yrs x 4 yrs.. will score 30 goals... 68-74 points complete player better then Boser..

Must trade for top # 2 D man,,

Boser to NJ --- Damon Severson 25, 6'2 -- Top #2 D man) and 3rd rounder..

Tanev 30, has real history of injuries,will want 4 yrs x 4.8 million

Edler 34 - still playing big minutes but we must bring in Veteran # 2 D man..

Nobody can fill #2 D spot in system so must go get a Severson or someone equal and age must be under 27....

Remember fans have to give up a good player to get another good player...

We have wingers coming along, Podkoizon 19, Hoglander 19, Lind 21.. Boser will bring us return we need...

I think you have a point. Although no one wants to give up a great player like BB, we are in a position where that is one of our strongest positions with the acquisition of Toffoli. With having Toffoli, BB, Jake and MacEwen and then the prospects you mentioned, there is room to trade for what we need. DEFENSE!

I like BB but if I am going into the playoffs, I want those big bodies out there to handle the riggers of playoff hockey

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think you have a point. Although no one wants to give up a great player like BB, we are in a position where that is one of our strongest positions with the acquisition of Toffoli. With having Toffoli, BB, Jake and MacEwen and then the prospects you mentioned, there is room to trade for what we need. DEFENSE!

I like BB but if I am going into the playoffs, I want those big bodies out there to handle the riggers of playoff hockey

going into the playoffs we definitely need Boeser and Toffoli and I like MacEwen, but we could just as easily trade Jake , 

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Enorcement of interference in  the nhl is a joke. Guys getting mugged in the slot whe  the puck is 40 feet way, the "shadowing" you describe etc.  Reffing in all sports can be bad but the nhl is the only pro league i know of that deliberately alters its rule calling depending on the team playing, the score at the time, the time of season or the stage of the moon.  The least.professional organization in pro sports by far.

Biggest issue is next game it'll be called... if only you knew what is be called as a penalty and what isn't... some of these non calls are a joke...

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, bree2 said:

going into the playoffs we definitely need Boeser and Toffoli and I like MacEwen, but we could just as easily trade Jake , 

That's why I would like to see us see some playoffs this year so we can see what we have before making big decisions like that. I would ideally like to keep all of them but right now we have depth at that position and we really need to shore up the defense. I think things are still up in the air though until we know what Toffoli is doing.

As another poster said too , I would like to see players such as Jake and BB given a go on the PK. We won't know what we have until we try them out IMHO.

14 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

Keep Brock with Horvat. Keep the Petey Miller Toffoli line. Tofu is scoring and skating way better than Brock so far. 

I would like to see how Petterson would do with Horvat and Boeser on a same line.   It makes sense to have Miller playing with Toffoli and Pearson for a game or two.  All of top 6 combinations would be nice options to have if they do not have a good game and need some shaking things up.   I see 4 potential combos that could work well.

Current:

Miller, Petterson, Toffoli

Pearson, Horvat, Boeser

Potential top 6 combos
Miller, Petterson, Boeser

Pearson, Horvat, Toffoli

Pearson, Miller, Toffoli

Petterson, Horvat, Boeser.  

Pearson, Petterson, Toffoli

Miller, Horvat, Boeser

If Miller and Horvat are the top faceoff man with Petterson being the second option if he is waived off and this would still look good in the top 6.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Why is there talk of trading Boeser  again? He solidified all our lines last night, the one extra top 6 forward made us have 4 very serviceable lines. It’s a very bad idea to trade Boeser unless you would like loui Eriksson back in the top 6. Adding Toffoli doesn’t make Boeser expendable it just makes the team that much stronger. Yes we need another defensman but I don’t think you sacrifice your RW depth for that. Especially with the good prospects on D we have in the pipeline. 

We have very good winger prospects as well.

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

We have very good winger prospects as well.

Yes but Boeser is a 20-30 goal scorer right now, you can’t be sure that the prospects will turn into that. Podkolzin is a year away still cause of his contract. Lind and Hoglander are good prospects but they still aren’t a guarantee as with any prospect that hasn’t played an NHL game. I’d sooner trade hoglander or Lind+ over Boeser. 

Edited by Petey40
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, bree2 said:

and how many did the Canucks have in ot, I counted 3 at the end

The stats say it was 4 to 1 for the Isles. Might have been one of the more boring OTs I've seen.

• Cheers 2