The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion: If you HAD to move Podkolzin....

8 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Toews had 191 points in 222 games ,0.86 ppg in his first 3 seasons

Brock has a ppg of 0.82 in his 3 seasons (plus 9 games in 2016)

MacKinnon played 218 with a point total of 153,ppg of 0.70

Not saying Brock is the equivalent of either of those players but those are numbers you dont give up on at the age of 23...Baffles me seeing him in trade proposals on here 

I tend to look at Brock as a keeper as well; I think he's better than a lot of people on CDC have been giving him credit for.  I think our team is very close to ready to compete but it would be nice to see our d-core catch up to our forwards.... in my mind Podkolzin is probably the only piece good enough to make that happen without losing current contributors.  With that being said... I'd have trouble pulling the trigger on a trade sending him out unless it realllllly solidified our back end.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, naslund.is.king said:

Boeser has 161 points in 197 games..

Podkolzin has 0.

Im not for trading either i just don't get your logic here.

Yes Podkolzin has zero NHL points in zero NHL games.  However his potential is through the roof.  Sure Boeser is the proven product but Podkolzin was chosen much higher in the draft for a reason.  He was a top 3 talent who fell to 10 because he already had a contract to play for 2 years in the KHL.  So I'd rather keep the top 3 talent versus keeping Boeser IF we re-sign Toffoli.  If Toffoli is not re-signed it is a moot point as you have to keep Boeser.  If Toffoli IS re-signed then someone on the right side has to go.  Boeser would bring the most assets back right now.  He also needs to be qualified at $7.5 million in two years while Podkolzin would be on an ELC contract at $900k, so the cap considerations come into play as well.

Edited by Elias Pettersson

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

IF Toffoli gets re-signed then one of Boeser or Podkolzin will need to be moved.  It's a great problem to have but Toffoli is lights out with Miller and Petey so you'd have to think that Boeser would be the odd man out, especially considering Podkolzin would be on an ELC for 3 years while Boeser will be looking to get paid big dollars in 2 years, so you have to think about the cap implications as well.  We could get a top 4 Dman if we move Boeser, so that is the logical move.  

I really feel we will have to move Boser for # 2 D man..

Without Tanev next season that would be a big hole and we would be in trouble soon..Tanev Canucks best two way D man, real solid defensive D man..Alway injury prone and hurt again now..Need to move on from Tanev...

Trade Tanev on draft day for 3rd rounder..

sign Tofolli 4 yrs x 5 million.

Then trade Boser to NJ Devils -------- Damon Severson, 25, 6'2 solid #2 guy and prospect...

Have to give up top player for # 2 D guy and we have nobody that can fill Tanevs spot....

Edited by wildcam

13 hours ago, Pears said:

Podkolzin is one of the best prospects out there right now, we won’t trade for anything less than his current value. 

I would say he’s probably not even in the top 5 best Russian’s prospect out there (in terms of pure skill) let alone best overall prospect.

Kaprizov

Marchenov

Denisenko

Dorofeyev

Kravtsov

Podkolzin reminds me of Victor Tikhonov in his draft year. They both play a hard nose NA game, with untapped offensive skill. 

Edited by shiznak
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

I would say he’s probably not even in the top 5 best Russian’s prospect out there (in terms of pure skill) let alone best overall prospect.

Kaprizov

Marchenov

Denisenko

Dorofeyev

Kravtsov

Podkolzin reminds me of Victor Tikhonov in his draft year. They both play a hard nose NA game, with untapped offensive skill. 

You’re probably not far off. A recent TSN article ranking NHL affiliated prospects had Podkolzin 14th on the list (and the 7th best Russian). That’s just one list. I still agree he has high value. But people suggesting the equivalent to Makar/Provorov so on are insane.  Not only has he proven nothing in the NHL, but he’s a winger.  Young talented wingers are relatively easy to get in comparison to young top end D 

D80A1D8D-7767-4A51-A6DC-3D57BC2CEFF5.png

Edited by qwijibo
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, aGENT said:

Or Virtanen...Who plays a far more similar game to Podkolzin (ie: Podz is more likely to replace what he brings to the lineup in a couple years, on a cheap, ELC contract vs what Boeser brings).

na I want podkolzin and virtanen om the team. if push comes to shove deal Brock as he will return the most. 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

There's a reason for that....

Virtanen would put up similar numbers if he got Boesers 100% o zone starts and 1st unit PP. The difference is Virtanen can actually play a checking role Boeser last time he threw a body check he nearly ended his career. 

As much as I like Brock hes a 1 trick pony for 6m hes gotta do more than score goals in the high 20s.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:59 AM, Where's Wellwood said:

Makar, Dahlin, or equivalent. Could you imagine Hughes and Makar on the same team? 

Sure, but the way Podkolzin is developing at the ripe age of 18, I would rather have a player of his caliber on the team.

On 3/11/2020 at 5:46 PM, King Heffy said:

You'd have to give up a lot more.  100% would do Podz for Parayko though.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I wouldn't. I want to see this kid develop. 

Parayko's awesome, no doubt. But he's 26, while Podkolzin is 18 and plays an aggressive, dog on the bone style. 

He'll also be closer to the same age range of the younger core.

I'll pass on that idea. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, qwijibo said:

You’re probably not far off. A recent TSN article ranking NHL affiliated prospects had Podkolzin 14th on the list (and the 7th best Russian). That’s just one list. I still agree he has high value. But people suggesting the equivalent to Makar/Provorov so on are insane.  Not only has he proven nothing in the NHL, but he’s a winger.  Young talented wingers are relatively easy to get in comparison to young top end D 

D80A1D8D-7767-4A51-A6DC-3D57BC2CEFF5.png

Toronto media.  :lol:  nice troll job. 

On 3/11/2020 at 10:47 AM, janisahockeynut said:

I really want to see what we have in Tryamkin, Rafferty, Juolevi and Rathbone

No more of this just signing everything in sight, and hoping someone one will rise above the rest...…..

We are 2 years early, but by the end, we will arrive at the same time, at the top.....

If you really want to move Boeser, wait and find out what we have first...………….

If you look at out Defense, it is our own home grown talent, which are our best.....aka Edler, Tanev, Hughes, Stecher

Myers, Benn, Fantenberg, etc have all been what they were before they came

Have you seen OJ play live before?

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

cole caufield will be a bust the gm of havs told him to stay in college next yr  hes a tiny body hes no johnny gaudreau 

Many of the kids from that elite US team will be bustaroos.  Glad we got Podkolzin.  He just might be the best player in that whole draft.  Jack Hughes and Crappo Kakko had the worst seasons (almost) ever for top picks.  Ha ha ha.  Sucks to be a Devils’ fan.  

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

cole caufield will be a bust the gm of havs told him to stay in college next yr  hes a tiny body hes no johnny gaudreau 

Bergevin hasn’t even met with Caufield yet.  They were scheduled to meet next week prior to yesterday’s announcement. I assume that timeline will change. Nice try though. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Just wondering if you had and what your thoughts were.

Reaching for straws here there's no sports on tv. Did you know there's a channel called TLC?

LOL...…………..it's going to get worse! TLC runs Lassie re-runs...……….Don't watch them! They will make you cry! Not that I would know! :blush:

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Many of the kids from that elite US team will be bustaroos.  Glad we got Podkolzin.  He just might be the best player in that whole draft.  Jack Hughes and Crappo Kakko had the worst seasons (almost) ever for top picks.  Ha ha ha.  Sucks to be a Devils’ fan.  

kakko and hughes will be superstars not sure why ud think otherwise 

9 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Bergevin hasn’t even met with Caufield yet.  They were scheduled to meet next week prior to yesterday’s announcement. I assume that timeline will change. Nice try though. 

maybe u should be informed https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/why-are-the-montreal-canadiens-allowing-cole-caufield-to-decide-his-future

• Haha 1