The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Season Suspended

Rate this topic

So, if fans are looking for something hockey related to do, and for all those Armchair GM's out there, there's a game out there for Android and iOS, called World Hockey Manager. I have no affiliation with this group, just suggesting something for fans to occupy themselves with during, well, everything.

This is a simulation and its based on a managerial concept. You build a team and do challenges etc. It takes a long time to build up to the top league, you manage your budget, train players etc.

Just as a suggestion for anyone looking for a hockey related game to try.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I have the perfect solution. Have each team get every player a PS4 and a copy of NHL 20. Each regularly scheduled game will be played online with each player from each team controling themselves in the game. Broadcast it on national TV and see who wins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, if fans are looking for something hockey related to do, and for all those Armchair GM's out there, there's a game out there for Android and iOS, called World Hockey Manager. I have no affiliation with this group, just suggesting something for fans to occupy themselves with during, well, everything.

This is a simulation and its based on a managerial concept. You build a team and do challenges etc. It takes a long time to build up to the top league, you manage your budget, train players etc.

I’ve been playing this one for a couple of years. Pretty addicting. Great game (as far as mobile games go).

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, smokes said:

I have the perfect solution. Have each team get every player a PS4 and a copy of NHL 20. Each regularly scheduled game will be played online with each player from each team controling themselves in the game. Broadcast it on national TV and see who wins.

Quick! call up Juolevi!

• Haha 2

On 3/19/2020 at 6:38 AM, DrJockitch said:

I am not an expert on the economy but I think there will be a pretty rapid recovery once we come out of this thing.  They should really just shutdown trading for a while.

I’m not gonna lie, I’ve spent a few hundred extra bucks over the last week the way prices have been.... wish it wasn’t happening, hope to see a quick bounce back but it’s hard not to buy with prices the way they are.... I honestly don’t get the panic selling that’s happening, but maybe I’m just crazy. 

Free access including to all games of the 2019/20 season:

Starting Friday, the NHL will serve fans with an increased offering of video, editorial and digital content on NHL.com, the NHL app and across the NHL's social channels on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok by providing fans access to an expansive selection of classic NHL games, longform content from the NHL Original Productions' vast library and free access to stream full replays of games from the 2019-20 regular season.

Starting Friday and through April 30, the NHL and Sportsnet have decided to make full replays of all 2019-20 NHL regular-season games already played available to stream on demand. The games will be accessible via the scores and schedule pages of NHL.com and the NHL app and in Canada via NHL LIVE. For additional details on accessing the games visit NHL.TV or (in Canada) NHLLive.com on Friday.

The NHL will launch the "NHL Pause Binge" on NHL.com and on its official YouTube channel, which will consist of a curated collection of NHL Original Productions content, from the critically-acclaimed, behind-the-scenes programs "Road to the NHL Winter Classic," "Behind The Glass" and "NHL All Access" to full-length classic NHL games dating from the 1950s to present day. NHL.com and NHL Social daily programming will include fan favorites "This Day in History" and "Players to Watch: Next Gen," profiles on top rookies and draft prospects, a look back at top Stanley Cup Playoffs and Stanley Cup Final moments, and much more.

its Canuck year 50

I'd like to see some Canuck year 1 games on sportsnet

even year 10 or 20

games from this season or even last season, most fans will know the score long before the game ends

maybe they can do a John Garrett special series!!! Woot

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Only Brock Botanen would believe that.

Do you know about the Spanish flu from 100 years ago? That came in 3 waves. I dont understand why this flu couldn't do that. Theres already cases of people being infected twice, and it can jump species to species. Apparently a dog recently died from it (not sure how true it is hence the word "apparently"). This isnt just some ordinary virus, theres a lot unknown about the potential it has. It is a strain of SARS but it's not SARS. 

I am not claiming to be a scientist and 100% know things. I'm just trying to make people understand the seriousness of the situation and hopefully prevent some people that dont take it seriously from going to beaches, vacations, etc. That nonsense needs to stop.

The self isolation were doing is good but it will only slow the spread, not stop it.

I was at Sobeys today and seen a man touch multiple packages of meat looking at the prices. Just put this into perspective:

1) hes already infected and has now put the virus on not just 1, but 5 or 6 packages that a family is going to take home to eat.

2) he wasn't infected, but someone that was touched it yesterday. Now hes spread it to other packages plus if he touches his face hes infected. The money he hands the cashier infects the cashier. The cashier then infect the customers they handed change too before washing their hands

3) likely but not guaranteed, no infection spread. Felt like I need to say this or the replies will be "oh you forgot to mention this" instead of focusing on the point

So that 1 careless person has past it to multiple people. Those multiple people pass it on to multiple people and the course continues. 14 days later when symptoms start arising the positive testing will be through the roof because none of them had symptoms and felt like they were taking the right precautions. By this time the virus spread so much it's pointless to continue the self isolation as we are now and the government will decide to shut EVERYTHING down and put Martial Law into place.

WHY WAIT UNTIL THAT POINT? 

Kill the virus before we lose our loved ones!

We have the hospital capacity to treat the critically I'll now, we wont in 2 weeks, and that's when the death toll will sky rocket. Dont believe me go ask someone from Italy how serious this virus is

On 3/19/2020 at 6:46 PM, VegasCanuck said:

For the armchair GMs that have more time on their hands I can recommend Franchise Hockey Manager. A hockey realistic, in-depth managment sim with official NHL license, although you can also play (almost) any other league in the world. Graphics are minimal *coughspreadsheet*, but depth is sensational. If you really need to burn time, you can play historical mode, starting at any point in NHL history, e.g. leading the WCE era or the Linden era to a couple of cups. Or drafting a relevant player during the Sedin years...

https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/franchise-hockey-manager-home/

P.S. No, not affiliated with the game at all, just think it is the best hockey sim out there having surpassed Eastside Hockey Manager in recent years. Haven't played this year's edition, no time for that, but there may be young hockey nerds out there who want to try it...

• Cheers 1