The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes | TBD | What's Interference? Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

5 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

I was just hit with the realization that if the season ends tonight I have to start spending evenings with my wife again. How long do you think I can get away with watching re-runs of games on Youtube?

Kids are going to be staying home 24/7.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

I was just hit with the realization that if the season ends tonight I have to start spending evenings with my wife again. How long do you think I can get away with watching re-runs of games on Youtube?

Same bro same 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Not according to points percentage, which would be the metric they use. 

That's only used if the teams are tied in points, which with Winnipeg we are not.

With Nashville we are and have the same points percentage, but they win the next tiebreaker for RW only.

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

What I don't understand is they canceled the NBA season because one player got infected and may have transferred it to other players etc. But I don't believe an NHL player has been affected (yet). So, couldn't they keep playing the games (without spectators), until someone contracts it? In basketball they're just wearing basically a tank top and shorts and use their hands to play with the ball. But in hockey, players are equipped head to toe and wear gloves?

It's prevention measures.  It's about avoiding assemblies of large groups of people.

You forget that players are in close quarters in the locker room and strip and shower together...like Green with Eriksson...

All of the major sports leagues (except the KHL) seem to be canceling their seasons. I guess the NHL will be doing the same. Not sure how this will all play out, but my guess is this virus is just getting started. It`ll be interesting if the season resumes later. What to do now? Binge watch Netflix? I guess I could also re-watch Slap Shot and Mystery, Alaska. 

• Like 1

I have a strong feeling this game won't be played, and that we're hours away from a league wide cancellation.

For what it's worth, all 5 major college conferences have cancelled their basketball tournaments that were set to play without spectators. There hasn't been a confirmed case yet amongst college basketball circles, and yet the cancellation has been made for preventative measures, many of which were done minutes before game time around noon Eastern.

There is next to no chance in my opinion that we see games in the next month starting tomorrow. Tonight, maybe, but even that is in doubt. 

Edited by Grape

Yeah.. I think the league is being postponed. . Sounds like teams are supposed to keep arena availability until the end of July. 

So hopefully they can get things figured out sooner rather then later and get back to hockey.