The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes | TBD | What's Interference? Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

7 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

That's only used if the teams are tied in points, which with Winnipeg we are not.

With Nashville we are and have the same points percentage, but they win the next tiebreaker for RW only.

That's under normal circumstances when teams can be expected to all be finishing the season on 82 games played eventually. If they end up skipping the remainder of the regular season they'll have to go by points percentage since there's no way to balance out games played.

Didn't see this coming even though the signs were there (coronavirus)..

Fuc!!!   A duck.  Was looking forward to watching our guys make the playoffs legitimately.

With our division so tight can't see how any team that gets boned  being very happy about this.   If I was the league I'd let the teams play tonight just to give the Canucks one more game as the West is a total horse race.   Or create something to make it a little more fair (make the teams close to each other play one game each together?!!)

Calgary fans would be livid with the tie breaker.  OR we will be livid if the league says the season is over therefore the first tiebreaker doesn't count.   To make it fair I'd make CAL and VAN play one game - the winner goes in the loser plays golf.

On that front it's very likely there will be no playoffs this year.   Fans won't flock to arena's anytime soon.   This is also about money and no way the league just plays games with no fans long term.  Although our fans are crazy nuts and would still pack arenas that didn't have a rule against fans going.    Maybe then league can shuffle things up and say if a team like CLB (where fans cant go to home games) are in they circumvent it by playing in a non-playoffs teams arena close by?  Ugh that's stupid but it's still better then no fans at all. 

Back to the money  - the cap isn't going up.  Might even go down.   Frack fuc! Sh!t crap.    LE memes and hate won't stop anytime soon. 

Had circled the next four days on the proverbial calendar - the CDC is heating up just like the team.  BB is back !!  Markstrom is skating!!!  Now.  Whimper. 

Its so sudden...at least with a lock out fans can expect this outcome.   

Ok.  On the bright side - has QH done enough to win the Calder? I think he definitely has.  Makar has been out twice..and has faded where as QH competitive spirit and "huggy bear" body has just got better and better - and proven durable (in your face doubters!).. 

Miller.  Leadership. Co-MVP in my mind.

Demko.  A solid back-up who had played some damn good hockey for us with Markstrom out.  .925, .923 .918, .909 x 2 and two just below .900.   How's Bobrovsky done this year ha ha 

Horvat/Pearson/LE.  Facing McKinnon, McDavid/Draisatl and the leagues best night in night out and kept the score mostly on par - often plus players.  Can't ask for more.

Markstrom.  Enough said.

Green?  Well no Babcock yet ha ha. 

It sounds like they'll just pick up where they left off if/when they can resume?  Hockey in summer is fine by me...a responsible decision by all.  Wish our damn Gov't would get on board and take things more seriously too!   Cruise ships and travel should be out, completely.

• Upvote 3

Sounds like the season will be done, not just postponed. Apparently there are all kinds of issues where even if the players are all healthy, them being in public places they could possibly catch something and then it could be passed through other players etc. I think the virus will need to be completely dealt with before we see sports again. That could take months.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

What are the chances of these games not being made back up and this is the season? Teams in now are the teams in the playoffs for when the season eventually starts up again. Canucks miss out with games in hand.

This would be not ok.. we are still in a Playoff position if you take points/game..

Knowing Canuck luck I am scared this might happen though

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

It sounds like they'll just pick up where they left off if/when they can resume?  Hockey in summer is fine by me...a responsible decision by all.  Wish our damn Gov't would get on board and take things more seriously too!   Cruise ships and travel should be out, completely.

No kidding.

I hope you’re right Deb I’d be totally cool with Summer hockey!

• Like 1

If that was it, I had a lot of fun watching this team this season. It is the best team we've had in a long time. I really enjoyed watching the youth movement and young players showing glimpses of dominance in the league. All the best to the team, thank you for an exciting season!

• Like 1

• -SN- changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes | TBD | What's Interference? Edition

When the NBA suspended their season, I was sure the NHL would follow suit. I think there is a minimum 14-day moratorium in effect. The leagues need to have proof that new cases are severely on the decline before they would start up again.

Edited by Jack Fig