Sign in to follow this  
cuporbust

NBA officially suspends season

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Great..now we can add the Coronavirus to the list of things preventing the Canucks from winning the Cup.

  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

The NHL called off the 1919 Stanley Cup finals due to the Spanish Influenza, but that was only the last few games. If they called off the season now, that'd be a lot more significant. I would honestly be devastated, with our team finally in the running for a playoff spot.

Wouldn't be the worst possible outcome. If the season is called off, what would the draft look like? I would say the NHL would/should switch to the old Crosby lottery format. Considering how piss poor we have been in the last few years, this should give us the max number of balls in the lottery. Its the ideal outcome, we weren't really in the running to win all anyway. Getting great development years out of our young players while maximizing lottery odds. 

 

Edit: OK maybe not ideal but the next best thing. The lottery would basically be this year's Stanley Cup. B)

Edited by Toews
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

They'll come back with a no attendance policy and play the rest of the season, similar to what is going to happen with the March Madness tournament.

 

 

** or just come back for the playoffs with said policy ( at least I hope)

difference is NCAA doesn't have infected players (yet) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

The NHL called off the 1919 Stanley Cup finals due to the Spanish Influenza, but that was only the last few games. If they called off the season now, that'd be a lot more significant. I would honestly be devastated, with our team finally in the running for a playoff spot.

Dammit . I was looking for info and couldn't find it lol. I stand corrected. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Toews said:

Wouldn't be the worst possible outcome. If the season is called off, what would the draft look like? I would say the NHL would/should switch to the old Crosby lottery format. Considering how piss poor we have been in the last few years, this should give us the max number of balls in the lottery. Its the ideal outcome, we weren't really in the running to win all anyway. Getting great development years out of our young players while maximizing lottery odds. 

 

Edit: OK maybe not ideal but the next best thing. The lottery would basically be this year's Stanley Cup. B)

I suspect they may do the 2005 lottery style, but I feel like a lottery with a lighter weighting would be a better choice, given that more than 3/4 of the season is already over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man

that was quick

so i now reverse my view of his being tossed in the raptor game

i thought it was not warranted

in hindsight he should have been booted, escorted from the arena, and sent to some deserted island for a couple of weeks

 

if the tweet about him is true

he is a complete idiot

does not understand the first thing about viruses

or hygiene for that matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GritGrinder said:

NHL will announce the same thing in the next day or 2.

NHL season suspended until further notice due to Covid19..... may just give us enough time for Marky to get back and get us into the belated playoffs if the season resumes:ph34r:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shiznak said:

How ironic that the reigning defensive player of the year, shut down the entire league. 

and the NHL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is FEAR PORN to the extreme.  The velvet glove is coming off...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

NHL season suspended until further notice due to Covid19..... may just give us enough time for Marky to get back and get us into the belated playoffs if the season resumes:ph34r:

dude do you think they are going to shutdown for a week or two weeks?   You should be thinking now will there even be a season and playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

Guy's got talent.  

they call him the 'virus' 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xereau said:

This is FEAR PORN to the extreme.  The velvet glove is coming off...

Everyone is copying the Chinese Communist party.   

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, samurai said:

dude do you think they are going to shutdown for a week or two weeks?   You should be thinking now will there even be a season and playoffs.

There's a good chance there won't be BUT if the world pulls its collective panties out of its butt and the season resumes we get some much needed reprieve 

(I know, I know... it's highly contagious/good not to infect people etc etc) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

Whatever the option is that f*cks over the Canucks the most is what will happen.

I don't know whether this should make me laugh or cry.... it's too true.  

 

Edit:  Somehow we win the lottery and somehow there's a caveat that sends our pick to Tampa

Edited by J-Dizzle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

There's a good chance there won't be BUT if the world pulls its collective panties out of its butt and the season resumes we get some much needed reprieve 

(I know, I know... it's highly contagious/good not to infect people etc etc) 

History will look back at this as gov't and organizations panicking  and going overboard and following the management practices of the Chinese Communist party. You cannot shutdown life.   I am in Tokyo and all my kids school and activities are cancelled, meanwhile elderly people were out in full force in the department stores shopping - packed!  They are killing the economy and life cause a tiny precentage of the population has died from it.  

 

Edited by samurai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.