Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Pandemic [Game Over: Mafia wins]

Rate this topic


Aladeen

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Ceres said:

I'm putting it out there as a possibility. I think it's reasonable to at least suggest based on Aladeen's description of the game - one patient zero + those that are infected.

I don't like it because I think it makes the game far too difficult to balance adequately.

 

In any case, I can see with certainty that players can be infected and turned into wolves. The extent of this is unknown. 

*Say

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Ceres said:

I'm putting it out there as a possibility. I think it's reasonable to at least suggest based on Aladeen's description of the game - one patient zero + those that are infected.

I don't like it because I think it makes the game far too difficult to balance adequately.

 

In any case, I can see with certainty that players can be infected and turned into wolves. The extent of this is unknown. 

I just assumed patient zero was the mafia boss

Link to comment
28 minutes ago, J-23 said:

AV is a gut feeling and based on Science, your gut feeling is always right:

 

My resources to back up my claim:

 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/bigthink.com/surprising-science/neuroscience-behind-gut-feelings.amp.html

 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/is-it-rational-to-trust-your-gut-feelings-a-neuroscientist-explains-95086

 

I don’t think anyone would ever object to Science

Yes. You can't underestimate the power of the gut. 

 

I'd honestly say I'm mostly just driven by intuition in this game, with the reasons or justification coming post hoc.

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I just assumed patient zero was the mafia boss

Certainly. But I think it's possible we don't have a standard mafia team. Starting with one or a few wolves, while allowing infections, both fits the theme and is something Aladeen has done in the past.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
On 3/12/2020 at 2:40 PM, Aladeen said:

it is your job to find those infected with this yet unnamed disease and dispose of them but most importantly find and exterminate Patient Zero. 

this makes it sound like the mafia team starts with patient zero (and maybe some people are already infected) and they can only grow if patient zero is still alive

 

but then again it's not like infected people try to infect other people so it doesn't seem realistic, maybe it's more of a passive thing

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

this makes it sound like the mafia team starts with patient zero (and maybe some people are already infected) and they can only grow if patient zero is still alive

 

but then again it's not like infected people try to infect other people so it doesn't seem realistic, maybe it's more of a passive thing

Yeah, but it would take out a lot of the fun if the mafia weren't involved in choosing who gets infected, imo. 

 

Either way, we're pretty &^@#ed if this is actually the case. 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

this makes it sound like the mafia team starts with patient zero (and maybe some people are already infected) and they can only grow if patient zero is still alive

 

but then again it's not like infected people try to infect other people so it doesn't seem realistic, maybe it's more of a passive thing

Patient Zero could be a 3P role.

 

 

Regardless, it's just best policy to lynch scum. 

 

Who's with me?

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

this makes it sound like the mafia team starts with patient zero (and maybe some people are already infected) and they can only grow if patient zero is still alive

 

but then again it's not like infected people try to infect other people so it doesn't seem realistic, maybe it's more of a passive thing

I’m not entirely convinced the infected pertain to only the mafia. I think it’s possible patient zero can be 3P and have the ability to infect TP or mafia players, similar to cult leader abilities. The wording on it doesn’t make it sound like mafia and infected are intertwined.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

Patient Zero could be a 3P role.

 

 

Regardless, it's just best policy to lynch scum. 

 

Who's with me?

This post.

 

It seems like you know something.

 

But what it is, well that's... to be determined.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...