Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BIG BUCKS LOST OR DOWN cause of nosportvirus...

Rate this topic


hockeygod77
 Share

Recommended Posts

The sports world is losing millions and the spin off like 50 50 draws and jobs charities etc are all costing everyone by the minute..my portfolio which i worked hard for which is not much as im still mid aged is down over 60 thousand in a week.....so wonder if the sports action is going to lose millions....this whole virus thing i think should be figured out in 2 weeks...id like to see the whl bchl and nhl get back even if its no fans....without sports it is like a virus attacking me also... Sports is a mental aid for millions of people..now im going through withdrawals...lets hope this resolves very soon....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good idea.  Having 2 cases of scotch delivered this afternoon.  That should cover a couple weeks! :towel:

that is an expensive hand disinfectant

but maybe purell and other hand products are already completely sold out where you are located

 

did you know

basic dish soap is an ok replacement for handwash products

 

i just got back buying a couple frozen pizzas, some tp (i actually needed some), some breakfast cereals

i'm good for 3 weeks i think

might have to pick up milk, fresh produce/fruit in a week or so

but i'm going to try to limit these outings to a bare minimum

and will do my shopping when the store opens at 6 am and no one else is up shopping yet

 

regret having to curtail the odd eating outs that i do enjoy

Edited by coastal.view
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back to reality for a second here people,  after this current situation passes - and it will pass one way or another - reflection is going to allow us to appreciate what we really value in our lives and what our priorities really should be.  No game on, how about spending time with family/friends?   This is coming from an admitted sports addict so no, I'm not just a 'casual' fan that can simply walk away from my sports and move onto something else to occupy myself with little to no change in my life - but we as fans have to accept that there's zero control here, zero. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Back to reality for a second here people,  after this current situation passes - and it will pass one way or another - reflection is going to allow us to appreciate what we really value in our lives and what our priorities really should be.  No game on, how about spending time with family/friends?   This is coming from an admitted sports addict so no, I'm not just a 'casual' fan that can simply walk away from my sports and move onto something else to occupy myself with little to no change in my life - but we as fans have to accept that there's zero control here, zero. 

Spend time with family!  :lol:  My in-laws all retired out here, and are from Toronto :sick: and Calgary :sick:.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

The sports world is losing millions and the spin off like 50 50 draws and jobs charities etc are all costing everyone by the minute..my portfolio which i worked hard for which is not much as im still mid aged is down over 60 thousand in a week.....so wonder if the sports action is going to lose millions....this whole virus thing i think should be figured out in 2 weeks...id like to see the whl bchl and nhl get back even if its no fans....without sports it is like a virus attacking me also... Sports is a mental aid for millions of people..now im going through withdrawals...lets hope this resolves very soon....

If you recall, after 9/11, when the NYSE re-opened there was panic selling and the market had its biggest single-day losses in history (at the time).  However, it didn't take too long for the markets to turn back around and they went on the biggest bull run in history.

 

A market crash like this presents an opportunity.  There will be bargains to be had and the market will start to climb back up again.  Apparently they are already back up 5% this morning.

 

In the words of Douglas Adams, Don't Panic.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

If you recall, after 9/11, when the NYSE re-opened there was panic selling and the market had its biggest single-day losses in history (at the time).  However, it didn't take too long for the markets to turn back around and they went on the biggest bull run in history.

 

A market crash like this presents an opportunity.  There will be bargains to be had and the market will start to climb back up again.  Apparently they are already back up 5% this morning.

 

In the words of Douglas Adams, Don't Panic.

Stop trying to make sense on here!  Don’t panic...that’s what the media wants us to do. Immediately strip to your underpants, wrap yourself in protective tp and run around in the back yard. Drink all the scotch, yes all of it. For the good of the nation!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Amebushi said:

Stop trying to make sense on here!  Don’t panic...that’s what the media wants us to do. Immediately strip to your underpants, wrap yourself in protective tp and run around in the back yard. Drink all the scotch, yes all of it. For the good of the nation!

Sorry.  I'm very tired.  I don't know what I was thinking.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Spend time with family!  :lol:  My in-laws all retired out here, and are from Toronto :sick: and Calgary :sick:.  

Come'on man, there's got to be some other melcacian's around somewhere you could connect with.......

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

The sports world is losing millions and the spin off like 50 50 draws and jobs charities etc are all costing everyone by the minute..my portfolio which i worked hard for which is not much as im still mid aged is down over 60 thousand in a week.....so wonder if the sports action is going to lose millions....this whole virus thing i think should be figured out in 2 weeks...id like to see the whl bchl and nhl get back even if its no fans....without sports it is like a virus attacking me also... Sports is a mental aid for millions of people..now im going through withdrawals...lets hope this resolves very soon....

You're only down $60,000? That's great news.  I am afraid to look.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...