The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BIG BUCKS LOST OR DOWN cause of nosportvirus...

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

4 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

The sports world is losing millions and the spin off like 50 50 draws and jobs charities etc are all costing everyone by the minute..my portfolio which i worked hard for which is not much as im still mid aged is down over 60 thousand in a week.....so wonder if the sports action is going to lose millions....this whole virus thing i think should be figured out in 2 weeks...id like to see the whl bchl and nhl get back even if its no fans....without sports it is like a virus attacking me also... Sports is a mental aid for millions of people..now im going through withdrawals...lets hope this resolves very soon....

You need to diversify,  short some stocks and you will be rolling in tendies in no time... people getting rich AF off this. To think the market has infinite growth is silly and any real investor is loving this because there is market certainty right now and that certainty is most sectors will be seeing a loss in share price for at least for the next little while (there will be stimulus rebounds but still). If you are a die hard Bull and can't stand the thought of being a Bear (I get it) then start moving your investments to the Biotech companies for some insane gains, especially companies that are close to securing a vaccine mass production,  those stocks have the potential to increase 1000s of percent.

Short - Cruise lines, airlines, hotels companies, travel companies, event organizers etc.

Buy and sell  -   Cleaning supply companies (Proctor and Gamble, Lysol), medical equipment manufacturers, OTC medicine producers (Advil, Tylenol), home entertainment (ie netflix, HBO etc)
Buy and hold till moon landing - Biotech companies that are getting deals for testing/vaccinating against Covid-19 and companies that will secure contracts for future pandemics. 

Use common sense in the stock market now and you will be able to retire early. 

Don't worry. Sylvia Browne predicted this years ago. She wouldn't lie to us would she? :rolleyes:

“In around 2020 a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments. Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it has arrived, attack again 10 years later, and then disappear completely.”

Edited by JRSJ
Spelling

YES I KNOW I CAN RETIRE EARLY IF THIS GETS RESOLVED..BUY LOW SELL HIGH RITE..ok so you have some cash sitting...i buy airlines banks and some commodities like auto parts and lumber....how about great canadian river rock ...its all cheap///will sports action ever go under even with sports down...anyways money will be worth nothing if we dont get this figured out...im just saying usually when there is turmoil i can turn to sports to therapy while watching my teams..no canucks no jays no whl or bchl...cant go out much and you cant buy much....its going to be weird next little while sport fans....good health to everyone and may the HOCKEYGODS BLESS US ALL.

9 hours ago, coastal.view said:

just a bit of info

please double check this

i only pass on what i believe is reliable

pandemics take about 3 months to cycle

expect 12 weeks of disruption

stock up a bit

during the peak you will not want to go out

Anyone on this site who's got borrowing power and a big sack, or money available not tied up should be buying as much as possible right now.  You might not hit the low - maybe that's in a month or two - but things are tanking fast.  Part of that is because smart investors are getting out with what they can and ready to re-invest as it drops further which it will.  Trying to hit the bottom is tough.   For the rest of us don't dispair.  You don't lose the money unless you sell off.  If you don't have the stomach for it, just wait , it will bounce back.   Thankfully my wife has big balls so she's taking care of it ha ha. 

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, coastal.view said:

that is an expensive hand disinfectant

but maybe purell and other hand products are already completely sold out where you are located

did you know

basic dish soap is an ok replacement for handwash products

i just got back buying a couple frozen pizzas, some tp (i actually needed some), some breakfast cereals

i'm good for 3 weeks i think

might have to pick up milk, fresh produce/fruit in a week or so

but i'm going to try to limit these outings to a bare minimum

and will do my shopping when the store opens at 6 am and no one else is up shopping yet

regret having to curtail the odd eating outs that i do enjoy

But sick people do their shopping at 6 am to avoid the crowds...Ahhhh can't win for losing but hey.... We are canucks fans that's how we skate. 

12 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

The sports world is losing millions and the spin off like 50 50 draws and jobs charities etc are all costing everyone by the minute..my portfolio which i worked hard for which is not much as im still mid aged is down over 60 thousand in a week.....so wonder if the sports action is going to lose millions....this whole virus thing i think should be figured out in 2 weeks...id like to see the whl bchl and nhl get back even if its no fans....without sports it is like a virus attacking me also... Sports is a mental aid for millions of people..now im going through withdrawals...lets hope this resolves very soon....

Stable genius is that you?

once you get the flu if you get the flu or a cold during the season you usually dont get it again for good time...does corona once you have been tagged with it does it come back or are you free from getting it again....the only piss off for me is their is absolutely no sports to watch on t.v or in person..im a huge sports fan.......there must be a way to solve this..this earth has been around too long for all of us humans to just buckle after years and years...is it something simple are we overlooking the solution..........

14 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

a cure will be found....zinc or something that will block the bad cells from surviving...i think the scientist will figure something out soon...

Yes, this dismissive thinking about something declared a pandemic by an organization dedicated to world safety is why we're seeing steps taken that I, and many people here, have never seen.

This isnt a flu bro. This is serious.

ok serious ....with all the science these days..like you can build a human you can transplant fake hearts...you can do much more but this corona virus....there must be something...its not a cancer or anything that kills you instantly but i agree its serious...nothing is happening at the moment...

12 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Everyone quick start eating as much zinc as possible, I think there is zinc in pennies. Buddy just saved millions. 

I just increased my position with $AAPL this year so eating pennies would be the least painful thing I would have done with my money.