The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marc Michaelis | #56 | LW/C

8 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Would rather see Bailey back in the lineup as soon as he's healthy.  You don't have to wait long to see his skills.  They're pretty obvious, at least in flashes, in most games he plays.

Bailey’s development is further along and I agree that he shows a lot more. I like Bailey’s straight line game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Haven't loved or hated his game. 

More so wondering what exactly is he as a player.  Is he an energy line guy? or is there more? He kinda leaves me wondering what the bottom line is with him as a player. He has looked fairly okay the last few games, would like him to get more touches on the puck to see what exactly his skills are. 

Pretty fair assessment.  I'm of similar mind, obviously it has only been 5 games so growth can still happen but I have no problems with this guy being a 13th forward type player.  Plays a safe game and he is able to keep up to an NHL pace.  Haven't seen him be dangerous offensively at all, and he needs to be if he wants to be anything more than a 13th forward.  But, once again, it's only 5 games so that's not completely fair to hold against him yet.  

• Hydration 1
2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Pretty fair assessment.  I'm of similar mind, obviously it has only been 5 games so growth can still happen but I have no problems with this guy being a 13th forward type player.  Plays a safe game and he is able to keep up to an NHL pace.  Haven't seen him be dangerous offensively at all, and he needs to be if he wants to be anything more than a 13th forward.  But, once again, it's only 5 games so that's not completely fair to hold against him yet.  

I tend to think Motte will bump him but he does his job and it'll be a while before you see his best

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I tend to think Motte will bump him but he does his job and it'll be a while before you see his best

Quite possibly and that's fine.  That's the reality of an organizational depth player

23 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Bailey’s development is further along and I agree that he shows a lot more. I like Bailey’s straight line game.

How about Zack adds toughness and skilled enough to play bottom 6 and he add stands up for teammates,  good fighter, good speed, big hits?

Come on Green this player needs to play, every team need his style of game...

Also like Bailey 6'4 adds speed..

4th line --  Bailey 6'4  speed  - Beagle - MacEwen 6'3 speed -- Imagine these 2 wingers on forecheck...

Motte - Returns soon play on 3rd line lots of energy and decent skill..

Roussel  -  not the same player this year

Hawryluk -- 6'0 -- Not as skilled as MacEwen or Bailey....

Michaelis 5'11 -- Not as skilled as MacEwen or Bailey

Erickson -35  -- Utica come on enough --Maybe he will retire with Utica lifestyle..

Edited by wildcam
  • Hydration 1

I love Mac but his defensive game has exposed him this year.  He also looks a little out of control when he skates fast.  Maybe that has impact for him positional game.?  It is his first season full-time in Vancouver so there is time for him to improve but he is 24 years old.  I wonder is he has started to plateau.  As an undrafted player he has done amazing but his NHL career may be only a few years but what he has accomplished is still amazing.  B)