• M. Ohlund
    • R. Kesler
    • A. Burrows
    • B. Morrison
    • T. Tanti
    • K. Bieksa

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, zimmy said:

Despite our unique perspectives and energy (age), this poll will never rise to the level of historical accuracy. We just have to accept that.

There aren’t enough of us around who remember the seventies let alone lived them! Heck, I hardly trust my own recollections being just a young lad during those formative years. I watched the game but can’t say I was a particularly discerning observer. I went to games at the old Pacific Coliseum but proved a relentless and all consuming homer. Watched every game that came on the TV but how many a week was that? Two maybe?

The Canucks of my childhood are indelibly stamped in my mind and it allows me to compare and judge with a breadth and width that many of our younger participants in the CDC can’t appreciate (or maybe they do!). Certain deserving players continue to slide away from our collective memories but that just seems part of the natural order of things. 

Hey man, I'm just doing what I can, which is all I can do.

Otherwise it's like standing around and watching the Library of Alexandria burn...

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Hey man, I'm just doing what I can, which is all I can do.

Otherwise it's like standing around and watching the Library of Alexandria burn...

I get it, and yet Western Civilization survived that episode and I’m sure somewhere, somehow, somebody will keep the “ancient” memories of those Canucks of yore alive. 

• Vintage 1

I should recuse myself from these. My Canuck knowledge starts in the early 2000s. I feel bad voting but not knowing the Gradins, the Smyls even prime Linden and Bure. It’d be cool to see some stories and clips or whatever of the older guys so us younger folks get an idea of the legends from the past. 

• Cheers 1

• -AJ- locked this topic