The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia! The Dark Tower: Game Over - Town Win!

Rate this topic

Kryten

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

Is AV just playing dumb?

If he was Mafia, why put all the pressure on himself this early, claiming he's vig, PM'ed by someone important, etc.

Scum!J-23 would probably take the opportunity to join the shading of AV. Unless they're teammates, this looks good on him.

Also, his general play has been solid - probing, voting, etc.

J-23 likely town. Nearly willing to lock it in.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
3 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Could be but AV has positioned himself to be unlynchable this round. He is playing high level go and the rest of us are playing tic tac toe.

his WIFOM is on point this game.

even though my vote for BJ was for shiggles at first I think he may be the best lynch at this moment he is playing just like last game. Watching all the town chatter and dropping in periodically.

Also nearly ready to lock in Aladeen as town. I like his take on BJ, which is what I am feeling as I read through.

Someone provoke him to see if he explodes. If he doesn't, he's town.

...*waits for Aladeen to call me scum for this post*

1 hour ago, Carlutch98 said:

Well my name is Carlutch and this is my first time here. Ummmm sorry for not fitting into the vet crew right away. I know seniority is probably a thing in this game. Usually play on the cdc for Fantay hockey. Loved the whole hockey sim league so i was introduced into this and just giving her a go

That's a little about me

Don't worry about fitting in with the vets and such - it's not about that. Your 'I didn't get a PM' post is a trick that's been tried before in games where Townies don't get PMs, and now it's a bit of a running joke amongst us. Thus, when a new player does it, we think they've been coached by mafia bros.

Your goal here, if you're Town, is to look for people who are maybe posting inauthentically, or with an agenda. E.g. my above post where I quoted Aladeen, I pointed out that I like his take on BJ, because the idea of someone 'dropping in' to the thread to comment could suggest someone hoping to look active and engaged but is actually hoping to lay low. Therefore, possible mafia with an agenda of getting townies to vote each other out without being noticed himself.

/teachingmoment