The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia! The Dark Tower: Game Over - Town Win!

Rate this topic

Kryten

On 3/30/2020 at 2:49 PM, Alain Vigneault said:

Lately

U

Catch a drift

Kill a bird

Yes or no

Last but not least

A stone left turned

Goes in circles

Everyone says

Release the Kraken

I think I'm paranoid

Some might say

Move to the rhythm of the beat

And scream and shout

For justice and honour

I am Legend

And so are you.

Did you people like my poem?

AV

I woke up in the middle of the night to piss and it dawned on me

You're the paranoid sheriff.

• Haha 1

Chapter 1: post-Zfetch votes on falcon and J23

Okay, I can’t find a particularly good place to start this review of how the vote unfolded, as it was a gradual, ongoing sort of affair. I’ve decided to go with page 36 as it was where Z was officially GKed and the vote on him dispersed. Falcon also self-voted here when he was in danger of becoming the next wagon. Aladeen also started his anti-J-23 campaign here.

So:

AV votes J-23, which is understandable considering the behind-the-scenes stuff between them. Naslund immediately wagons there too. Virt later votes J as well.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/393363-mafia-the-dark-tower-game-on/?do=findComment&comment=15325912

At page 38 vote count it stands as:

Falcon (5) – MR, Kurisu, lucky, falcon, Qwags

J23 (4) – Aladeen, BJ, Naslund, Virt

It doesn’t seem like the mafia are overly concerned who amongst these two is lynched, but Aladeen is obviously trying to lead the ‘alliance’ towards J23 already.

(That said, shortly after this vote count, Lucky unvotes and Qwags moves to J23. Q’s move can be explained by J23 being the ideal mislynch, rather than falcon being a scummate he was hopping away from, but the latter could still be true too.)

At this point, Jazz votes Qwags without reason, and Kurisu and J23 immediately hop aboard.

Virt says no, and Kurisu unvotes. J23 self-votes and admits he’s the Sheriff. Kurisu and jazz both vote J23, then both immediately decide J23 isn’t lying and jump off (Kurisu to Naslund then later falcon, Jazz to Qwags).

BJ and Naslund both unvote J23, and Kryten announces on hour to go. AV suggests falcon is the best vote but for the next couple pages no votes move as people discuss the nature of J23’s role and such.

Conclusions with one hour to go

-Jazz looks good for starting an early Qwags vote and for his progression on/off J23 - not cleared, but looks good

-Kurisu also looks good for all his movement (mafia like to remain static) and for his progression on/off J23 - but again, not cleared, just looks good

Questions to consider

-Is Falcon scum, and that's why Qwags joined Aladeen on the J23 wagon?  Or just an innocent TP caught up in the scum's games? I think this depends on how much stock we put into the idea of Qwags being a team player vs doing his own thing.

Chapter 2: the rise of the Qwags vote

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/393363-mafia-the-dark-tower-game-on/?do=findComment&comment=15326137

Page 43 vote count:

J23 (4) – Aladeen, Virt, J23, Qwags

Falcon (3) – MR, falcon, Kurisu

Clearly the mafia are hoping to get J23 pushed out still, although any remaining teammates are not joining in. At this point Aladeen and Qwags are going to feel good about what’s happening (no surprise they’ve been quiet through all this).

Importantly, I’d also expect any remaining teammate to distance from them but without rocking the boat.

AV, Kurisu and Lucky look for alternatives (Qwags and Carlutch, respectively) which is a good look for them, I’d say (see above sentence about mafia not wanting to rock the boat). J23 obviously unvotes himself, too, and suggests Naslund. BJ entertains the Qwags idea but basically says he isn’t sure. AV also proposes Lucky and BJ.

Qwags makes a random list and J23, Lucky, Kurisu, and Naslund all vote him within 9 minutes of each other. (Already discussed this being a good look for all of them, although slight caveat is that K and N were a few minutes later and so could potentially be scum worriedly hopping on a counter wagon to avoid getting caught out.)

AV just says ‘too much madness’ and doesn’t vote anywhere despite his prior suggestions. BJ votes falcon (long since an unviable wagon).

Virt pleads to vote J23 (mistakenly says JE, leading to a couple joke votes, then…) leading to Lucky, AV, and BJ to unvote.

Conclusions at this point:

-Kurisu and Lucky sure don't look like mafia - they're actively searching for an alternative to J23/falcon and help push the Qwags vote to legitimacy

-AV is more mixed, as he did also look to change the status quo, but never actually voted anywhere

-BJ looks lost, and his hesitancy on Qwags and then vote on falcon of all people (that wagon had died off) is a strange look.

Questions to ponder:

-Did any mafia see the sudden Qwags wagon, panic, and vote there to distance from Aladeen/Qwags? If so, Naslund is probably the best bet, as he had a few minutes (real time) to consider his plan of action. Bold move if that's the case. For now I'm inclined to see the Q wagon as pure, but let's not close this possibility.

Chapter 3: the final lap

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/393363-mafia-the-dark-tower-game-on/?do=findComment&comment=15326199

Page 45 vote count with 9 minutes left:

Qwags (4) – Jazz, J23, Kurisu, Naslund

J23 (3) – Aladeen, Virt, Qwags

Everything is falling apart for the mafia’s plan here. They are on the verge of losing a second teammate and could have a Sheriff of some sort mislynched instead.

The final votes come in, with BJ voting J23 and lucky voting Qwags. Aladeen and Qwags plead a bit, and apparently there was some PM pleading to AV too? AV votes J23 but a few seconds too late and it doesn't count.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/393363-mafia-the-dark-tower-game-on/?do=findComment&comment=15326242

Page 47 final tally:

Qwags (5) – Jazz, J23, Kurisu, Naslund, Lucky

J23 (4) – Aladeen, Virt, Qwags, BJ

Questions to ponder:

-Did AV try to last-minute save a teammate, or does his inability to do so successfully suggest he wasn't invested enough for that and thus not a scummate?

-Is BJ openly a wolf in his actions here, or is it a classic case of TWTBW?

-Is a Virt/Aladeen scum team bold enough to do this just to clear Virt for the stretch run? (Probably not, but worth a moment's consideration.)

-Is there any way Lucky is not Town? He hammered Qwags with minutes to go, and that would have inadvertently cast shade on Aladeen (who we didn't know was going to die). If Lucky is scum...f*** he deserves it.

Epilogue: where does this leave us?

Lucky - gotta be town for helping to start the vote on, and then hammering, Qwags

Jazz - probably town for starting/re-starting the Qwags vote, and his interaction with J23's Sheriff reveal felt natural

Kurisu and Naslund - also probably town, but if there's a wolf who made a quick decision to distance, it'll be one of them, more likely Naslund

Virt - still likely Sheriff as he says, considering who voted with him against J23; he's likely to get MKed or SKed at some point anyway

Falcon - I'd lean towards town, due to the aborted attempts to make him the counter-wagon, but there's more of a possibility of a scum here

AV - I think his actions and reactions feel more like an uninformed villager than not, but his failure to commit to votes throughout is an iffy look

BJ - just so, so scummy; he looked exactly like an outside-the-alliance teammate trying to nudge Aladeen's plan along

No one else was around enough to comment on.

Otherwise did make an appearance right before/during J23's reveal of being Sheriff. Here were her posts:

12 hours ago, otherwise said:

if true this is a super old school way of sheriffing which is either excellent and this sheriff is either real or thinks they are real or this is a mafia playing a big game. I'm not sure what to think just yet. I might give one more day to see if they can get results.

(in response to J23 saying his sheriff had 'done this before' or whatever.)

11 hours ago, otherwise said:

I'm not sure I can put in to words why but,

vote aladeen

sorry.

10 hours ago, otherwise said:

so he came back tp?

did it give a role/ did he say what his role is?- only looking for yes/no for this part.

(this was just after J23 revealed his role and is referring to AV)

I don't think this is a mafia, but could be SK, especially with that random Aladeen vote in the middle of the falcon/J23/Qwags debate.

• Cheers 1
58 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Assuming he wasn't lying, Aladeen jailing Blue Jay 22 basically confirms Blue Jay 22 as town.

@Blue Jay 22 What's your role this game?  I don't recall you ever saying it.

*or SK

AV you need to make a visible vote change tonight, will narrow down the SK pool