The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Mix Exchange - COVID 19 edition

Rate this topic

Kragar

disputare suscepimus

Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated

Solid vibe. But I do have to doc marks for a misleading title. Energetic song not a sedated song! Shame! I liked it overall tho

9/11

Rod Stewart - Reason To Believe

Quality Lyrics. Enjoyable song and really do hit the spot rn. 
9/11

Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Beanfields

Eh its an okay song but doesn't quite keep the vibe going like the last two could.
7/11

James Brown vs Led Zeppelin Whole Lotta Sex Machine

Best song of the whole playlist. Fantastic, Everything about it. Quality duet that belongs in a museum somewhere. Amazing. James Brown is magic.
10/10

The Kings - This Beat Goes On/Switchin' to Glide

Eh. Its a pretty good song. Lyrics are alright and this is upbeat so it keeps the juices flowing. Overall its good but the genres just dont align with mine.
7/11

Overall mix was a solid 9/11.
Please ban me from these mix things. Ain't my forte but always as tempting as the last.
Best,
Fetch
  • Thanks 1

Here's the playlist for @Zfetch's review.

Glad you liked it for the most part.  I've been wanting to do a tandem China Crisis/Steely Dan-ish back to back in a playlist for a while, and this time it just seemed to work for the times.  It was only a few minutes in that I realized that "China crisis" was more appropriate than I planned.

The whole point of my list was to start high, bring things down a bit, and then jump back up to strong positive vibes.  I could listen to the James Brown/Zep/Aerosmith mashup every day before work.  Just hard not to get jazzed up with that one.

Overall it was more positive than I was feeling, but that's ok... a little optimism is a good thing :)

• Cheers 1