The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #12

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #12  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #12 Canuck of All-Time?

• M. Ohlund
    • A. Burrows
    • R. Brodeur
    • R. Kesler
    • T. Tanti
    • J. Lumme
    • D. Lever
    • B. Morrison
    • K. Bieksa
    • H. Snepsts

This poll is closed to new votes

Todd Bertuzzi is the first player outside of our top 10 with a pretty solid victory. Snepsts took the nominations by storm with 10 of them last round and was added as a voting option to the poll.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

• Vintage 1

Voting for Selke winner and 41-goal scorer Ryan Kesler, Canuck for 10 years. Nominating Andre Boudrias once again.

Interesting to note that the top 11 players are still the same as on my list--just with a slightly different order.

• Cheers 1

Vote Ohlund (again) nominate Boudrias- its time.  

Also as an aside from last thread for Biestra -  Used Game 7 LA/TO conference final WG greatest moment because that's what he himself considers his best game ever.   As far as a single moment goes its hard not to think his pass to Mario wasn't one of them - but he had so many GWG and points and goals and assists he makes hyperbole seem low key.   Have an old VHS tape called Gretzky's 50 greatest goals from around 93-94.    All 50 were jaw droppers - my absolute favourite - and one of the best ever- was late in the third down a goal - taking a face -off all the team lined up infront of the net - he snaps it off the draw top corner far side through a few bodies and beats the goalie.  Its a nothing moment for him, one of many - if one of our players did that we'd still be talking about it though.  BTW, Broduer is in the record books as the goalie WG scored against more then no other so absolutely get what your saying about the qaulity of competition we faced (McLean joins later off a pass from - McSorely ha ha).  CAL managed to claw their way into direct competition with them over the years and had some very very good teams in the 80's too, the few times they slipped they were right there to pick up and go to the final/cup, we didn't have it easy back then...Broduer kept it from being worse then it could have been for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Vote Ohlund (again) nominate Boudrias- its time.  

Also as an aside from last thread for Biestra -  Used Game 7 LA/TO conference final WG greatest moment because that's what he himself considers his best game ever.   As far as a single moment goes its hard not to think his pass to Mario wasn't one of them - but he had so many GWG and points and goals and assists he makes hyperbole seem low key.   Have an old VHS tape called Gretzky's 50 greatest goals from around 93-94.    All 50 were jaw droppers - my absolute favourite - and one of the best ever- was late in the third down a goal - taking a face -off all the team lined up infront of the net - he snaps it off the draw top corner far side through a few bodies and beats the goalie.  Its a nothing moment for him, one of many - if one of our players did that we'd still be talking about it though.  BTW, Broduer is in the record books as the goalie WG scored against more then no other so absolutely get what your saying about the qaulity of competition we faced (McLean joins later off a pass from - McSorely ha ha).  CAL managed to claw their way into direct competition with them over the years and had some very very good teams in the 80's too, the few times they slipped they were right there to pick up and go to the final/cup, we didn't have it easy back then...Broduer kept it from being worse then it could have been for sure. 

Yeah it's kind of a shame these threads keep getting closed as the discussion gets interesting.  As to the 1980s Calgary Flames, I said earlier that MacInnis / Suter / Reinhart / McCrimmon / Ramage / Nattress could be the best six-man corps ever assembled, and I completely forgot to mention Jamie Macoun who was ahead of Nattress on the depth chart.  That has to be hands down the best top 7 ever.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Yeah it's kind of a shame these threads keep getting closed as the discussion gets interesting.  As to the 1980s Calgary Flames, I said earlier that MacInnis / Suter / Reinhart / McCrimmon / Ramage / Nattress could be the best six-man corps ever assembled, and I completely forgot to mention Jamie Macoun who was ahead of Nattress on the depth chart.  That has to be hands down the best top 7 ever.

I close the threads to keep it clean, but I do hope that conversations will still continue as the series goes on.

25 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Don't necessarily disagree but the Canadiens group of Robinson, LaPointe, Savard, LaPerriere,, Bouchard and Van Boxmeer was no slouch.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Don't necessarily disagree but the Canadiens group of Robinson, LaPointe, Savard, LaPerriere,, Bouchard and Van Boxmeer was no slouch.

Very true.  I brought up the exact same guys not too long ago, urging someone to cool his jets when he said we had dynasty level talent throughout our lineup already.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1