The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Poker Club - All players welcome! Free to play/free entry

Dazzle

What time Saturday guys?  I can set it up (since I have NOTHING but time on my hands these days).

Also..do you want rebuys?  I kind of like it without them...out means out.  People play a little looser if they know they can get back in.  Also, the time factors in as games go longer.  

Let me know what you think.  

Also:  I'm cracking open the bottle of wine I bought weeks ago so am an easy mark.  "5-8 offsuit?  Has potenshull".

• Haha 2

Deb's Saturday Night Poker Snack Recipe 

People love munching on nachos but they're super messy, some get all the toppings while others are bare and they go soggy and stick together.  I have a remedy for that.

Get a large oven or microwave proof dish/bowl (needs some surface area).  You can either nuke this dip or do it in the oven.

Dump some salsa in the bottom....a good half-one inch or so.  Put good dabs of sour cream on next (I use no fat plain greek yogurt).  Spread it gently with a spoon or leave in blobs (as I do).  Then some (no - LOTS OF!) grated cheese on top.

Put in the oven or microwave until cheese is bubbling/melted.

Finish with any toppings of your liking:  I use some homemade guac* & chopped green onions.  Can also put chopped olives (ew), cut up cherry tomatoes, etc.  Wing it.

Looks beautiful until it becomes a swirling mess of glop after a few dips.  But it tastes fantastic.

Let cool for a minute so you don't burn your tongue off as I have done - then happy chip dipping.  Tortillas straight out of the bag/bowl...still crispy and every single one has tasty dip.

You're welcome.

My easy guac:  mashed avocado; minced garlic (wee bit or it's too strong); fresh lime juice; cumin; s & p; chopped cilantro (wee bit for a burst of freshness).

Takes less time to prepare than reading/interpreting a Trump tweet...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Are people down for Saturday night?    

I’m in. What time?

5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

What time Saturday guys?  I can set it up (since I have NOTHING but time on my hands these days).

Also..do you want rebuys?  I kind of like it without them...out means out.  People play a little looser if they know they can get back in.  Also, the time factors in as games go longer.  

Let me know what you think.  

Also:  I'm cracking open the bottle of wine I bought weeks ago so am an easy mark.  "5-8 offsuit?  Has potenshull".

Personally I think no re-buys is the way to go. More strategy involved that way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I got my Desktop setup again just so I could play some Poker with you fine folks. Haven’t had to turn on my desktop in a while! PokerStars will run on MS-DOS right? :P

Floppy disk...10-4 good buddy/over.

(So glad you'll be joining us!!!!  Good news!)

• Like 1