The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I really enjoy the fact that the Canucks have that familiar voice or voices to do the home games.

When I hear someone else it seems like they are the enemy, and never really like the Canucks.

As far as JOHN AND JOHN go they are a bit of homies toward the team but when comparing them to other announcers they are great.

some guys talk like there is only one team on the ice and if you listen to say Boston, B. Marchand never does anything wrong.

Having that home announcer is very important for all Canuck games whether it's Hockey Night In Canada or Sportsnet.

When they bring John Hughson in to do a Leafs AT Canucks game it feels so wrong to me.

We are lucky to have a couple of decent guys doing our games,they seem to do FAIR broadcasts of the games.

1 hour ago, DADDYROCK said:

I really enjoy the fact that the Canucks have that familiar voice or voices to do the home games.

When I hear someone else it seems like they are the enemy, and never really like the Canucks.

As far as JOHN AND JOHN go they are a bit of homies toward the team but when comparing them to other announcers they are great.

some guys talk like there is only one team on the ice and if you listen to say Boston, B. Marchand never does anything wrong.

Having that home announcer is very important for all Canuck games whether it's Hockey Night In Canada or Sportsnet.

When they bring John Hughson in to do a Leafs AT Canucks game it feels so wrong to me.

We are lucky to have a couple of decent guys doing our games,they seem to do FAIR broadcasts of the games.

Excellent points...thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, DADDYROCK said:

Hughson is a bit different than he used to be, but he was the commentator of the Canucks on Sportsnet for many years, so he's probably about as close to a home caster as you're gonna get without actually going with our home commentators.

John and John are really fun to listen to. John Shorthouse is one of the most underrated commentators in the league. I really like how he is very knowledgeable and it is always aware of things that happen on the ice such as who left then bench, who just got back etc. Shorty is also very good at describing the play, as back then when he still called games on the radio, I could see picture the situation in my head when Shorthouse was calling the games. Not a lot of radio guys can do that. John Garrett is just very funny and a big Canucks/goalie homer. I also enjoy him bringing up stories from his playing days and how the league is now compare to the days when he played. I also like how when they disagree with one another on a play/situation, they would argue like people normally would if they watch a game with their buddy. Listen to John and John is like listening to 2 friends watching and enjoying the game together. Murph is a perfect rink side reporter and he develops good relationships with the players e.g. Kevin Bieksa. I also enjoyed his articles on sportsnet when he publishes them. The trio make the Canucks games more fun. I actually don't like when the game is a HNIC game and we don't have the trio broadcasting.