The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petey Career Sim

Rate this topic

stawns

I find that modern NHL games always underestimate offense. I think it assumes offense is akin to the early 2010s, but in reality, there's a lot more scoring now.

EDIT: Okay despite this, Peter did pretty decent, the Canucks are champs, and Horvat is both a 1st line left winger and a 4th line centre.

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I find that modern NHL games always underestimate offense. I think it assumes offense is akin to the early 2010s, but in reality, there's a lot more scoring now.

even still, there's only a cpl 100 point players per season.  I thought the numbers were pretty realistic

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

even still, there's only a cpl 100 point players per season.  I thought the numbers were pretty realistic

Yeah, in my edit I clarify a bit. My experience is that it usually tops out at maybe one guy over 50 goals and 2 or three players over 100 with the highest guy being maybe something like 106. Last year had six 100+ point guys (eight on pace for 100+) with two on pace for 120+. This year has nine players on pace for 100+ points and two guys again on pace for 120+ points.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah, in my edit I clarify a bit. My experience is that it usually tops out at maybe one guy over 50 goals and 2 or three players over 100 with the highest guy being maybe something like 106. Last year had six 100+ point guys (eight on pace for 100+) with two on pace for 120+. This year has nine players on pace for 100+ points and two guys again on pace for 120+ points.

I was just glad to see a cpl of Cups.  The Canucks were pretty strong through most of Petey's career and he stayed prety healthy.

Seems like the Sharks won every second year though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I watched this simulation and might do it again.  1700 plus points in 1500ish games....two cups.   How many points did he score as a 35-38 year old again?  Wayne Gretzky would be proud.  Wow.  In 15 years we can do the best Canucks all-time and add a few the top five.  Q Hughes and Brock Boeser - and of course EP takes the number one spot.  Also what the heck is going on with Radulov playing until hes in his late forties ha ha.  OK that is an exaggeration - but he would also get top 20 all-time consideration after his four or five years playing the left side on EP's wing in his late thirties (what did he get again one year? 89 points as a 38-41 year old ha ha ha.  Love that we make the playoffs a lot of years in a row - and that we win a presidents trophy one of them and of course also win two cups.  Doesn't do first and second team all-stars but I would imagine EP takes home five or six of those too based on the points he gets.  Finishes his career top ten in scoring ( all-time)...and his best year he gets the WG of sweeps...Art Ross, Lindsay (Pearson), Lady Byng...and one year he wins the Selke so imagine he is probably a getting lots of votes for that other years as well.  Pretty much might as well call him the best canuck in history right now.  Even if he manages 75% of this he would be too.  WOW.  Post Sedin era is looking really, really good.  AND for all the FIRE GREEN crowd - he wins the Adams a few years from now ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Q Hughes also wins the Norris one year - almost 90 points.  Brock Boeser must have over 1000 points too when he retires.  F&*k you to all those trade him for Dumba, or "a solid second line D" threads.  Trade him for Zucker - like WTF?   I 100% absolutely agree with this simulation.   Circle the entire next 16 years on my calender right now....

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 4/1/2020 at 10:54 PM, stawns said:

looked like Petey, Boes and Hughes began and ended their careers with Van.

Not sure about BB....Horvat does get traded though so for those who are already thinking about making some trade proposals fire away...

On 4/1/2020 at 10:34 PM, stawns said:

IF EP scores 1300 points I would be over the moon..  Over 1700 has not happened often...simulation has him in the top ten all-time.  Sure McDavid can do this but have some pretty big doubts EP will..  Do however think he will be a PPG player over his entire career.   Think 1100-1200 is doable - and even that is going to depend on his durability.  IF he can add some man strength and confidence - more of his first three months (Crosby-esque numbers) will start coming out.   That said Mckinnon took some time - and also think EP will need the same.  At some point have little doubt he will be a regular top ten scorer in the league - and when he peaks (3-5 years) he will be getting a lot of votes for the Hart trophy.    He is already beating the Sedins at the same age - if he follows the same curve (its the word of the month right - ha ha ) then its all but assured he will retire with some Canuck records.  Ten goals his first ten games.  Thats the EP we need to win a cup.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

IF EP scores 1300 points I would be over the moon..  Over 1700 has not happened often...simulation has him in the top ten all-time.  Sure McDavid can do this but have some pretty big doubts EP will..  Do however think he will be a PPG player over his entire career.   Think 1100-1200 is doable - and even that is going to depend on his durability.  IF he can add some man strength and confidence - more of his first three months (Crosby-esque numbers) will start coming out.   That said Mckinnon took some time - and also think EP will need the same.  At some point have little doubt he will be a regular top ten scorer in the league - and when he peaks (3-5 years) he will be getting a lot of votes for the Hart trophy.    He is already beating the Sedins at the same age - if he follows the same curve (its the word of the month right - ha ha ) then its all but assured he will retire with some Canuck records.  Ten goals his first ten games.  Thats the EP we need to win a cup.

I've watched quite a few of the sims and this one was one of the most successful.  Sure it's a sim, but it made me feel good and it's all we've got at the moment.

I actually don't think Petey is going to be the generational player we'd hoped he'd be, but I could see him hitting 1000 points if he can stay healthy

• Like 1