The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Lombardy

Rate this topic

Zfetch

2 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I disagree, if the conversion mechanics keep the number of scum what it would be or even less and he literally added nothing else I would say that is pretty vanilla with a twist as it doesn’t change the numbers. It’s probably not the case but I think more likely than a cult but not as likely as it being the least active player gets GKed or meaningless.

But that is all I will say on the subject as it doesn’t change anything in reality for the town because we are looking for scum now and will be later as well no matter the setup.

MR is scum.

No, it would change things substantially because it would mean our initial reads on players are essentially null - if there is conversions. That's a pretty radical departure from how mafia is played.

2 minutes ago, Ceres said:

No, it would change things substantially because it would mean our initial reads on players are essentially null - if there is conversions. That's a pretty radical departure from how mafia is played.

Just like where there was no MKs?

Just now, Aladeen said:

Just like where there was no MKs?

Lol. I forgot he did that. Did he call that game vanilla though?

I would also still argue that having no MKs is much more aligned to the fundamental principles of mafia than having conversions. 

4 hours ago, Ceres said:

Very classic.

I'm pretty sure you last played in what was basically the stone age equivalent of CDC Mafia. Things have changed. I don't see the mafia doing those "classic" things you're talking about anymore than a villager would.

One doesn’t forget the classics

You guys are a pretty good mafia team though. I’ll give you that. Too much talking though off the bat though. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

One doesn’t forget the classics

You guys are a pretty good mafia team though. I’ll give you that. Too much talking though off the bat though. 

Are you gonna talk like this all game? Because it will grow tiresome. 

If you're a villager then you clearly can't read things as well as you project and will need to re-evaluate things. I'd suggest starting from the perspective that over the years players on this site have grown adept at avoiding "classical mafia-tells"; almost to the point where the players looking the least scummy, or the cleanest, are good bets for mafia (among more experienced players, of course).

I'm a big talker, btw. It's much to the detriment of my mafia game because I can never post as fervently as I do when I'm town.

MR and Ceres are suspicious to me. Ceres is acting very confrontational this round, whether about reads or game mechanics. I think it's frustration from early votes and suspicion on him. I don't like his and MR's interactions with Aladeen. 

13 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Aladeen,

Go on then - you haven't actually given a case on why I'm scum. Enlighten the class.

MR :unsure: