The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] NJ/Van Severson for Virtanen

21 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. 

However, I'm not okay with moving Jake. He's finally becoming a player every team would want on their side, and I believe he's only going to get better. I'd hate to throw that away. Looking forward to the day when Podkolzin arrives. The best solution is to keep Jake and put him on the left side. 

On a side note, I find it extremely discouraging that there are some posters on here who are severely bent on getting rid of Jake and Juolevi. I"d keep them both. 

I'm not looking at it as a throw away at all, I'm looking at it as quality for quality. We've got F depth, we desperately need more quality defence. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not looking at it as a throw away at all, I'm looking at it as quality for quality. We've got F depth, we desperately need more quality defence. 

Sure. But I would see what we have with the up and comers first. 

33 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

for sure. I have pretty high hopes for Rathbone, hope the kid signs soon. 

Yeah, exactly. Juolevi, Rathbone, Rafferty, possibly Tryamkin, Woo. It's not likely we're going to challenge for the Cup within the next two years anyway, so why not take it easy instead of getting trapped with Cap issues and/or sacrificing assets before we see what we have? (sure hope Toffoli re-signs)

Jake Virtanen + Oli Juolevi + Kole Lind

for

Jesperi Kotkaneimi  + Josh Brooks + Jesse Ylonen

OK, this trade is Subject on 2 things

#1. Jack Rathbone signing

#2. Tyler Toffoli signing

Our RW's are Toffoli, Boeser, Podkolzin, and MacEwen

I think this makes us a more rounded team with prospects in all positions...…….

Jake Virtanen = Josh Brook

Oli Juolevi = Jesperi Kotkaneimi

Kole Lind > Jessi Ylonen

15 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Jake Virtanen + Oli Juolevi + Kole Lind

for

Jesperi Kotkaneimi  + Josh Brooks + Jesse Ylonen

OK, this trade is Subject on 2 things

#1. Jack Rathbone signing

#2. Tyler Toffoli signing

Our RW's are Toffoli, Boeser, Podkolzin, and MacEwen

I think this makes us a more rounded team with prospects in all positions...…….

Jake Virtanen = Josh Brook

Oli Juolevi = Jesperi Kotkaneimi

Kole Lind > Jessi Ylonen

Montreal doesn’t consider that for a moment.  Kotkaniemi is worth way more than an injury plagued Juolevi 

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

How do you not?

At this point I don’t see how Virtanen is worth more than Kotkaniemi.  The rest of the pieces are debatable since they’re all pretty much question marks.

Kotkaniemi is still only 19 and is only 2 years removed from being 3rd overall.  His first season in the league he was the youngest player in the league and he performed far better than Virtanen did in his first couple years. He was injured this year so his development took a hit, but put up a point a game in the AHL when they sent him down to get more minutes. He’s also capable of playing C or wing. Which makes him more valuable. I won’t convince you, but I can’t see a reason why Montreal gives up on him for an older, more expensive, injury prone, less versatile winger.  

Don’t get me wrong, Virtanen’s speed would fit nicely in Montreal. But not at the cost of Kotkaniemi