The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #19

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #19  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #19 Canuck of All-Time?

• J. Lumme
    • B. Morrison
    • K. Bieksa
    • S. Salo
    • A. Boudrias
    • E. Jovanovski
    • D. Lever
    • D. Lidster
    • D. Kearns
    • P. Sundstrom

This poll is closed to new votes

The race for #18 was pretty much a two-horse race between Mogilny and Lumme, but Mogilny edged him out by four votes. At just over 30% to win the vote, this was one of the most even polls we've had yet. 

The nominations were very much also a two-horse race, but interestingly, Tanev wasn't one of them (he tied for first last round in nominations, but lost to Jovanovski). Both Ronning and Sundstrom received seven nominations. The random number generator this time favoured Sundstrom, so he was added as a voting option in the poll.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

#12 - M. Ohlund

#13 - R. Brodeur

#14 - A. Burrows

#15 - R. Kesler

#16 - H. Snepsts

#17 - T. Tanti

#18 - A. Mogilny

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Not gonna lie, I cheered a bit when the random number generator favoured Sundstrom.

Continuing to vote for Morrison--I expect it to take a few more times until he finally gets in.

Nominating Cliff Ronning--I expect he should get in this time.

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Voted Boudrias

Nominating Skriko

2 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Nice.

I'm actually surprised he hasn't had more nominations. He's my next choice after Ronning.

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm actually surprised he hasn't had more nominations. He's my next choice after Ronning.

I usually look up the all-times games played list and the all-time points list to get inspiration.  I was a little surprised myself that he was the one that stuck out.  Heh, guess it's from nominating Sundstrom for so long.  FTR it was between him, Ronning, and Adams

Edited by Wilbur

Voted: Boudrais

Nominate: Greg Adams(x3)

I'm now going to have to do more research... And I'm old too!  I guess between just plain forgetting (I'm sure weed has something to do with that) and not being a full time fan before 89'.... I'm going to have to go back to the archives!  I guess we have the time lol!

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Like 1