The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Home

nux4lyfe

Port Townsend, WA.  It’s cute there and simple, and I like beaches, parks, and nature.  And if I wanted to take the ferry to Victoria, I could take the bus to Port Angeles, and then take the ferry.  Plus there are many wineries on the Olympic Peninsula. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Bali and the surrounding islands in Indonesia.

I'd work in the monkey forest training monkeys all night and then I'd go find a fit Sheila to mate with by the crisp blue waters at night, perhaps sharing a Bintang or two and swimming in our villa late at night. Ready for a shag when the water dries off.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

I've only ever lived on the west coast, spent most on my life on the Island. I love it here, feel blessed to have been born here and to still call it my home.

Of the places I've traveled, I'd love to live in Santa Theresa or Ma Pais, Costa Rica... Dominical would be pretty okay too.

I could handle Hanalei too, even if it's technically in the USA. Hawaii isnt like mainland 'murica at all.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

This would have been more fun to speculate on when I was younger.  Now, I'm just focusing on where I will retire.

I always wanted to live at Cultus Lake... lots of amazing memories there, and I will forever love that place.  However, after moving to the US, I can't imagine moving back "home" to BC.  While it has been a great change for me, I'm getting tired of living in California, and it looks like it's the life of a hobby farmer in Idaho for me.  Can't wait for the move!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Here, on the Van Isl coast. 

Love my property. I feel blessed daily. 

Still working our way there but that's the plan for us as well (post pandemic). Cow Valley area with its Mediterranean micro climate and multitudes of natural activities, hiking, biking, rivers, lakes, beaches etc.

Also have a soft spot for Hawaii and Italy (non pandemic version).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Here, on the Van Isl coast. 

Love my property. I feel blessed daily. 

Yep. My travels with a band in the 80's took me pretty much everywhere in Western Canada and I always said that if money was no object, I'd live somewhere in the Parksville - Qualicum area.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yep. My travels with a band in the 80's took me pretty much everywhere in Western Canada and I always said that if money was no object, I'd live somewhere in the Parksville - Qualicum area.

Agreed, Parksville, Qualicum are almost as pretty as Nanoose. ;)

Those 3 places make up District 69. We always got a kick out of that numeric identifier as kids.

• Cheers 1

On 4/10/2020 at 10:45 AM, luckylager said:

I've only ever lived on the west coast, spent most on my life on the Island. I love it here, feel blessed to have been born here and to still call it my home.

Of the places I've traveled, I'd love to live in Santa Theresa or Ma Pais, Costa Rica... Dominical would be pretty okay too.

I could handle Hanalei too, even if it's technically in the USA. Hawaii isnt like mainland 'murica at all.

Aside from a few months in Hogtown, I too have always been on the coast.  Going to Idaho will be a little weird for us, in that respect.  Will definitely miss the ocean.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Agreed, Parksville, Qualicum are almost as pretty as Nanoose. ;)

Those 3 places make up District 69. We always got a kick out of that numeric identifier as kids.

we anchored in nanoose bay when i was in the navy. remembered we rowed ashore and sat on the beach there. maybe 1961.

On 4/9/2020 at 11:20 PM, nux4lyfe said:

Money aside.

If there was any place in this whole wide world that you would love to call home for the rest of your life, Where would it be? And have you actually been there?

I could live temporarily in New York City, Paris, Montreal and Seattle but home will always be Vancouver.