The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #36

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #36  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #36 Canuck of All-Time?

• D. Rota
    • D. Babych
    • G. Odjick
    • C. Tanev
    • J. Hansen
    • G. Butcher
    • D. Ververgaert
    • C. Fraser
    • K. McCarthy
    • G. Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

Barry Pederson- GP 233 - PTS 197

Bobby. Schmauntz- GP 285 - PTS 212

Curt Frazer   GP 348-- PTS 205 --- So tough

Kevin McCarthy --- Real good D man for many years should be in top 40 for sure...Guessing GP 385 -- PTS 195

Dave Babych ? He is still not voted in...

These guys I just mentioned are all much better then Dave Williams.......

Edited by wildcam

Here are a few names that were much better then Dave Tiger Williams?

Berry Pederson GP 233 - PTS 197

Bobby Schmautz GP 225 - PTS 197

Rick Blight GP 324 - PTS 221

Curt Fraser - GP 348 - PTS 204

Kevin McCarthy - Very good D man for many years..Guessing his totals?? GP 379 -- PTS 195  

Dave Babych -- still don't think he is in yet? 

These are players that should be a head of Williams...

• -AJ- locked and unlocked this topic
9 hours ago, wildcam said:

Here are a few names that were much better then Dave Tiger Williams?

Berry Pederson GP 233 - PTS 197

Bobby Schmautz GP 225 - PTS 197

Rick Blight GP 324 - PTS 221

Curt Fraser - GP 348 - PTS 204

Kevin McCarthy - Very good D man for many years..Guessing his totals?? GP 379 -- PTS 195  

Dave Babych -- still don't think he is in yet? 

These are players that should be a head of Williams...

Did Tiger Williams steal your girlfriend or something?

Anyway, the guys you listed are all great players.  I think I have them all in my top 60 or better.

But several of these guys are in the 50-60 range.

Suggesting they were "much better" than Tiger Williams, and especially in a poll about "Greatest Canuck" - well, it's a little like looking at the all-time point scoring list in the NHL and saying Tony Amonte (900 points) and Jason Arnott (938 points) were all greater or much better players than Trevor Linden (867 points).

On top of which, Tiger Williams has every single player you named except for Schmautz beat when it comes to career NHL goals.  That's not even beginning to look at his NHL record for career penalty minutes.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Someone break the tie!

These two are both worthy of the next two spots...roll the randomometer AJ - don't have any problems which way they go in - two of the most popular Canucks all-time especially from that era...

• Vintage 1

Top 50 Canucks is a good post :)

When is someone starting Best15 GM list,  taking into accounts low draft picks, trades etc ?

Rating best  trades ?

Reading a interesting article of Quinn in 1987 trading for Mclean, Adams, Ronning, Courtnall, Momesso, Lumme, Drafting Bure in 1989.In 1990 have the 2nd,17,and  23 o/a draft picks held in Vancouver and taking Nedved. Antoski, Sleger and Gino (5th round) Imagine having the 1987 guys, while adding Bure, and adding Jagr. Tkachuk at the 1990 Draft and keeping Gino

50 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Top 50 Canucks is a good post :)

When is someone starting Best15 GM list,  taking into accounts low draft picks, trades etc ?

Rating best  trades ?

Reading a interesting article of Quinn in 1987 trading for Mclean, Adams, Ronning, Courtnall, Momesso, Lumme, Drafting Bure in 1989.In 1990 have the 2nd,17,and  23 o/a draft picks held in Vancouver and taking Nedved. Antoski, Sleger and Gino (5th round) Imagine having the 1987 guys, while adding Bure, and adding Jagr. Tkachuk at the 1990 Draft and keeping Gino

Or we could have had Jagr, Martin Brodeur and Doug Weight.

Basically set for goalie post-McLean until 2015 or whenever.

Then Sergei Zubov in the 4th round instead of...Darin Bader.

And what the heck, why not Robert Lang in the 6th instead of...Daryl Filipek.

And Peter Bondra in the 8th instead of...Paul O'Hagan.

We literally could have had a dynasty for 10 years just from what we passed over in the 1990 draft.

• Thanks 1

He's a lifer, over 500 games, played on the 2011 team, has only had one negative plus minus season this past decade (I know, advanced stats blah blah blah, but do you remember the makeup of those teams that were iced in the last decade?), has taken more pucks to his body, more sticks to his chops, more body slams into the end glass, probably endured more visits to the dentist's chair and the physio room than any other Canuck in history and will likely never be given his proper due because of his proclivity to be injured. And all he has done, each and every time, is come back for more and, to the best of my knowledge, has never complained publicly about anything.

How Chris Tanev can only be 5th or 6th in the current vote is beyond me (obviously). Nothing against any of those players receiving the vast majority of the votes at present, but what am I missing? Seriously? I have witnessed some strange injustices viewing this poll from day to day (heartfelt thank you for the diversion!) and have let those slide because I understand the emotional mechanics at work when CDCers cast their ballots and realize that determining popularity is a totally subjective thing. I just don't get it.

But that's probably just me.

• -AJ- locked this topic