Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Joel Ward announces retirement

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

I remember how good he was for Nashville in the 2011 series against us. He was a heck of a hockey player. Happy retirement Joel!

Yup, I remember that too.  Kesler really saved us in that series.  

I'm really hoping that we find playoff performers amongst our young players.  Podkolzin really stepped it up in the playoffs in the KHL this year, so it's looking good there.  

 

I have no idea what to expect from Hoglander, Lind, Gaudette, and MacEwen when it comes to the postseason.  Gaudette does strike me as the type that would raise his game.  Really excited to find out! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yup, I remember that too.  Kesler really saved us in that series.  

I'm really hoping that we find playoff performers amongst our young players.  Podkolzin really stepped it up in the playoffs in the KHL this year, so it's looking good there.  

 

I have no idea what to expect from Hoglander, Lind, Gaudette, and MacEwen when it comes to the postseason.  Gaudette does strike me as the type that would raise his game.  Really excited to find out! 

Pettersson will be a playoff player too. I also think Bo Horvat will be a playoff beast in the post season.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing all these players I grew up watching retire definitely sheds a tear. I remember he scored almost all of Nashville's goals against us in 2011 lol. Also he was a really good player that no one really talked about, he was always underrated. Fantastic career in the NHL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yup, I remember that too.  Kesler really saved us in that series.  

I'm really hoping that we find playoff performers amongst our young players.  Podkolzin really stepped it up in the playoffs in the KHL this year, so it's looking good there.  

 

I have no idea what to expect from Hoglander, Lind, Gaudette, and MacEwen when it comes to the postseason.  Gaudette does strike me as the type that would raise his game.  Really excited to find out! 

 

7 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Pettersson will be a playoff player too. I also think Bo Horvat will be a playoff beast in the post season.

 

2 hours ago, BabychStache said:

I can see Virtanen being highly effective too. He scores clutch goals and will elevate his physical game.

JB talks a lot about character in the players he drafts. Character guys expect of themselves first, sacrifice for their team and find ways to step up and and push their play to another level when games matter the most.

I'm really excited to see what kind of damage our youngins can inflict in the playoffs as they learn what it's going to take to go all the way. 

 

I really hope we get to see them take their first steps playoffs this year. A guy I'm really curious to see play post season is Motte. He goes at 110% all season long, he's gonna be a demon come playoff time. So much so I bet he'll more than double his regular season ppg. 

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, luckylager said:

 

 

JB talks a lot about character in the players he drafts. Character guys expect of themselves first, sacrifice for their team and find ways to step up and and push their play to another level when games matter the most.

I'm really excited to see what kind of damage our youngins can inflict in the playoffs as they learn what it's going to take to go all the way. 

 

I really hope we get to see them take their first steps playoffs this year. A guy I'm really curious to see play post season is Motte. He goes at 110% all season long, he's gonna be a demon come playoff time. So much so I bet he'll more than double his regular season ppg. 

I can totally see Motte score a double OT game winning playoff goal by just going to the net and hard and put home what you would call a "garbage goal" to win a big game for us.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...