The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Capitals: Brendan Leipsic's Instagram messages are 'unacceptable and offensive'

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I feel that you’re making an anti-Semitic assumption based upon his last name only and I’m personally offended by it.

https://thehockeywriters.com/brendan-leipsic-named-jewish-athlete-year/ 

Do i need to spell it for you?

Nobody on here is using his back ground as a reason to go after him.

You're the one getting all butt hurt bringing up his religion, report yourself.

Edited by GhostsOf1994
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I feel that you’re making an anti-Semitic assumption based upon his last name only and I’m personally offended by it.

https://thehockeywriters.com/brendan-leipsic-named-jewish-athlete-year/ 

This isn't exactly general knowledge though. People aren't generally after him because of his background. People are after him because a private conversation with statements that are generally frowned on was leaked.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, The Lock said:

This isn't exactly general knowledge though. People aren't generally after him because of his background. People are after him because a private conversation with statements that are generally frowned on was leaked.

Guys... he is trolling us.  When you realize defending Leipsic is like asking for self-harm, but you're too embarrassed to admit your failure, so you resort to trolling.

@everyone Just ignore him, folks.

Edited by Bob.Loblaw
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Guys... he is trolling us.  When you realize defending Leipsic is like asking for self-harm, but you're too embarrassed to admit your failure, so you resort to trolling.

I will only be responding to him in GIF format from now on.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You're the one who brought religion into this.

EKQyxEJU8AAoTr8.jpg

There’s people saying some things that could be seen as a bias against him and seen as an attack against people of my heritage. I see this response that you’ve posted as defending that attitude towards my personal heritage which is completely unacceptable. 

I don’t mind people calling his actions names and talking about the situation but when people start personally attack him to the manner that I’ve seen in this thread, I can’t think that there’s a deep seeded bias.

• Wat 1

4 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

@everyone Just ignore him, folks.

I’m definitely not defending his actions. What he said is deplorable and awful. What I’m saying is that people calling him racist and trash and slinging personal insults at him and those defending the people doing that should be ashamed. That is all. It is okay to discuss the incident but please don’t condone the personal attacks.

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 2

6 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I’m definitely not defending his actions. What he said is deplorable and awful. What I’m saying is that people calling him racist and trash and slinging personal insults at him and those defending the people doing that should be ashamed. That is all. It is okay to discuss the incident but please don’t condone the personal attacks.

Maybe read the below statement you made earlier. It says something very different than what you just said. I'm not harping on you or anything. I'm just pointing it out. What you just said is not what you said. Either that or you thought something and said something completely different.

53 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I think some of the criticism in this thread from posters comes from some of their sick dislike or prejudice of his personal heritage.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThaManbeast said:

The difference here was that there was no intend for the people in question to know about this conversation. Body shaming somebody directly to their face in order to shame them personally is totally gross. I feel as though everybody has said some nasty stuff about their coworkers behind their backs. I'm not saying having a group chat in which you bash women's appearances (whom are incredibly beautiful BTW) is a good thing by any means, but if everyone who is condemning this so harshly looked into the mirror and remembered some of the nasty things they have thought or said about others in the past, maybe they wouldn't be judging somebody so harshly. Judge yourself before judging others I believe is the saying. Leipsic's conversations with his buddies isn't my business. However, in today's age, I can't see a way a player like Leipsic remains in the NHL. What happens when this comes out about a star player? How will he be made to pay for his sins.

Star players don't pay for anything in any sport.  McDavid has value to the entire NHL and to the global sport of hockey.  Think of what happened to Tiger Woods.  He is totally okay.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Maybe read the below statement you made earlier. It says something very different than what you just said. I'm not harping on you or anything. I'm just pointing it out. It's not what you said.

Yes they both allude to the fact that calling him a loser and a racist from one incident is highly anti-Semitic. And I just hope that the people that have this bias NEVER display it with Quinn Hughes either. I though that ideology went away in 1945 :( but I guess not.  My Bubbe would be weeping in her grave if she heard this. :sadno:

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 3

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yes they both allude to the fact that calling him a loser and a racist from one incident is highly anti-Semitic. And I just hope that the people that have this bias NEVER display it with Quinn Hughes either. I though that ideology went away in 1945 :( but I guess not.  My Bubbe would be weeping in her grave if she heard this. :sadno:

Maybe you didn't mean it, but your wording from earlier sounded more like you thought people were criticizing him because of his religion, which people likely wouldn't know and probably don't care about here.

That's all I'm saying. I'll go no further though.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Personal attacks?  You can't contact him on social media.

He is a deplorable sexist.  It's hard to discuss this debacle without most people leaving with this conclusion.  He made it VERY easy for everyone to judge him.

If you are being serious about this... it just feels like a very weird hill for you to die on.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

People who are calling him racist are highly unlikely to be anti-Semitic.  I know it's hard, but use some common sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

People who are calling him racist are highly unlikely to be anti-Semitic.  I know it's hard, but use some common sense.

I don’t understand why you’re sticking up for them? Perhaps if your Bubbe has gone through what mine did 80 or so years ago, you’d understand how wrong that is :( 

• Wat 1

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I don’t understand why you’re sticking up for them? Perhaps if your Bubbe has gone through what mine did 80 or so years ago, you’d understand how wrong that is :( 

Because he said some completely unnecessary and appalling things about his teammates and former teammates wives and is getting what he deserves for it?

42 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

You don't think my grandmother would have liked to have seen her family after leaving germany at age 9 to "Spend the summer in Canada"

I'd like to see your family name, see if they have any tattoos that were recorded back in Germany and Poland.

Edited by GhostsOf1994
Recorded