Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calls for Charges after Video of Fatal Shooting of Black Man in Georgia


Angry Goose
 Share

Recommended Posts

"We thought he was a local robber"

 

Well then call the god damn cops and let them deal with it. Don't grab your guns and go after the guy, even if your a former police officer, you know that is just going to end badly and stupidly.

 

My god how bloody stupid are some americans......  Hope this father/son duo gets whatever the max sentence is, what they did was inexcusable. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

They followed him and confronted him with guns... because they thought he was a robbery suspect... There is nothing that says self defense here from their own words.

Exactly. Imo they will be charged and it should be first degree murder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Exactly. Imo they will be charged and it should be first degree murder. 

"Should be" and what will actually happen unfortunately are two different things.  I'd be surprised if they get "convicted" of anything worse than a Misdemeanor.  They'll just get "fired" (for purely PR reasons) and end up transfering to another city/police department.  Makes the job of most of the *truly professional police force* alot harder as they get tarnished with the same brush.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"Should be" and what will actually happen unfortunately are two different things.  I'd be surprised if they get "convicted" of anything worse than a Misdemeanor.  They'll just get "fired" (for purely PR reasons) and end up transfering to another city/police department.  Makes the job of most of the *truly professional police force* alot harder as they get tarnished with the same brush.

My understanding is that the father is a former cop. The son isn't one at all.....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

They chased him.

They stalked him.

Multiple vehicles.

Multiple arms drawn

Recorded it

Murdered him.

Were literally released hours later.

 

When people cry about a left vs right divide and then make fun of a guy for kneeling on a ball field, this is what they miss.  This is why he knelt, this is where the real divide is.  You have dozens if not hundreds of armed caucasians storming a state capital with arms drawn and the police say just do it peacefully.  But you have an african american jogger stalked and murdered and the assailants go free and are called "alleged suspects" while it is on video for everyone to see.

 

America deserves everything that is happening to it.  From covid to trump to the upcoming civil war

Lucky us, we get to live upstairs.  They're going to bleed all over us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

None of the three men involved in this murder are cops; one used to be an investigator for the local DA but that's it. These three private citizens decided they didn't like how Aubrey looked, hunted him down and murdered him. They should all spend the rest of their lives in prison and the fact that they're free now is a testament to how easy it is for a white man to murder a black person and get away with it in the states. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

None of the three men involved in this murder are cops; one used to be an investigator for the local DA but that's it. These three private citizens decided they didn't like how Aubrey looked, hunted him down and murdered him. They should all spend the rest of their lives in prison and the fact that they're free now is a testament to how easy it is for a white man to murder a black person and get away with it in the states. 

In their defense it’s Georgia that we are talking about, things are little slower down there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"Should be" and what will actually happen unfortunately are two different things.  I'd be surprised if they get "convicted" of anything worse than a Misdemeanor.  They'll just get "fired" (for purely PR reasons) and end up transfering to another city/police department.  Makes the job of most of the *truly professional police force* alot harder as they get tarnished with the same brush.

 

 

Imo it will be shocking if they aren't at least charged with second degree murder. 

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My understanding is that the father is a former cop. The son isn't one at all.....

That's totally irrelevant.

There is no self defense here.

They went out and targeted him.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Imo it will be shocking if they aren't at least charged with second degree murder. 

That's totally irrelevant.

There is no self defense here.

They went out and targeted him.

 

I agree about 2nd degree murder.  1st degree murder involves a degree of premeditation that could be hard to prove here.  2nd degree, I would assume, should be open and shut.  Punishment doesn't need to vary much between 1st and 2nd degree murder.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I dunno it seems in Florida you can say you feel intimidated as a reason to blast someone. 

Florida is bad but Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia are Deep South.

Although things like this could happen in any other state.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...