The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The COVID-19 Cup (Poll)

Rate this topic

Are you in favour of the current proposed 24 team playoff format?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Minnesota than Colorado, who came up with that stupid format ? What about divisional games?

158D9200-2F67-4317-804A-FA5ECDE30FEC.jpeg

Depending on how the bye teams do it could end up being St Louis.

I dunno about you but I think we match better against Colorado if we got there.

Crack open a beer, Start up the barbecue , and drop the puck. Lets RuMMBLe.

healthy outa shape players. Be interesting seeing who’s on the Canucks Starting Lineup and which Utica players are there for depth.

Healthy Ferland do you play this guy or is he done? His brain can’t handle game speed anymore, would he be aggressive and body check? Will Loui E make starting lineup with healthy full team? 

Just want hockey back.....and god damn it let the Canucks play a Saturday game wearing the Black Skate Jersey.

Go Canucks Go.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

Crack open a beer, Start up the barbecue , and drop the puck. Lets RuMMBLe.

healthy outa shape players. Be interesting seeing who’s on the Canucks Starting Lineup and which Utica players are there for depth.

Healthy Ferland do you play this guy or is he done? His brain can’t handle game speed anymore, would he be aggressive and body check? Will Loui E make starting lineup with healthy full team? 

Just want hockey back.....and god damn it let the Canucks play a Saturday game wearing the Black Skate Jersey.

Go Canucks Go.

Can’t see any way Eriksson is in the lineup with everyone healthy.

Miller Pettersson Toffoli

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen

Sutter Beagle Motte

MacEwan

Ferland?

Leivo?

Eriksson

He’s behind MacEwan on the depth chart now, and potentially Ferland and Leivo depending on their health at the time.

Love the depth though!

• Cheers 1

I can honestly see a team like chicago and/or arizona upsetting the oilers and/or preds.

Hypothetically, let's say Chicago, Arizona, Vancouver, WPG win the play-ins. Would Vancouver still play the #2 seed? One would think that it would go Chi (12) vs (1); Ari (11) vs (2); WPG (9) vs (3); Van (7) vs (4)

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I can honestly see a team like chicago and/or arizona upsetting the oilers and/or preds.

Hypothetically, let's say Chicago, Arizona, Vancouver, WPG win the play-ins. Would Vancouver still play the #2 seed? One would think that it would go Chi (12) vs (1); Ari (11) vs (2); WPG (9) vs (3); Van (7) vs (4)

That’s what some of the debate was with those conference calls. More than a couple GMs were fighting for reseeding after the play in round but I guess they agreed to go with this format.

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Can’t see any way Eriksson is in the lineup with everyone healthy.

Miller Pettersson Toffoli

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen

Sutter Beagle Motte

MacEwan

Ferland?

Leivo?

Eriksson

He’s behind MacEwan on the depth chart now, and potentially Ferland and Leivo depending on their health at the time.

Love the depth though!

If Ferland is healthy I'd slot him in over Roussel.

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Rangers and Islanders get a head start?

to me, its not whether they can do this fairly for the teams and players, its whether it is right.

With 1/2 the world and 4/5 of the United States clamouring to get back to "The OLD Normal"

Is the NHL helping the defeat of Corvid 19 by opening, or is it helping to prolong the pandemic?

I chose to quote this because NY was hit hard, and now they are the first to allow sports teams to practice.

Have they come out the other side of the 'curve'? Or are they just ingoring it because they want to get back to the "OLD normal'?

There are countries with no reported cases, of course they don't test, or report. Does this help?

Other than satifying their own greed and a few fans desire for distraction. does the resumtion of sport make a the corona situation better or worse?

5 hours ago, peaches5 said:

The Raymond tangled up was purely accidental. 

Uhhh no. Boychuck shoved May Ray into the boards while he was off balance. You better believe if a Canuck would have done that there would’ve been a five-minute major plus suspension for the injury.

1 hour ago, The Big D said:

Uhhh no. Boychuck shoved May Ray into the boards while he was off balance. You better believe if a Canuck would have done that there would’ve been a five-minute major plus suspension for the injury.

No, it wouldn't have. It didn't look like a bad hit at all. It didn't look like something a player would be injured on. It was just a fluke injury.

7 hours ago, The Big D said:

Been 10 years get over it

On 5/24/2020 at 10:17 PM, King Heffy said:

Sutherland, allowing the Bruins to break Raymond's back, the Rome BS...  That series simply wasn't on the level.

I agree partially on those two incidents. But you have to admit that we had no physical push back against them. The moment Marchand did that to Daniel when they were kicking our ass on the scoreboard and nobody does anything for whatever reason was the moment we gave up on the series. We weren’t coming back after that. The Bruins new at that point that we had laid down. It’s honestly one of this franchises most embarrassing moments in my opinion. We had nothing to lose at that point and so much to gain. Instead of someone or all players on the ice rushing Marchand and beating his ass we did nothing....zilch. That’s the moment we lost the series in my opinion. We also scored like one or two power play goals the whole series. It wasn’t rigged.