The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Jersey Collection Thread

Rate this topic

Roberts

• 5 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 8:36 PM, Roberts said:

I found a Daniel Sedin 40th anniversary jersey on ebay (already fully customized) a few months ago, here's the twin jerseys together!

IMG_2323.thumb.jpg.0a8ecab5d3bc12672fef595ff844e8f5.jpg

IMG_2325.thumb.jpg.f844810454597d7a583c9115e24fa03e.jpg

I didn't expect this to become the 11th photo that comes up on google images when searching "Canucks 40th jersey"

:towel:

• Cheers 1

On 8/21/2021 at 3:49 AM, bb83 said:

hey hey canuckster86: apologies for the late reply as i dont often check the boards, sorry to leave ya hanging!

Is this legit!?

-yes, they're as of right now, 99% game worn, with 1% being authentics (no replicas)

That is an insane amount of jerseys,  there is a downpayment or a new car

-haha, it sure quite is. this is what happens when you only buy-to-keep, as ive never moved any of my canucks jerseys :/

im sure, its a downpayment, possibly even cash upfront for a nice condo in downtown 

any for sale!?

-sorry, i only buy to keep. when my times up, im sure to donate to the BC sports hall of fame, or HHOF

thanks again for the kind words, and hope youre staying safe out there! 

Wow, you are a super fan.  I just became a fan of yours.
This collection could probably be a whole gallery itself.

Donating it would be amazing.  Even to the Canucks and maybe they could line the concourses with all these amazing pieces.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Picked up a couple Victoria Royals jerseys at their garage sale yesterday!

Left jersey: Team issued home jersey, new with tags. The guy said this would have been used for practice, if the team needed another jersey they would have just put a nameplate on it. It's got fully embroidered patches, as it's what the players wear on the ice. Super happy because the team store has started to make the jerseys with thinner patch/logo materials, and I have always wanted a real jersey like the players wear.

Right jersey: Game worn "VR" jersey from 2015. This is probably my favorite jersey the Royals have ever worn! It was worn Tyler Thompson, who did not actually play in the game, but I imagine he took warmup with the team since this jersey was created. I never thought I'd ever own this jersey because of how many years it's been since they were used, but I found this in the pile of game worn jerseys in the team store during the garage sale. This was the only one they had left, and the guy said "you'll never see one of these for sale again, unless it's on display in a shadow box. Also I really like the WHL 50th anniversary patch, as well as the Royals "5 years strong" patch on the shoulders.

I picked up some bobbleheads, coasters, a Royals hat, and a Victoria Salmon Kings puck. They had a bunch of Victoria Salmon Kings game worn jerseys and some memorabilia as well. Great garage sale!

• Like 2

On 2/15/2022 at 7:21 AM, Alienhuggyflow said:

The wce unis have become my favorite after hating them when they were used. I actually think the 3rd is perfect and I'm not a big fan of gradients 

Feel the same way about the WCE. They are now my favorite colour scheme and the ones that for me best capture the province 

15 hours ago, Roberts said:

Picked up a couple Victoria Royals jerseys at their garage sale yesterday!

Left jersey: Team issued home jersey, new with tags. The guy said this would have been used for practice, if the team needed another jersey they would have just put a nameplate on it. It's got fully embroidered patches, as it's what the players wear on the ice. Super happy because the team store has started to make the jerseys with thinner patch/logo materials, and I have always wanted a real jersey like the players wear.

Right jersey: Game worn "VR" jersey from 2015. This is probably my favorite jersey the Royals have ever worn! It was worn Tyler Thompson, who did not actually play in the game, but I imagine he took warmup with the team since this jersey was created. I never thought I'd ever own this jersey because of how many years it's been since they were used, but I found this in the pile of game worn jerseys in the team store during the garage sale. This was the only one they had left, and the guy said "you'll never see one of these for sale again, unless it's on display in a shadow box. Also I really like the WHL 50th anniversary patch, as well as the Royals "5 years strong" patch on the shoulders.

I picked up some bobbleheads, coasters, a Royals hat, and a Victoria Salmon Kings puck. They had a bunch of Victoria Salmon Kings game worn jerseys and some memorabilia as well. Great garage sale!

Nice! How was the pricing? Reasonable?

4 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Nice! How was the pricing? Reasonable?

Not bad at all, the team issued blue jersey was only $120, which is somewhat the cost of regular jerseys in the team store anyways. The VR jersey was $250, which is nothing for a game used jersey, and especially for such a beloved jersey by the fanbase. Everything at the garage sale was priced fair, a lot of stuff was much cheaper than I have seen it sold for before. The hat I got is $30 on the team store online, but I got it for $15.

Edited by Roberts
  • Like 1

Home flying skate- Linden...... too big for me to wear was my Pops

Away skate- Odjick..... too small, was my Nanas... both are on display though

3rd red Original whale - Bertuzzi

Home 2011 Jersey with Stanley Cup patch - Linden, wanted his name on a Cup jersey... oops...

Home 18/19 Whale with VANCOUVER- Petey, I like this one because it shows it's a rookie jersey since it changed the next year

Home-whale- Boeser

Reverse Retro- Petey

Home (black) flying skate- Horvat

Most of my new ones are from Lids sales outside the Rookie Petey. Next might need to find a a Hughes jersey

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...