The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cannabis Growers Anonymous

luckylager

48 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

both i suppose, seeds more early next year i guess to start indoors? I prefer oil or edibles, been to 1 place on the reserve close to Vernon and that stuff was decent, almost out tho and need more by early next week

Gotcha. Wish I could help you, but I dont really know the area.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

anyone used something similar to a stealth-box.com/product to do a small indoor grow. I like that it is an all in 1 setup and comes with everything you need to start your first batch. I am sure there are many other small setups like this, if anyone has any they recommend please post them in the thread!

On 11/8/2020 at 6:17 AM, Canuckster86 said:

anyone used something similar to a stealth-box.com/product to do a small indoor grow. I like that it is an all in 1 setup and comes with everything you need to start your first batch. I am sure there are many other small setups like this, if anyone has any they recommend please post them in the thread!

A couple of friends use Northern Lights Grow Box. By all accounts It's the best.

Now that almost everything is cured and has been smoked, it's time for strain reviews! 

Review #1 Purple Papaya - 

What this bud lacks in density and aroma is more than compensated for by it's beautiful fruity flavour, smooth/expansive tokes and heavy body stone. 

The eye test is pretty average, it looks like outdoor. The buds are chubby and glisten nicely with a lot of purple and blue managing to still be visible after a tight trim, but unfortunately the "green" looks a bit dirty and doesn't really pop when contrasted with the deep red hairs and blue and purple hues from the remaining sugar leaf.

Taking the scissors to it you'll find it's not the most dense nug ever but still very resinous even when obviously dry and fluffy. It also rolls nicely but here's where it get really great-

Smoking this strain is an absolute pleasure. Huge tokes that hit very smoothly then expand with that lung punch which lets you know you're about to get super &^@#ing high. Inhale..... pause... wait for it... boom. That expansion.

The high is guaranteed couch lock. It's a very lazy high - It's dreamy and provides a heavy body stone. The only thing that will convince you to actually move (if you didn't fall asleep) is the aggressive munchies attack you'll suffer once you come down a bit. And I'm not even close to kidding about the munchies attack, it's bad. You'll be eating pickles with peanut butter toast and apple juice but not even notice until it's over... then you're like "wtf, did I just eat?

*By no means should this ever be considered as a suitable afternoon smoke unless you have nothing to accomplish and feel like having a nap or staring at a wall for a while.

So, while visually it's not a sexy bud, smoking this strain is an absolute &^@#ing pleasure. And thats really what it's all about anyways.

It tastes great, smokes really nicely and packs a very heavy punch. 

This was an easy plant to grow after it recovered from being without light for 3 days as a seedling. Finished mid September and yielded 6oz of A grade buds, 2oz of B grade and not very much for crappy/airy bottom buds.

Smoke - 9/10. Grow appeal - 9/10

Overall - 9/10. Would grow again.

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 2

Review #2 : Cinderella ‐

I was given a clone in mid June, it was small and really didn't have much for root structure but I threw it down anyways. Heading into September I started battling powdery mildew which became such a burden I lost more than half of this plant by the time it was mature enough to harvest. That said, I'm very happy with the finished product.

First look at these buds is very appealing. Very bright glistening flowers with just enough red hair popping from a super compact almost emerald green which owns a very sweet/piney aroma.

Scissor test is impressive. Super tight buds with a bit of stick but tonnes of crystal surprise my rolling tray. These buds are definitely some of the tightest I've ever grown.

It's a nice smooth smoke. The stone has a classic sativa feel which is a bit odd coming from such a tight aromatic bud, but the high is really fun and playful; really activates your creative mind. The hits are smooth and forgiving, very light and breezy, just like the high.

This is a fantastic day weed. Awesome for feeling a happy and energized stone which allows you to stay focused and active yet still be super high. 

I wouldn't want to smoke it at night again, because when I did I found myself a little anxious and uncomfortable. I kept feeling like I had to go do something, couldn't relax and that's definitely not what I look for in the evenings.

Despite the fact I doubt I'll ever grow this strain again because it's just too much of a weakling when it comes to Island weather, I really love the high. It is super nice weed.

When the dust settled on the Cinderella I have just shy of 3oz of A grade. No B. No bottoms or trim. Mildew is a biotch.

Smoke - 9/10.  Grow appeal - 1/10

I love this weed, but wouldn't ever grow it again. The yield and maintenance just didn't make this strain worth it.

Overall 5/10

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1

Review #3 : Grapefruit Kush

These starts got hamstringed like my Purple Papaya because my light crapped out and I kind of ignored the seedlings for 3 days or so. I planted two which were obviously different phenos and I haven't smoke plant 2 yet but ill cover this one for now.

Plant 1 got huge. By the time I harvested the tops were 8.5ft high and I'd FIMed it in late June.

Eye test is real good. Picture perfect brightly coloured buds that glow under light. The mint green pops under the heavy frost and purple hues of the remaining sugar leaf. Buds are large but nice and tight. 

Cutting these buds a very dank and citric aroma abounds. It's not gummy but crystal clouds fly as you chop it down.

The smoke is a bit throaty but doesn't burn the lungs and has a wonderful grapefruity taste. Also very potent but not overly couchy.

Grapefruit is a perfect "House Weed". The stone is fine during the day and isn't intimidating, but it's very calming and thoughtful which lends itself nicely to evenings as well as not being too heavy/couchy for day smoke. It does give you the munchies and will nuke you if you load a few bongs and big hit it.

Just like most kush varieties it has broad appeal and is suitable for any time of day.

Growing was pretty easy except I ran into some issues with branch rot which required some nursing but the plant responded well to first aid and I didn't really suffer much in the way of losses. As I said, this plant got huge. 10oz of A grade, about the same of B grade which I didn't bother to trim because I want it for bubble hash.

Smoke - 8/10, Grow appeal - 6/10 because it finished too late for me and had the branch rot.

Overall 7.5/10.

*As far as outdoor kush strains go the best results and easiest grows were from Apricot Kush and Blue 'something' Kush, both from Ancestral Seed Co. 

I'd go back to those strains before growing this one again.

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, luckylager said:

I thought they deleted this thread!

Went looking for it a few weeks back, couldn't find it... but maybe I was too high! Lol

And now I can't remember why i was looking for the thread.

The irony isn't lost on me

I was going to Louie face upvote this as thats the face I make when i do the exact same thing!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I thought they deleted this thread!

Went looking for it a few weeks back, couldn't find it... but maybe I was too high! Lol

And now I can't remember why i was looking for the thread.

The irony isn't lost on me

Animated GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Bump

I'm 10-14 days from harvest.  Indoor growing isn't nearly as much fun as outdoor

Top to bottom

Amnesia CBD

Critical + 2.0

Blue Widow

PXL_20210110_203834592.jpg

PXL_20210110_203851563.jpg

PXL_20210110_203857487.jpg

Man you push em so deep into flower.. even when I grew indoors I never had the patience for a full bloom. Youre probably still flushing too. Impressive.

(I see a teeny bit of of nute burn on the widow. I've grown white widow outdoor, and they really don't like much food, nor do they want to be trained. Puzzling strain for me)