The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cannabis Growers Anonymous

luckylager

18 hours ago, luckylager said:

Man you push em so deep into flower.. even when I grew indoors I never had the patience for a full bloom. Youre probably still flushing too. Impressive.

(I see a teeny bit of of nute burn on the widow. I've grown white widow outdoor, and they really don't like much food, nor do they want to be trained. Puzzling strain for me)

they're only on day 42 in this pic, so even the earlier ones, like critical have a little way to go.  The amnesia has over 2 weeks probably.We are proactive about powdery mildew and give them a little milk spray every 2-3 weeks and that seems to have turned the flowers orange, which is why they probably look done...........the trichomes are still clear when you look through the loupe.

We haven't given them a whole lot of nutrients, a little dab every 4th water.  That said, this is our first time actually using bottled nutrients, so it's been a learning experience.

I'm not a big fan of indoor growing, to be honest, but there is a significant difference in the trichome production indoor vs out........these buds are coated

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting dialed in to the perpetual harvest indoor grow.

Tent #1 - fewer, but bigger plants focused on lst.  This first run in the tent is small as it's the plants that didn't make it as mothers.  It is ready for harvest on Wednesday.

Tent #2 is a sea of green style with a large number of small plants, harvesting colas

Then we have a nursery for cuttings, 15-20/round, under T5's.  We have one level for new cuttings and another for after they are rooted and vegging.

Theres about 4 weeks between tent harvests, approx a lb/tent/harvest (not the next harvest off tent one).  I much prefer outdoor but this has been an interesting learning experience.

PXL_20210123_231654403.jpg

PXL_20210123_221954188.jpg

PXL_20210124_010352219.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 months later...

Had to move, new landlady has a "no growing cannabis on the property" clause in our rental agreement.  So weak, considering it's perfectly legal.

So I quit my job and took a management position at a local licensed dispensary and I'm a kid in a candy store lol.

Looking forward to seeing what's growin on with you guys this year.  

• Cheers 1

On 1/24/2021 at 1:23 PM, stawns said:

Getting dialed in to the perpetual harvest indoor grow.

Tent #1 - fewer, but bigger plants focused on lst.  This first run in the tent is small as it's the plants that didn't make it as mothers.  It is ready for harvest on Wednesday.

Tent #2 is a sea of green style with a large number of small plants, harvesting colas

Then we have a nursery for cuttings, 15-20/round, under T5's.  We have one level for new cuttings and another for after they are rooted and vegging.

Theres about 4 weeks between tent harvests, approx a lb/tent/harvest (not the next harvest off tent one).  I much prefer outdoor but this has been an interesting learning experience.

PXL_20210123_231654403.jpg

PXL_20210123_221954188.jpg

PXL_20210124_010352219.jpg

Nice CBD heavy strains there Stawns

I started popping seeds with pretty lacklustre results a couple weeks ago.. so I've asked a few friends for clones and everything should be fine... but still.

I got fem LA Confidential x Afghan Kush from Sonoma seeds. I'd never bought from them, but I'm a sucker for Afghan, that stuff is easy peasy out here... Or usually is. 

4/5 popped, fine. 3 days later two sprout.

2 days later 1 dies.

Now

1 growing 

2 popped but no sprout

1 just died for no good reason

1 bad seed

I guess maybe the slow sprouts could still... but probably won't.

Not impressed sonoma, I've never had such poor results. 

7 hours ago, luckylager said:

I started popping seeds with pretty lacklustre results a couple weeks ago.. so I've asked a few friends for clones and everything should be fine... but still.

I got fem LA Confidential x Afghan Kush from Sonoma seeds. I'd never bought from them, but I'm a sucker for Afghan, that stuff is easy peasy out here... Or usually is. 

4/5 popped, fine. 3 days later two sprout.

2 days later 1 dies.

Now

1 growing 

2 popped but no sprout

1 just died for no good reason

1 bad seed

I guess maybe the slow sprouts could still... but probably won't.

Not impressed sonoma, I've never had such poor results. 

Not that I'm an expert of any sort but what's your method for germinating?

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Not that I'm an expert of any sort but what's your method for germinating?

I've tried a few different methods over the years but the wet paper towel roll is the way to go.

Leave em in paper towel until the tap root is a few mm, then into a peat + perlite starter mix.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

I've tried a few different methods over the years but the wet paper towel roll is the way to go.

Leave em in paper towel until the tap root is a few mm, then into a peat + perlite starter mix.

I just stick mine in soil in a solo cup.  I went 30/32, seeds from True North Seed Bank......mostly Canuk seeds, though a few from Barney's.

I've got 18 clones going right now as well and designated for 57 outside.......I'm going to build some hoop houses but just the frames and then build a light dep tarp system for each hoop house.  I'm going to flip my clones mid May-ish to get an early harvest.  No idea how it will go, but it'll be interesting to scale up and try new things.

PXL_20210404_220505139~2.jpg

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1

Paper towel is money for me too. I did try something a tick different this year and I'm 5 for 5. 

Put the paper towel in a ziploc bag. The towel never dries and stays warm due to a greenhouse effect. They popped super fast too. Like a day lol. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Paper towel is money for me too. I did try something a tick different this year and I'm 5 for 5. 

Put the paper towel in a ziploc bag. The towel never dries and stays warm due to a greenhouse effect. They popped super fast too. Like a day lol. 

Yup. I always thrown the roll in a tupperware and keep it somewhere warm.

Read an article a few days ago about a woman who pops her seeds in an instapot on the yogurt setting.. might try that if I decide to grab more seeds this year

27 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Read an article a few days ago about a woman who pops her seeds in an instapot on the yogurt setting.. might try that if I decide to grab more seeds this year

Genius lol

4 hours ago, luckylager said:

I read that too.  I think mom sent it to me because she knew I was starting our summer crop seeds

• 3 weeks later...

So the La Confidential x Afghan is a total bust. One weak ass little runt basically trying to stay alive. Bad seeds.

Couple days after my last post complaining about those I dropped by a friend's who had offered up some Blueberry x Time Warp seeds. They're doing the things seeds normally do for me, like growing into plants.

In fact they're all way bigger than the $&!#ty LAX runt already.

Got 3 seeds, 3 popped, all three nice n healthy but they're not femmed so... My brother popped Lemon Skunk x Cinderella99 and purebred Afghan. I'll fill out the legal quota with some of his plants and be set for the summer.

I should just toss the LAX, but I really really wanted to try it. Maybe it will miraculously take off...

• Vintage 1