The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cannabis Growers Anonymous

luckylager

On 4/28/2021 at 8:44 PM, luckylager said:

So the La Confidential x Afghan is a total bust. One weak ass little runt basically trying to stay alive. Bad seeds.

Couple days after my last post complaining about those I dropped by a friend's who had offered up some Blueberry x Time Warp seeds. They're doing the things seeds normally do for me, like growing into plants.

In fact they're all way bigger than the $&!#ty LAX runt already.

Got 3 seeds, 3 popped, all three nice n healthy but they're not femmed so... My brother popped Lemon Skunk x Cinderella99 and purebred Afghan. I'll fill out the legal quota with some of his plants and be set for the summer.

I should just toss the LAX, but I really really wanted to try it. Maybe it will miraculously take off...

I went through True North Seeds this year and of 34 seeds, 28 of them popped, but two of the seedlings aren't going to make it I think. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

I went through True North Seeds this year and of 34 seeds, 28 of them popped, but two of the seedlings aren't going to make it I think. 

I've had good experiences with Ancestral Seeds and Jordan of the Islands. I'll be going back to them for next year.

Good news tho, I managed to grab a few fem'd seedlings last weekend, couple classic strains I've grown before. Purebred Afghan and White Widow. Also got a Northernberry, which is Blueberry x Northern Lights, will be fun to compare to the Blue Warp from another friend. I've grown Blueberry, Time Warp and Northern Lights before, so the hybrids should be fun to grow next to eachother. Blueberry finishes a bit late for my liking but maybe the Warp and Lights genetics will speed it up a bit for me.

• Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I've had good experiences with Ancestral Seeds and Jordan of the Islands. I'll be going back to them for next year.

Good news tho, I managed to grab a few fem'd seedlings last weekend, couple classic strains I've grown before. Purebred Afghan and White Widow. Also got a Northernberry, which is Blueberry x Northern Lights, will be fun to compare to the Blue Warp from another friend. I've grown Blueberry, Time Warp and Northern Lights before, so the hybrids should be fun to grow next to eachother. Blueberry finishes a bit late for my liking but maybe the Warp and Lights genetics will speed it up a bit for me.

I've got

zkittlez

zkittles glue

obi wan

northern lights

blueberry

white widow

remo chemo 

blue widow

alien technology

UK Cheese

critical widow

I'll be setting up two light dep greenhouse here in the next cpl weeks and flipping some two month old cuttings I've got going, and then I'll flip my summer ones at the beginning of august so they finish outside this fall.  No more of this bringing them inside to finish crap anymore.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'll have to look those seed banks up.  It's hard to find a good reliable seed bank I find

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'll have to look those seed banks up.  It's hard to find a good reliable seed bank I find

Ancestral you'll have to get through Vancouver Seed Bank, but JOTI is independent, online ordering.

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

I've got

zkittlez

zkittles glue

obi wan

northern lights

blueberry

white widow

remo chemo 

blue widow

alien technology

UK Cheese

critical widow

I'll be setting up two light dep greenhouse here in the next cpl weeks and flipping some two month old cuttings I've got going, and then I'll flip my summer ones at the beginning of august so they finish outside this fall.  No more of this bringing them inside to finish crap anymore.

Damn, that's a nice spread!

This year I tried to get Early Maroc (by Philosopher Seeds) but couldn't find any available.  Instead I went for one of it's relatives, Purple Maroc  bought through Northern.  I got 4 seeds, but they threw in three bonus seeds.  All 7 popped fine and are growing strong.  Sharing them with a friend who also has Texada Timewarp.  I'll be growing one Timewarp and three Marocs.  I tried making clones in case any of my other friends wanted with mixed results.  I learned too late that I should have covered them with a clear bowl or similar to keep the moisture in.  Live and learn.

I'm hoping these two strains started early might be able to finish by the end of September.

• Cheers 1

On 5/10/2021 at 12:54 PM, RogersTowell said:

This year I tried to get Early Maroc (by Philosopher Seeds) but couldn't find any available.  Instead I went for one of it's relatives, Purple Maroc  bought through Northern.  I got 4 seeds, but they threw in three bonus seeds.  All 7 popped fine and are growing strong.  Sharing them with a friend who also has Texada Timewarp.  I'll be growing one Timewarp and three Marocs.  I tried making clones in case any of my other friends wanted with mixed results.  I learned too late that I should have covered them with a clear bowl or similar to keep the moisture in.  Live and learn.

I'm hoping these two strains started early might be able to finish by the end of September.

Heat mat and a clone/seedling dome are essential for cloning. 2 weeks in the dome and they should be ready to take the lid off and unplug the heat mat, but will usually like another week or so under lights indoor, before you move em outside.

Timewarp is usually ready end Sept/ early oct, never grown Maroc tho, so I have no idea. Some strains take &^@#ing forever to finish outdoor and just end up being a waste of time.

Did you get any strain info with your seed pack? If it says 8weeks flower you should be fine for early Oct... but if it's a 10week.. $&!# goes south in a hurry even in a greenhouse.

You can always do like stawns and force flower in early Aug if you set yourself up a nice little hoophouse.

Edit - starting early does not equal early finish. If anything it causes them to finish later if you planted directly in the ground because they get massive, but if you use a 50L tote/pot the roots will get bound and that can encourage flowering. Smaller pots can have a negative effect on the end result if you're not totally on the ball with feeding/flush timing.

Flowering is triggered by light cycles, typically. Well, there's a lot of grey area when we're talking about pure bred sativas and rutaralis hybrids, but pretty much everything on the market is triggered by shorter days, and not how long it's been in the ground.

Most sativas are from equatorial climates with pretty balanced 12/12 day/night and are $&!#ty to grow outdoor with the exception of Durban poison which finishes early no matter what, but imo isnt an awesome smoking strain unless you like really racey highs.

Edited by luckylager
  • Vintage 2

On 9/22/2020 at 9:20 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Weed gives this big man anxiety for some reason. Took a 100mg THC pill once because the 5mgs were nothing. Do not recommend. 

Me too.  I think I got way too high too many times and now I can't do smoke it.  I can handle edibles well but I rarely have them.  

On 11/15/2020 at 7:07 PM, JustRich said:

Doink

Doinks in amish

Our roster.........most of these are cuttings from our indoor strains over the winter.  A mix of THC and CBD.  About half of these will be flipped in light DEP in a few weeks, the rest will veg all summer. 

There are 10 CBD in there that are in various stages of bloom as well, they'll finish in the tent by mid june

Then we have 30 in solo cups from seed ready to transplant into 30-45 fall n smart pots that will veg all summer.  A big scale up for us, plus a good sized greenhouse that will be ready to go by late summer

PXL_20210515_205205253~2.jpg

PXL_20210515_205001913.PANO~2.jpg

Edited by stawns
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

My Marocs are coming along nicely in large pots (at least 50L).  55", 57" and 50" (the latter one was fimmed early on - not as tall but much bushier).  The two taller plants got transplanted into their final containers a couple of weeks ago, but I over fertilised the soil and am having a bit of nutrient burn.  On the plus side, the burn is mostly affecting the lower growth so they are naturally lollypopping.

The timewarp had a tough start.  The guy my friend got the clones from had basically just stuck them in a 7-11 drink cup and fertilised and watered them for a week.  It took weeks of babying to get it established so it's well behind the rest at abot 14".  The Marocs are about 6 weeks of growth ahead of last year's plants, which I suppose is good.  They might get too big to hoop for flipping but whatever happens, I'm sure it will be a fun adventure.  I'll try to post some pictures later in the week when the risk of spontaneous combustion has dropped when going outside.

• Cheers 1

Well the Northernberry started budding out of nowhere so I threw it under lights on an 18hr cycle and it did go back to veg, so I killed it. 

Afghan, Widow and BlueWarp all cruising along nicely. Fim'd last week. Gonna tie em down and scrog soon.

Edited by luckylager
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 5:55 PM, luckylager said:

Well the Northernberry started budding out of nowhere so I threw it under lights on an 18hr cycle and it did go back to veg, so I killed it. 

Afghan, Widow and BlueWarp all cruising along nicely. Fim'd last week. Gonna tie em down and scrog soon.

Check this bad boy out.  
I’ll never tie again.  
I have a bunch of these at different sizes. 
They give a great adjustable bend without strings all over. 
My friend makes them on a 3D printer.  

96718DB3-02B5-4104-B69F-15876D777163.jpeg

• Vintage 1

Started budding out of nowhere?   Indoor or outdoor?  
Possible it was an auto?

12 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Check this bad boy out.  
I’ll never tie again.  
I have a bunch of these at different sizes. 
They give a great adjustable bend without strings all over. 
My friend makes them on a 3D printer.  

96718DB3-02B5-4104-B69F-15876D777163.jpeg

That's ingenious! I want!

12 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Possible it was an auto?

Outdoor. Not auto.

Just a re.....ally special plant.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, luckylager said:

That's ingenious! I want!

Outdoor. Not auto.

Just a re.....ally special plant.

I was straight up blown away when I saw it.  
He will be selling them pretty soon.  
when he gets his stuff together, I’ll send you his link

• Cheers 1

On 7/4/2021 at 6:51 AM, drummerboy said:

Possible it was an auto?

Was looking through my pics and noticed this one... forgot I took one of the re..ally special one.

20210516_121129.jpg

• Haha 1

IMG_20210708_130844_BURST1.thumb.jpg.8d7e313279b13e0cb81e5c81b44f6c88.jpgI think my three marocs started budding out of nowhere as well.  I'm not sure what's going on but I'm just going to let them do whatever it is they've decided to do.

IMG_20210708_130846.jpg