The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cannabis Growers Anonymous

luckylager

2 hours ago, RogersTowell said:

IMG_20210708_130844_BURST1.thumb.jpg.8d7e313279b13e0cb81e5c81b44f6c88.jpgI think my three marocs started budding out of nowhere as well.  I'm not sure what's going on but I'm just going to let them do whatever it is they've decided to do.

IMG_20210708_130846.jpg

Nah man, yours are fine. I think maroc has some ruderalis in it and flowers early. The northern berry I posted a pic of was just special and flowered at 8" tall, in early may. Killed it off a couple weeks ago, dried the one bud for a whopping 4gr harvest trimmed and dried.

Lmao

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, gurn said:

Glad  to hear the little you got, is  good stuff. :)

I haven't even smoked it, and probably won't. It's a scraggly looking loser tbh, most likely get thrown in the bubble bag with some bottoms this fall.

• Upvote 1

I don't smoke myself, but is it fair to say BC has completely botched legalization? I know many of my friends don't buy from legal places because of price and quality issues, and the ones that aren't okay with continuing to buy illegally have taken up growing their own to try and deal with these issues.

42 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

I don't smoke myself, but is it fair to say BC has completely botched legalization? I know many of my friends don't buy from legal places because of price and quality issues, and the ones that aren't okay with continuing to buy illegally have taken up growing their own to try and deal with these issues.

yep.

3 hours ago, luckylager said:

Nah man, yours are fine. I think maroc has some ruderalis in it and flowers early. The northern berry I posted a pic of was just special and flowered at 8" tall, in early may. Killed it off a couple weeks ago, dried the one bud for a whopping 4gr harvest trimmed and dried.

Lmao

Thanks for the information.  All I know is what is on the various seed sites that state that purple maroc is a cross between maroc and purple power and state they are very early harvest outdoors.  The plants are about 60" right now.

2 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

Thanks for the information.  All I know is what is on the various seed sites that state that purple maroc is a cross between maroc and purple power and state they are very early harvest outdoors.  The plants are about 60" right now.

Nice. Looks like it could use a bit of pruning before it goes into flower.

4 hours ago, luckylager said:

Nice. Looks like it could use a bit of pruning before it goes into flower.

You are correct.  It's a bit dense right now and has a lot of lower and inner branches I should take down tomorrow.  I found one reference stating that they will start flowering mid-July - so not too far off the mark.  I guess this is why I got purple maroc this year anyway - I wanted to have a plant that would harvest earlier and not have the same problems with mildew and bud rot I had last year.  Looks like harvest time will be some time in the first week of September if things continue as expected weather wise.  I had been thinking they might flower late July if I were lucky =)

Edited by RogersTowell
add a sentence or two
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, RogersTowell said:

You are correct.  It's a bit dense right now and has a lot of lower and inner branches I should take down tomorrow.  I found one reference stating that they will start flowering mid-July - so not too far off the mark.  I guess this is why I got purple maroc this year anyway - I wanted to have a plant that would harvest earlier and not have the same problems with mildew and bud rot I had last year.  Looks like harvest time will be some time in the first week of September if things continue as expected weather wise.  I had been thinking they might flower late July if I were lucky =)

Yeah bud rot is a bitch. Afghan usually finishes mid-late sept, it's an easy one but doesn't like getting wet. 

I'm hoping this Blueberry x Warp finishes more like time warp, which is usually mid sept, but white widow is always in October. I've found it's pretty mold resistant in the past tho.

Gave all mine another hair cut today.

20210708_123705.thumb.jpg.417888fc744302264db8dcd7bd4452d8.jpg

Afghan and Widow ^

BlueWarp 

20210708_123720.thumb.jpg.8b91e2806a112507bd7287106c76fb86.jpg

Gonna tie em down this weekend and feed the living $&!# out of em for a few weeks.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2021 at 6:12 PM, luckylager said:

Gonna tie em down this weekend and feed the living $&!# out of em for a few weeks.

You really give 'em buzz cuts!  It would freak me out taking that much off the top, I'd be worried they didn't have enough leaves left to power the growth engine.

41 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

You really give 'em buzz cuts!  It would freak me out taking that much off the top, I'd be worried they didn't have enough leaves left to power the growth engine.

I didn't take much off the top, but they were FIM'd a little over a week ago so it may appear as if they were lopped. 

I was a little aggressive with my pruning this time but I didn't cut anything I wouldn't be pruning before flower anyways. I basically kept the top 3 junctions on each branch and pruned the rest. It's just gonna make the next prune less significant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 9:03 PM, luckylager said:

I didn't take much off the top, but they were FIM'd a little over a week ago so it may appear as if they were lopped. 

I was a little aggressive with my pruning this time but I didn't cut anything I wouldn't be pruning before flower anyways. I basically kept the top 3 junctions on each branch and pruned the rest. It's just gonna make the next prune less significant.

I'm pretty conservative on my pruning.  Next year I might get more aggressive with a plant or two to see how it goes.  Things are coming along fine with the marocs and my timewarp started stretching and showing signs of flowering about a week ago.  Timelines are looking good.  I read up a bit more on the purple maroc and you are correct, it's about 2% ruderalis and about 50/50 mix of sativa and indica (minus the 2%).  One of them grows very differently from what I'm used to and branched pretty much on it's own after being fimmed into a sea of green with dozens of colas racing to the light.  The new growth on it stays very bright green for a couple weeks before darkening up.  The leaves and growth patterns on all of my marocs are very much sativa ifluenced while the timewarp is very strongly indica.

Such an enjoyable hobby.  When my phone starts behaving again I'll post a photo or two.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, RogersTowell said:

I'm pretty conservative on my pruning.  Next year I might get more aggressive with a plant or two to see how it goes.  Things are coming along fine with the marocs and my timewarp started stretching and showing signs of flowering about a week ago.  Timelines are looking good.  I read up a bit more on the purple maroc and you are correct, it's about 2% ruderalis and about 50/50 mix of sativa and indica (minus the 2%).  One of them grows very differently from what I'm used to and branched pretty much on it's own after being fimmed into a sea of green with dozens of colas racing to the light.  The new growth on it stays very bright green for a couple weeks before darkening up.  The leaves and growth patterns on all of my marocs are very much sativa ifluenced while the timewarp is very strongly indica.

Such an enjoyable hobby.  When my phone starts behaving again I'll post a photo or two.

I know a couple dudes who don't prune at all, and others who completely defoliate.

I just whisper to them and they tell me how much to cut in any given year.. lol.

Only thing I really try to avoid is pruning during flower. They don't seem to heal very well once the veg cycle shuts down and open wounds tend to attract mold and infection in the late summer / fall.

I've been persona non-grata in this thread this season.  We have scaled way up with our designated grower allowable amount and it's been a massive amount of work.  Good thing I am off for the summer because it's a full time job in itself.

we are running 54 plants this summer, 45 in 30 gal smart pots, 4 in 50 gal smart pots and 5 in 65 gal smart pots.  We have wire cages around the pots and are pulling the branches through the holes to spread them out.  We defoliate heavily and lollipop.  Our crop consists of........

Remo chemo

Blue Widow

White Widow

Critical Widow

Critical Plus 2.0

Obi Wan Kush

Zkittlez

Zkittlez Glue

Alien Technology

Amnesia Haze CBD

Northern Lights

we have some small greenhouse frames, off amazon, and black and white poly light dep tarp and we will be flipping about 20 of the biggest ones starting sometime next week.  We will put 20 of them in another amazon cheapy GH to finish outside (no light dep) and the rest will finish in our nice, higher end Greenhouse.  It's been a lot of work, a lot of investment, but it feels great and the plants are all looking great and growing well.  We feed them twice a week with Holland Secret nutrients and once a week they get a worm castings brewed tea.  The other days they get a light water.  The only issue we're having is getting the Blue Widow dialed in..........it's got some issues, but it hasn't affected it's growth, just some fan leaf issues.  We've been trouble shooting it all summer, with limited succes.. We're just going to ride it out and take it out of circulation after this crop.  Pics coming in the next post

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

The longer things move along the more I'm happy with Purple Maroc as my choice to grow this year.  It looks like we might be done by the end of August and should avoid the mouldy months, which was the goal going in to this year.  Even the timewarp is going to be ready by mid-September if all continues to go well.  We'll have to see how it all finishes but so far I'm very happy with it.  No worrying about powdery mildew or bud rot.

5 hours ago, RogersTowell said:

The longer things move along the more I'm happy with Purple Maroc as my choice to grow this year.  It looks like we might be done by the end of August and should avoid the mouldy months, which was the goal going in to this year.  Even the timewarp is going to be ready by mid-September if all continues to go well.  We'll have to see how it all finishes but so far I'm very happy with it.  No worrying about powdery mildew or bud rot.

How are they finishing so early?  Did you light DEP them?  Autos?