Sign in to follow this  
captaincowbasher

[Discussion] BLOCKBUSTER!

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

So the trade winds are blowing and the RD that JB might covet is Buffalo's Rasmus Ristolainen; 6'4"/220lbs, 25 years old, that averages 225 hits and 35 points. He skates very well and could become the perfect fit with Q. Hughes and upgrade on Tanev. We would need to give them something from our lineup that we will miss, but I do have a solution to this. Buffalo also has a player that JB covets almost more than any other player in the NHL, and that is Sam Reinhart; Vancouver boy, 24 years old, 6'1"/ 200lbs, 55-65 point per season and played Junior with Bo Horvat, and would be a perfect fit with Bo. So here's the deal I propose;

 

Boeser- really sad to see him go, but he and Eichel would tear the East up.

Stecher- Quality character guy, and fits well as the second RD on that team. Will fit well with B.Montour.

Demko- Would probably be earmarked as their future starter and best goalie prospect.

 

To Buffalo for;

 

Sam Reinhart.

Rasmus Ristolainen

 

JB hopefully signs T. Toffoli 5 years @ 5.25 mil/ season and our top 2 lines are set. With young studs like Hoglander and Poldkolzin pushing for Pearson's spot this will be a super competitive team for the next decade.

A guy like B. Rafferty looks ready to slide in and take Stechers role as a 2nd pairing position, and this is a huge upgrade, as far as speed and skill. Also, it gives Edler an opportunity to become hyper focused on being that super stud in his own end. This gives T. Myers the role of grooming OJ on the 3rd pair, and I believe that they actually will become over the year the true 2nd D pair.

 

Line up;

Miller- Petersson- Toffoli

Pearson- Horvat- Reinhart

Hoglander- Gaudette- Virtanen

Motte- Beagle- Sutter

 

Hughes- Ristolainen

Edler- Rafferty

OJ- Myers

 

Flame away... 

 

Seems like a doable deal, may have to add a 2nd though

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, that’s not horrible I’d actually consider it. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

So the trade winds are blowing and the RD that JB might covet is Buffalo's Rasmus Ristolainen; 6'4"/220lbs, 25 years old, that averages 225 hits and 35 points. He skates very well and could become the perfect fit with Q. Hughes and upgrade on Tanev. We would need to give them something from our lineup that we will miss, but I do have a solution to this. Buffalo also has a player that JB covets almost more than any other player in the NHL, and that is Sam Reinhart; Vancouver boy, 24 years old, 6'1"/ 200lbs, 55-65 point per season and played Junior with Bo Horvat, and would be a perfect fit with Bo. So here's the deal I propose;

 

Boeser- really sad to see him go, but he and Eichel would tear the East up.

Stecher- Quality character guy, and fits well as the second RD on that team. Will fit well with B.Montour.

Demko- Would probably be earmarked as their future starter and best goalie prospect.

 

To Buffalo for;

 

Sam Reinhart.

Rasmus Ristolainen

 

JB hopefully signs T. Toffoli 5 years @ 5.25 mil/ season and our top 2 lines are set. With young studs like Hoglander and Poldkolzin pushing for Pearson's spot this will be a super competitive team for the next decade.

A guy like B. Rafferty looks ready to slide in and take Stechers role as a 2nd pairing position, and this is a huge upgrade, as far as speed and skill. Also, it gives Edler an opportunity to become hyper focused on being that super stud in his own end. This gives T. Myers the role of grooming OJ on the 3rd pair, and I believe that they actually will become over the year the true 2nd D pair.

 

Line up;

Miller- Petersson- Toffoli

Pearson- Horvat- Reinhart

Hoglander- Gaudette- Virtanen

Motte- Beagle- Sutter

 

Hughes- Ristolainen

Edler- Rafferty

OJ- Myers

 

Flame away... 

 

Montour is an RD like Stecher I believe. Aside from Risto, they Colin Miller and Jokiharju who are also RD, so hard to say if Stecher cracks that defense even without Risto. Nevermind the fact that Stecher will be an RFA that we likely won't qualify, so they could potentially have him for free if we let him walk (which we might do especially if we are adding to the RD, whether through Risto or someone like Tryamkin).

 

It's been discussed in the past that it's unsure of their interest in Demko. They have Ullmark who's in a similar situation as Demko (if they acquire him, then they too will be forced to decide to expose one of the other) and the have Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen as their up and coming goalie.

 

For the return, I can't see us not moving someone like Boeser unfortunately. I'd rather pass on Reinhart (due for a raise) and just target Risto and hopefully be able to explore other options rather than moving Boeser if possible.

  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

So the trade winds are blowing and the RD that JB might covet is Buffalo's Rasmus Ristolainen; 6'4"/220lbs, 25 years old, that averages 225 hits and 35 points. He skates very well and could become the perfect fit with Q. Hughes and upgrade on Tanev. We would need to give them something from our lineup that we will miss, but I do have a solution to this. Buffalo also has a player that JB covets almost more than any other player in the NHL, and that is Sam Reinhart; Vancouver boy, 24 years old, 6'1"/ 200lbs, 55-65 point per season and played Junior with Bo Horvat, and would be a perfect fit with Bo. So here's the deal I propose;

 

Boeser- really sad to see him go, but he and Eichel would tear the East up.

Stecher- Quality character guy, and fits well as the second RD on that team. Will fit well with B.Montour.

Demko- Would probably be earmarked as their future starter and best goalie prospect.

 

To Buffalo for;

 

Sam Reinhart.

Rasmus Ristolainen

 

JB hopefully signs T. Toffoli 5 years @ 5.25 mil/ season and our top 2 lines are set. With young studs like Hoglander and Poldkolzin pushing for Pearson's spot this will be a super competitive team for the next decade.

A guy like B. Rafferty looks ready to slide in and take Stechers role as a 2nd pairing position, and this is a huge upgrade, as far as speed and skill. Also, it gives Edler an opportunity to become hyper focused on being that super stud in his own end. This gives T. Myers the role of grooming OJ on the 3rd pair, and I believe that they actually will become over the year the true 2nd D pair.

 

Line up;

Miller- Petersson- Toffoli

Pearson- Horvat- Reinhart

Hoglander- Gaudette- Virtanen

Motte- Beagle- Sutter

 

Hughes- Ristolainen

Edler- Rafferty

OJ- Myers

 

Flame away... 

 

We'd be losing A LOT of character in that deal.  Pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stecher is a UFA no? If so, he basically carries close to zero value in any trade.

 

Boeser + Demko for Risto + Reinhart.

 

Doesn't sound too bad valuewise for us. Buffalo might be tempted as they are getting an elite winger to play with Eichel. We might need to add?

 

Reinhart is essentially a winger if he comes over so he replaces Boeser on Horvat's wing. 

 

Ristolainen replaces Tanev. 

 

My only question is if this is going to work out in terms of the salary cap because the OP proposes to re-sign Toffoli as well.

 

I'm also slightly hesitant to break up the chemistry that's building between the current core players, which includes Boeser.

 

Almost any sports dynasty has players that developed together. What we got going with EP, Quinn, Boeser, Horvat, Gaudette, Virtanen may turn into one of those as they are joined by other prospects still in the pipeline (OJ, Lind, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Woo, etc).

 

I'd rather make trades to surround the young core with quality talent much like JT Miller and Tyler Toffoli trades rather than disrupt the current core by replacing it with two players and hope they gel.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bell said:

Why do people want to trade Brock.  The kid is a great player and his teammates seem to love him. If Pettersson has a bit of a slump are people going to want to trade him as well. 

-If sign TT we utilize the asset that was Madden, thereby creating more depth

-We have other nice RW's on the way..& BB is not too speedy(if that's the team they want)

-Will prob be hard to protect all key fwds(ED) anyways

-Prob still selling high, even if his value has dropped slightly(from ROY candidate)

 

...it's not easy, bc he's obviously a very likeable, quality character. Yet these are some possible aspects, & it's a reasonable consideration.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, khay said:

Stecher is a UFA no? If so, he basically carries close to zero value in any trade.

 

Boeser + Demko for Risto + Reinhart.

 

Doesn't sound too bad valuewise for us. Buffalo might be tempted as they are getting an elite winger to play with Eichel. We might need to add?

 

Reinhart is essentially a winger if he comes over so he replaces Boeser on Horvat's wing. 

 

Ristolainen replaces Tanev. 

 

My only question is if this is going to work out in terms of the salary cap because the OP proposes to re-sign Toffoli as well.

 

I'm also slightly hesitant to break up the chemistry that's building between the current core players, which includes Boeser.

 

Almost any sports dynasty has players that developed together. What we got going with EP, Quinn, Boeser, Horvat, Gaudette, Virtanen may turn into one of those as they are joined by other prospects still in the pipeline (OJ, Lind, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Woo, etc).

 

I'd rather make trades to surround the young core with quality talent much like JT Miller and Tyler Toffoli trades rather than disrupt the current core by replacing it with two players and hope they gel.

 

 

Stecher's an RFA

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, khay said:

Stecher is a UFA no? If so, he basically carries close to zero value in any trade.

 

Boeser + Demko for Risto + Reinhart.

 

Doesn't sound too bad value-wise for us. Buffalo might be tempted as they are getting an elite winger to play with Eichel. We might need to add?

 

Reinhart is essentially a winger if he comes over so he replaces Boeser on Horvat's wing. 

 

Ristolainen replaces Tanev. 

 

My only question is if this is going to work out in terms of the salary cap because the OP proposes to re-sign Toffoli as well.

 

I'm also slightly hesitant to break up the chemistry that's building between the current core players, which includes Boeser.

 

Almost any sports dynasty has players that developed together. What we got going with EP, Quinn, Boeser, Horvat, Gaudette, Virtanen may turn into one of those as they are joined by other prospects still in the pipeline (OJ, Lind, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Woo, etc).

 

I'd rather make trades to surround the young core with quality talent much like JT Miller and Tyler Toffoli trades rather than disrupt the current core by replacing it with two players and hope they gel.

Stecher's RFA so there's some value in his rights.

Regarding the chemistry part, as much as I'd hate to tear Brock out from the equation, Risto's probably a good option as an all-round right shot D-man with size, and those aren't easy to come by (beside Myers we also wouldn't have any locked up, and that's an area of weakness).  For the team to grow and probably take the next step I'd be willing to make this move given that we can get Toffoli locked up.  Even keeping Demko and trading Boeser for Risto looks like good value IMO though I wonder if SabresFan might think differently?  

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, captaincowbasher said:

S

 

 

just wondering what you would do with ferland and rooster still having years on there contract also louie not being in that line up either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bell said:

Why do people want to trade Brock.  The kid is a great player and his teammates seem to love him. If Pettersson has a bit of a slump are people going to want to trade him as well. 

he wasnt really even in a slump point wise lol, was just injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do t see Stetcher or Demko having much appeal for Buffalo.  Stetcher is a bottom 4 RFA who may not even be qualified (al la Hutton last year) and there’s no reason to believe Demko will be substantialy better than Ulmark right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I do t see Stetcher or Demko having much appeal for Buffalo.  Stetcher is a bottom 4 RFA who may not even be qualified (al la Hutton last year) and there’s no reason to believe Demko will be substantialy better than Ulmark right now. 

Demko is two years younger than Ullmark and was on pace to have better numbers than him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pears said:

Demko is two years younger than Ullmark and was on pace to have better numbers than him. 

I haven't looked at their numbers, but even if so, is that enough to trade away significant assets and not get a piece back they can really use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I haven't looked at their numbers, but even if so, is that enough to trade away significant assets and not get a piece back they can really use?

They’re pretty similar, and Demko has much more upside than Ullmark currently has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pears said:

Demko is two years younger than Ullmark and was on pace to have better numbers than him. 

How do you figure? 
Ullmark this season posted a 2.69 ga and .915 SV% in 34 games 

 

Demko this season 3.06 GA and .905 SV% in 27 games. 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

How do you figure? 
Ullmark this season posted a 2.69 ga and .915 SV% in 34 games 

 

Demko this season 3.06 GA and .905 SV% is 27 games. 

He had at least 10 games left before the season was cancelled who’s to say he couldn’t have at least matched those numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pears said:

He had at least 10 games left before the season was cancelled who’s to say he couldn’t have at least matched those numbers?

It’s not impossible. But to say he was on pace to have better numbers doesn’t really track.  Regardless. The point is that I doubt Buffalo sees Demko as a big upgrade on Ullmark, if at all.  That takes away a lot of value from the trade proposal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.