The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wolf: Wanderer above the Sea of Fog (Game On!)

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

So basically:

• SS and falcon were not among the more active players, so the mafia doesn't seem particularly concerned with silencing the town by killing the more active/vocal players.
  • They were, however, fairly consensus town reads, so that might be the angle that the mafia was going for.
  • SS was going after DM and FG more than anyone else, as far as Bob can tell (excluding FM who was flushed).
  • falcon's PoE was: FM, FG, Qwags, DM, and either Zfetch/MR

Maybe we flush FG and DM, hopefully knocking out scum and 3P killer?

this is probably a town post.

I'm wondering why I wasn't killed though. I also went after FG pretty hard. Maybe DM is the wolf and they left me alive because I was townrading DM?

I just checked and we have 8 players alive by my count, and the game hasn't ended yet, which it would if there were 4 or more mafia alive. So EP40 and luckylooger were almost certainly correct flushes and the scum team is probably decimated. So I'm going to put my tinfoil back in the drawer for now since I think there's a reasonable chance we'll win before f3.

3 hours ago, Intoewsables said:

And yes, the fact that those of us leading the town consensus reads have survived is a little concerning, to say the least.

Eh, SS and falcon were town consensus as well - falcon maybe a little less so, but not by much. I think the most reasonable explanation is that the scum were trying to avoid Kurisu and were also worried about a Doc save on Linguine, who was the obvious next target, so they went for SS next.

Although I guess SS is also a decent SK target. The SK is probably worried about too many scum dying and wants to shoot some townies, and SS was less likely to be double-targeted or doc saved than Linguine/Kurisu. This could apply to a target on Falcon too, though in truth I'm not sure it fully matters who killed who.

If one of Linguine/Kurisu/you/me doesn't die tonight, that's when we tinfoil. Until then we focus on the PoE.

I'm an idiot and forgot that we have confirmation a doctor or bulletproof style role exists because of the lack of kills that one night. kurisu redirects, he doesn't stop the kill (see otis), so it means that there's a doctor in the game, or someone is bulletproof. that is the occam's razor explanation for why sharpshooter was shot instead of me, SS is just as widely townread but her much lower thread presence means she's less likely to be the doctor target (esp with me begging for death at EoD)

Am I actually going to be the one to defend DM? :frantic:

FG - connections to Lucky are damning, and notably since we seemingly dropped the issue she's dropped from the thread

MH - blatantly playing dumb; like, even if he ends up being town, I think he's been purposely hamming it up

Zfetch - also blatantly playing dumb, and also playing alone, and for someone of his calibre I think this means he has strong 3P equity

Qwags - early on just sheeped others' reads, has since sort of existed in the background and followed our lead...tbh this may be the most damning evidence of all

DM - playing alone and sticking to his wacko pet theories, exactly like DM often does as town; in fact, I've seen him be a pretty good scum partner, e.g. he will purposely muck in and try to disrupt the town to save his teammates

He's my last choice to flush from those in the PoE.

is it weird that I'd honestly rather lose to intoews or kurisu or MR deepwolf, than win with DM/MH/zfetch as my fellow town? like... I almost don't want to tinfoil because giving a really well disguised wolf a well deserved win feels better to me than letting DM/MH/zfetch win by doing absolutely nothing

note: this will not stop me from tinfoiling to find wolf anyway so if intoews or MR is deepwolf you still haven't won yet. :P if kurisu is the wolf I've lost the game though

3 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Am I actually going to be the one to defend DM? :frantic:

FG - connections to Lucky are damning, and notably since we seemingly dropped the issue she's dropped from the thread

MH - blatantly playing dumb; like, even if he ends up being town, I think he's been purposely hamming it up

Zfetch - also blatantly playing dumb, and also playing alone, and for someone of his calibre I think this means he has strong 3P equity

Qwags - early on just sheeped others' reads, has since sort of existed in the background and followed our lead...tbh this may be the most damning evidence of all

DM - playing alone and sticking to his wacko pet theories, exactly like DM often does as town; in fact, I've seen him be a pretty good scum partner, e.g. he will purposely muck in and try to disrupt the town to save his teammates

He's my last choice to flush from those in the PoE.

i'd say "purposely mucking in and trying to disrupt the town" is exactly what DM is doing right now. 

also I think I'm convinced that FG isn't the lynch today simply because she's the only one in the PoE who I would be comfortable walking into an endgame into since she acts like an actual human being that I can play an endgame with and not a random number generator spitting out nonsensical votes. and if she is town she's also the one least likely to throw an endgame, compared to say MH or DM who is going to vote kurisu and let the mafia hammer for the win a large portion of the time, even if they are town.