The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wolf: Wanderer above the Sea of Fog (Game On!)

Rate this topic

Just now, Master Radishes said:

Sorry, do you want to continue to test me right now?

any day of the week. but it's okay, what with my troubled home life and all, right?

if you want to cause problem go make a thread for it. i'm trying to host a mafia game

Just now, hoggers said:

any day of the week. but it's okay, what with my troubled home life and all, right?

if you want to cause problem go make a thread for it. i'm trying to host a mafia game

I don't know your story, so don't get touchy. But it's good to have things out in the open. We can start with a clean, honest slate that way.

• Cheers 2

I’m good with hoggers. 

I’d rather not deal with 6’5 because unlike hoggers, I’ve yet to see him play a game here without doing something stupid, but think it’s the host call when it comes to letting players in their game. Just so we are clear though, whether TP or mafia, I’m gonna try and kill 6’5 if he plays in R1 if I have the power to do so.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The word lynch should be taken out of this game. especially in the current political context, it is way too volatile a word. I think canucks needs to take a strong stance against racism and prejudice. it is abhorrent to generalize an entire group of people by the actions of a few and even worse to discriminate against them and say that they're evil when the vast majority have never done anything wrong or even shown indications of wanting to do something wrong. To my mind racism, discrimination and prejudice are some of the worst things troubling the world today and so I will join this game only if the others in here can commit to taking a strong stance against such behavior. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
2 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I’m good with hoggers. 

I’d rather not deal with 6’5 because unlike hoggers, I’ve yet to see him play a game here without doing something stupid, but think it’s the host call when it comes to letting players in their game. Just so we are clear though, whether TP or mafia, I’m gonna try and kill 6’5 if he plays in R1 if I have the power to do so.

I can get behind a killing pact if we can agree on that as a community.

I'm more concerned about what message we're sending as a community if we let 6'5's play slide without consequence. Maybe it's just because I'm a Dad, but I'm a firm believer in fair consequences and follow through.

Without consequences it's impossible to set firm boundaries and establish a baseline for expected behavior. The kids will run all over you and their behaviour will continue to worsen if you're unable to establish those boundaries and enforce fair consequences for rule breaking.

The word lynch should be taken out of this game. especially in the current political context, it is way too volatile a word. I think canucks needs to take a strong stance against racism and prejudice. it is abhorrent to generalize an entire group of people by the actions of a few and even worse to discriminate against them and say that they're evil when the vast majority have never done anything wrong or even shown indications of wanting to do something wrong. To my mind racism, discrimination and prejudice are some of the worst things troubling the world today and so I will join this game only if the others in here can commit to taking a strong stance against such behavior. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Akemi Homura said:

31 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Who dafuq is this

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Akemi Homura said:

Sweet virtue signaling bro. You can rest easy now, you did your good deed of the day

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Akemi Homura said:

I'm good with ditching the L word.

I favour crucify as the replacement.

1 minute ago, Intoewsables said:

It's hoggers' game and he can let in whoever he wants. However, I'd rather not have my games derailed by obvious trolls, so Sixfoot won't be playing in any games I host in the future.

Very fair of you.

Will you commit to killing him N1 if you have the power to?

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I can get behind a killing pact if we can agree on that as a community.

I'm more concerned about what message we're sending as a community if we let 6'5's play slide without consequence. Maybe it's just because I'm a Dad, but I'm a firm believer in fair consequences and follow through.

Without consequences it's impossible to set firm boundaries and establish a baseline for expected behavior. The kids will run all over you and their behaviour will continue to worsen if you're unable to establish those boundaries and enforce fair consequences for rule breaking.

All in good time. Every action has a reaction and causation that follows.

Hoggers call - doesn’t matter to me. I’ll plan accordingly.