Toffoli – 5.6 mil x 4 years

Virtanen- 3.125x 2 years

Motte- 1x1 year

Gaudette 2x2 years

Macewen 1.2x1 year

Tanev- 5x3 years

Markstrom- 6x5 years

Buy out:

First I think the NHL will give a compliance buy out to all teams. Probably just one player.  I know most people would want Eriksson to be the one being bought out however I have different plans for him. So long story short I think the league lets us use our buy out on Luongo’s contract. That saves $3,033,206

Trades:

my idea with Louis Eriksson will be to ship him off to Seattle. We give Seattle a 2021 2nd round pick ( 1st draft they will be part of) and they take his contract. Why would this be appealing to them? Well most the money is already paid out anyways so they would be paying very little but already getting an additional pick to build their team. I know it sucks losing a 2nd round pick but saving 6 mil would be worth it.

To van:

2020 5th round pick

To SJS:

Bandon Sutter

We have no spot for Sutter anymore and he becomes much more tradeable with only 1 year left on his contract. SJS really could use some Center depth. They have some big names on their team and I doubt they want another bad yea. The Canucks need to take advantage of that.

To Van:

Fabian Zutterlund

To NJD:

Sven Baertschi

Baertschi was very close to being dealt to the devils at the trade deadline but they didn’t pull the trigger. Now with 1 more year left on his contract I think the devils will be willing to take a flyer on him. NJ would not want to trade draft picks but losing a 20 year old prior 3rd round pick wouldn’t hurt them. Vancouver could use the RW depth in Utica.

To Van:

2020 2nd round pick (Det)

To Det:

Thatcher Demko

Vancouver Makes their choice going with Markstrom for the next 5 years. They should be able to groom Dipetro in that time. Det will be losing Howard and will still have Bernier. Bernier can handle a decent load of games but they need a young goalie that is ready now. Going 50/50 with Demko and Bernie while gradually take over the starting role will be great in Detroit. This is a very Yzerman move and I think Demko would be a great fit. Benning talked about getting a 1st round pick this year before the draft.  Not sure I can see that happening as the guys worth a 1st are big parts of our core. Demko is worth a 2nd and I think Benning’s best option would be to grab a high 2nd and try to trade up in the 1st or hope for a steal.

To Van:

2020 7th round pick (CHI)

2020 7th round pick (MTL)

To MTL:

2020 6th round pick (Van)

Draft:

2nd round pick- Lukas Reichel

3rd round pick- Michael Benning

4th round pick- Ethan Bowen

5th round pick- Igor Chibrikov

6th round pick- Mack Guzda

7th round pick- Tag Bertuzzi

7th round pick- Alex Naslund

2020 Line up:

Miller Pettersson Toffoli

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Ferland Gaudette Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Motte

Mackewen

Hughes Tanev

Edler Rafferty

Tryamkin Myers

Benn

Markstrom

Gillies  

Cap used= 74.336667

cap space avail= 7.163333

There likely will NOT be a compliance buyout. If there was there is no Luongo contract to buy out.

It’s a penalty against the cap with no actual monetary value.  No money is actually being  paid on the Luongo penalty. So there’s nothing to buy out. 

Sutter has a NTC. And SJ doesn’t really have the cap space to take him. They have over $66m committed to only 13 players next season. That only leaves $15m to sign 10 players to fill out the roster. 

Edited by qwijibo

3 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Buy out:

First I think the NHL will give a compliance buy out to all teams. Probably just one player.  I know most people would want Eriksson to be the one being bought out however I have different plans for him. So long story short I think the league lets us use our buy out on Luongo’s contract. That saves $3,033,206

I wouldn't count on it.

Besides, I am pretty sure you can't buy out a retired player.  Luongo isn't being paid so he can't be bought out.  We are just stuck with the re-capture penalty.

35 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I wouldn't count on it.

Besides, I am pretty sure you can't buy out a retired player.  Luongo isn't being paid so he can't be bought out.  We are just stuck with the re-capture penalty.

i suppose just wishful thinking getting out of the Luongo contract lol. alrigh lets just bogosian Erikson then lol. 

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

but you just remade the team

why aren't you the gm

you can rewrite the cap rules for the nhl at the same time

let's save hockey in vancouver

There you go again............giving no opinions on what you would do to correct the cap crisis

but crapping all over someone else for their idea's

He is not re-writing the cap rules, he suggesting alterations

He knows and so does everyone else, that Benning and the management team will make the decisions

He is just trying to put something out there..........

I would not be be so critical of you, but you do the same thing over and over

Put out your idea's, and stand by them

We are just trying to get through this.......................I would love a total proposal from you, to balance the cap and signing players

"Would love it!"  But you would rather, crap over everyones idea's, even though you know the same as everyone else

Put something out there...........come on, big fellow!...........stick your toe over the line! I dare you!:emot-parrot:

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I will say this to CDC in general

We do not know what will happen

whether there will be a season

whether expansion will happen next year

when the draft will be held

whether there will be compliance buyouts

whether Eriksson will retire

whether Tryamkin will sign

Whether we will be drafting in the first round

We just don't know!

Neither does Benning, at this point

So everything is speculation and opinions.................nothing wrong with that...............it is what we are here for............I think?????

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I will say this to CDC in general

We do not know what will happen

whether there will be a season

whether expansion will happen next year

when the draft will be held

whether there will be compliance buyouts

whether Eriksson will retire

whether Tryamkin will sign

Whether we will be drafting in the first round

We just don't know!

Neither does Benning, at this point

So everything is speculation and opinions.................nothing wrong with that...............it is what we are here for............I think?????

Media are not just throwing stuff at the wall.   There are CBA negotiations going on and they are getting input from those involved.

If the league does not play they will lose market shares which will make negotiating a new US TV deal challenging.  Don't think they want to risk it.  Pushing back next season is favoured by the networks.  They want the league to re-think their calendar so that there is less competition with other major sports.

Why would they suspend expansion.  Haven't noted any of the major insiders mentioning it.  With the season dates being adjusted they now have even more time to complete their arena and be ready for the draft.  They can't just be employing all those people and not have a team for another year - it's wasting money.

After the finals like any other year.  Everything just slides.

So many are reporting flat cap and adjusted escrow with the league, owners not in favour of compliance buyouts.  Players unlikely too as it would increase escrow.

JP Barry is Eriksson's agent - he wouldn't be saying that his client wants to continue to play if Eriksson is thinking retirement.

Tryamkin can't sign for this season and his agent says he would like to sign with the Canucks.  For now he has no KHL contract. 

Will be known after the play-ins.  Only the final 16 teams are considered in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

The only deal I'd like to see this year is one that gets us a top ten pick.

My target would be Braden Schneider. 

He's ranked as high as 11th.

He's a solid RD that plays a spirited game. While not known for fighting, he is known for throwing solid bodychecks.

His defensive game is way above average and it's said his offensive game may yet have another level.

His playing style is likened to a Jacob Trouba.

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

There you go again............giving no opinions on what you would do to correct the cap crisis

but crapping all over someone else for their idea's

He is not re-writing the cap rules, he suggesting alterations

He knows and so does everyone else, that Benning and the management team will make the decisions

He is just trying to put something out there..........

I would not be be so critical of you, but you do the same thing over and over

Put out your idea's, and stand by them

We are just trying to get through this.......................I would love a total proposal from you, to balance the cap and signing players

"Would love it!"  But you would rather, crap over everyones idea's, even though you know the same as everyone else

Put something out there...........come on, big fellow!...........stick your toe over the line! I dare you!:emot-parrot:

thanks for noticing

please explain the luongo buy out

since you wish to defend the poster

maybe you can also consider

and explain

the recent misleading title of one of your threads (i mean really? why?)

so much online posting is misleading and silly (especially about trades - wannabe gms)

yet you expect me to take is more seriously

get real

Edited by coastal.view

9 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

i suppose just wishful thinking getting out of the Luongo contract lol. alrigh lets just bogosian Erikson then lol. 

If there's no compliance buyout and he won't take the Bogosian route I'd be happy to bundle Demko with Loui if that means we lose him.  
Then Sutter and Stecher's rights would probably yield another super late pick.
Worse case I hope Benning's down for the route I'm mentioning above, but I don't see the San Jose and Zetterlund trades happening.  The Jersey prospect in particular looks to have near-2nd line potential in some scouting reports, and to get that for Baertschi would take some serious lapse of judgment from Jersey's part.  

Edited by Phil_314

Since everyone is beating everyone up over nothing I would buy out Tyler Myers.

That deal will suck.

I would also not resign TT to more than a 3 year deal and I would not resign Marky to more than a 3 year deal.

Players nearing or over 30 make me nervous. I also think TT will lose foot speed.

Edited by Chris12345

7 hours ago, mll said:

Media are not just throwing stuff at the wall.   There are CBA negotiations going on and they are getting input from those involved.

If the league does not play they will lose market shares which will make negotiating a new US TV deal challenging.  Don't think they want to risk it.  Pushing back next season is favoured by the networks.  They want the league to re-think their calendar so that there is less competition with other major sports.

Why would they suspend expansion.  Haven't noted any of the major insiders mentioning it.  With the season dates being adjusted they now have even more time to complete their arena and be ready for the draft.  They can't just be employing all those people and not have a team for another year - it's wasting money.

After the finals like any other year.  Everything just slides.

So many are reporting flat cap and adjusted escrow with the league, owners not in favour of compliance buyouts.  Players unlikely too as it would increase escrow.

JP Barry is Eriksson's agent - he wouldn't be saying that his client wants to continue to play if Eriksson is thinking retirement.

Tryamkin can't sign for this season and his agent says he would like to sign with the Canucks.  For now he has no KHL contract. 

Will be known after the play-ins.  Only the final 16 teams are considered in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, coastal.view said:

thanks for noticing

please explain the luongo buy out

since you wish to defend the poster

maybe you can also consider

and explain

the recent misleading title of one of your threads (i mean really? why?)

so much online posting is misleading and silly (especially about trades - wannabe gms)

yet you expect me to take is more seriously

get real

Here is the answer guys

Lets just say that the league starts the play-ins July 15th......just a number

Now, there are alot of older managers/coaches/assistants, etc

Not to mention, rink support staff and media

All who will need access to the facility and the players to some extent

So lets just say the Play-ins actually finish

and the play-offs start July 31st as scheduled

The first games start and into the 3 game

Tampa Bay Lightening declare 6 players with Covid

TB replaces them, but the other team then declares sick players

Soon, all teams are declaring sick players and staff

as well as area staff

Games are postponed, then the League cancels the Playoffs

as the virus pushed through the teams

The League announces some teams are in trouble

others on life support, others are fine

IMO all things past that date are subject to immediate change

and all depends how the Covid responds

All I am saying is there are somethings you can't plan for and the

actions will be decided on a day to day basis

Coastal...............all I am saying is if you knew all the answers, you would be hired by the nhl

This is uncharted territory........................and answers that were terrible last week, seem like the best one this week...........

plan for the reasonable, hope for the best, and expect the worst

I think some players will be more willing to take short term contracts over the next year till things settle down a bit ,  owners have taken a huge losses and won.t be handing out big free agent contracts, so a lot of free agents may have no choice but to sign 1 or 2 year deals till things change for the better , just cant see another team shelling out 6 million to marky the way things are going ,  

there is no fing way sutter is going to the sharks lol , you cant buy out a recapture penalty  and your draft vison, all I can say   who needs judd  

55 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Here is the answer guys

Lets just say that the league starts the play-ins July 15th......just a number

Now, there are alot of older managers/coaches/assistants, etc

Not to mention, rink support staff and media

All who will need access to the facility and the players to some extent

So lets just say the Play-ins actually finish

and the play-offs start July 31st as scheduled

The first games start and into the 3 game

Tampa Bay Lightening declare 6 players with Covid

TB replaces them, but the other team then declares sick players

Soon, all teams are declaring sick players and staff

as well as area staff

Games are postponed, then the League cancels the Playoffs

as the virus pushed through the teams

The League announces some teams are in trouble

others on life support, others are fine

IMO all things past that date are subject to immediate change

and all depends how the Covid responds

All I am saying is there are somethings you can't plan for and the

actions will be decided on a day to day basis

The problem is all your “what if’s” are ignoring some actual facts.  

The fact is that after inciting massive losses, owners don’t want compliance buyouts. Compliance buyouts mean massive outlays of lump sums to players who won’t even be playing for you.  It’s throwing good money after bad in a financial landscape where the pocketbooks have already taken a big hit. 

Players won’t want compliance buyouts because it will negatively effect escrow even more. Lowering every players cheque

The only people who want compliance buyouts are GM’s who want a blank cheque to erase a screwup (and sign other contracts), and fans who think they’re GM’s lol. 

No matter how the league chooses to deal with the losses they’re taking/going to take.  I can   Pretty much guarantee it won’t result in a magic bullet that magically creates a bunch of cap space for a team that was in so trouble before.  There’s an ebb and flow to teams dealing with the cap.  Teams being up against it and having important players to re-sign is nothing new. How do you think the Canucks got Miller out of Tampa?  He was a cap casualty. Some teams will be in trouble cap wise. Other teams will be well positioned to take advantage. 

Yes. We’re in new territory. But remember that we lost a whole season so the owners could impose a cap system to limit. spending.  We lost another half season so players could get what they considered a fair split.  The system is in place. GM’s will need to deal with it as it comes.  Neither the owners nor the players are going to give up ground that was hard won and contractually guaranteed by the CBA. 

It’s going to be interesting for sure. But there are a lot of things that are known amongst the chaos.  

Edited by qwijibo