The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks or Wild?

Rate this topic

Gator

Who you rooting for to win this play in series?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Barnorth said:

Seems like a win win to me. But If I had to choose I'd rather see the team win and see what this group can do. 

But but but

Miller Pettersson Lafrenier

Podkolzin Horvat Boeser

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

If the Canucks lose to the Wild, is 12.5% the most percentage the Canucks would have ever at winning the #1 overall? or have they had better percentages in years past?

I think they had a 50% chance in 1970 but the Sabers won. I'm not 100% sure though

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I find it absurd that anyone who called themselves a hockey fan and a fan of the Canucks could actually cheer for us to lose during that play-in. Clearly we have been outside of meaningful hockey for too long.

Playing the Wild is meaningful hockey. Good enuf for me. #1 pick here we go :) 

• Huggy Bear 1

Honestly if we could have Lafreniere in our top 6 for years to come, and also free up Pearson from Horvat's wing to be tradeable (hopefully with one of Sutter/ Beagle/ Roussel/ Baertschi, and trade one of the others with Stecher's rights), we would be in a much-improved position from a salary cap standpoint, so I would be more open to losing (it would still suck of course but part of the growing process).

Initially I was going to say Drysdale isn't worth it as a trade down/ top RD option, and Sanderson's a LD, but left wing is also a thinner position prospect/ youth wise so I would be open to bolstering this position too with Alexis.

Edited by Phil_314

Just now, DontMessMe said:

Playing the Wild is meaningful hockey. Good enuf for me. #1 pick here we go :) 

I'd prefer to actually succeed in that hockey. I live for that intense environment and to watch that wanting to lose would be a soul-sucking experience.

• Cheers 3

Just now, -AJ- said:

I'd prefer to actually succeed in that hockey. I live for that intense environment and to watch that wanting to lose would be a soul-sucking experience.

I live for that once we are a good enough team to win the cup. I feel we are missing pieces. Winning Laf would be amazing and we can trade Boeser for a D man 

Just now, DontMessMe said:

I live for that once we are a good enough team to win the cup. I feel we are missing pieces. Winning Laf would be amazing and we can trade Boeser for a D man 

Yeah, but it's not even a 100% chance, we're talking about a 1/8 chance. I'd rather win and give NJ the pick, than lose and probably end up with a pick that's probably around 15 anyway (unless we get really lucky, which isn't likely). I guess after years of not getting lucky in the lottery, I'm not willing to cheer that we throw the season away for a low percentage hope.

• Cheers 2

If the Canucks lose then there is a chance at number 1 pick, and our free agents might be getting less money if they did not do well during the Minny series versus beating Minny, losing our pick to New Jersey and maybe getting to the second round in the playoffs...I love my Canucks but I kinda hope Minny smokes them. Winning the draft tournament is pretty good experience for the young players in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah, but it's not even a 100% chance, we're talking about a 1/8 chance. I'd rather win and give NJ the pick, than lose and probably end up with a pick that's probably around 15 anyway (unless we get really lucky, which isn't likely). I guess after years of not getting lucky in the lottery, I'm not willing to cheer that we throw the season away for a low percentage hope.

12.5% is the one of the HIGHEST odds we've ever had. I will take it