The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks exploring possibility of trading Brock Boeser

10 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Ironically was it Tierney who boarded Brock in Abby(camp tilt)?

I don't know..White could turn around(younger that CT), flipped for more picks(& cap space) etc...

I think AG will keep improving.

Tierney produces in a 40-50 point rate, is good on the dot and in his own zone/PK. He is only 2 years and 93 days older than Gaud. He is a former Horvat teammate in London. 

He is the equivalent of a Kadri in terms of talent level which is a average 2nd C and he is an RFA at the end of the season. 

He is and in more likelihood will always be a better 3rd C fit than Gaud.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Personally, I'm very wary if this. I feel prioritizing Toffoli over Boeser would be a huge mistake. Boeser is far younger. If we do this it better be for a very good package.

TT, Jake, VP, KL..it's a position of excess. Transfer that wealth/surplus to the blueline, while better balancing the cap highwire.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Personally, I'm very wary if this. I feel prioritizing Toffoli over Boeser would be a huge mistake. Boeser is far younger. If we do this it better be for a very good package.

We should be prioritizing both.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Perhaps. Depending on the quality of the main player coming back I would want a greater return of younger assets (picks/prospects). 

The worse the roster player the higher/better the picks/prospects and vice versa. 

Might be safer to aim for more of a better roster player deal but we potentially free up more cap if we aim for the better prospects/picks

I think we need to not overvalue Boeser here. A top 4 young-ish RD is generally worth more than a top 6 winger simply due to the position.

I see us actually needing to add a bit more for someone like Risto. Dumba would be straight up and Parayko, we would have to add something of significant value back IMO. Possibly straight up for Pesce or they add a bit, but Slavin would be pricey possibly above Parayko value.

So in terms of valuation Pesce<Boeser/Dumba<Risto<Parayko<Slavin is how I personally see it.

Just now, theo5789 said:

I think we need to not overvalue Boeser here. A top 4 young-ish RD is generally worth more than a top 6 winger simply due to the position.

I see us actually needing to add a bit more for someone like Risto. Dumba would be straight up and Parayko, we would have to add something of significant value back IMO. Possibly straight up for Pesce or they add a bit, but Slavin would be pricey possibly above Parayko value.

So in terms of valuation Pesce<Boeser/Dumba<Risto<Parayko<Slavin is how I personally see it.

Age plays a factor too though.  If Risto/Dumba we’e closer to his age I would put more emphasis on their value. 

Also potential plays another value and it can be argued that Boeser hasn’t reached his full potential yet. 

So overall I value Boeser more than Risto and Dumba but not by much. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Let's say hypothetically we re-sign Toffoli for 5 million a season. Trade Boeser for Risto (try to sneak in a small cap dump like Benn or Sutter for a pick). Don't re-sign Tanev or Stecher. Add Tryamkin. Toffoli comes in slightly cheaper than Boeser in the top 6 for minor cap savings and we have an RD group of Risto, Myers and Tryamkin. I personally think that's an upgrade on the team while shifting the cap spent of the supposed big 3 UFAs (of course I'm assuming we re-sign Marky in this case).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Age plays a factor too though.  If Risto/Dumba we’e closer to his age I would put more emphasis on their value. 

Also potential plays another value and it can be argued that Boeser hasn’t reached his full potential yet. 

So overall I value Boeser more than Risto and Dumba but not by much. 

Fair enough, it's close though. Close enough that it isn't going to bother me either way the +/- in likely lesser picks/prospects go.

5 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

TT, Jake, VP, KL..it's a position of excess. Transfer that wealth/surplus to the blueline, while better balancing the cap highwire.

Two of those aren't even in the league and sorry I don't see much of a ceiling with Kole Lind.  

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Aaaaaand Sekeres just lost all credibility. Now it sounds a lot like he's trying to push an anti-Benning narrative.

Like you guys gave Sekeres any credibility in the first place.  Just like Botch, Dhaliwal, Burke, Drance, etc.  - They're insiders until they give out tidbits that fans don't agree with then they become trolls writing from thier mom's basement.  

• Cheers 1

Always supported JB and he’s done some great things here but if this is true it will not turn out well. And will be a huge blow knowing that we traded a young kid with big goal scoring potential because we made too many bottom 6 signings. He should be able to figure out the cap another way as part of me believes this is Bs but I’ve been disappointed before from trading young players away

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

You think they would keep Toffoli over Boeser?

4 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

Detroit is unlikely to take this deal but:

To Detroit: Brock Boeser and a lessor prospect or pick

To Vancouver: 2020 1st round (4th OA), Moritz Seider, Loui Eriksson (no salary retained)

Detroit needs that pick and Seider more than they need Boeser. 

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Fair enough, it's close though. Close enough that it isn't going to bother me either way the +/- in likely lesser picks/prospects go.

Yeah at most I see us getting back with a Risto/Dumba Is a mid 2nd/high 3rd or a prospect along those lines.

I would rather try to dump cap in the trade like Baer but I doubt a team would want to do that with a stagnant cap. 

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Always supported JB and he’s done some great things here but if this is true it will not turn out well. And will be a huge blow knowing that we traded a young kid with big goal scoring potential because we made too many bottom 6 signings. He should be able to figure out the cap another way as part of me believes this is Bs but I’ve been disappointed before from trading young players away

Seems management was banking on the cap going up and it's not going to so now they got thier backs in the corner.

Just now, Devron44 said:

You think they would keep Toffoli over Boeser?

I never view these as either/or..it ain't the 1970's

It's about building the perfect beast within the 81.5 mill, cap-paradigm. Having too many talented assets is the kinda problem we should all appreciate.

• Cheers 2