The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

You honestly think that was a good time to go down a player?  The goal is to win isn't it?

Any time is a good time when you've been "victims" in the past and other teams have read that book and count on it.

You HAVE to change that.  He's willing to.

And that "disciplined team" focused on him from the bench...so he obviously had an impact.  

This is basically what I was expecting.

Markstrom saved the team numerous times this year.

Canucks young guys probably a little surprised by how tough the games are in the playoffs.

Wild are very experience at playing underdog type playoff hockey, they brought that same game they've brought in years past and they rolled the Canucks.

The only thing I wasn't sure about was if Vancouver's skill could score a few goals on the PP or just fortunate opportunities. That didn't happen.

• Cheers 1

Minnesota came as advertised 

Big rough and ready

Layed on our First line

Knocked everything in sight

Skated harder.

But we were very veteran tonight and lost like veterans very well.  Tried hard deserved more etc etc

Reminds me of the Tanti Sunstrum years.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, shazzam said:

Outside of Sutter's 2 chances I really don't recall any chances the entire game

I'd say Myers and Sutter had the only two dangerous looks in the game.  Edler, Tanev, Myers and Sutter were 1-2-3-4 in shots.  Petey 2, Miller 2, Boeser 1, Horvat, Pearson and Toffoli no shots.

Not much else needs to be said

2 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Despite losing, we controlled most of the play IMO. Just need to bury the first one and gain some confidence.

I would like to see Virtanen or MacEwan in somehow. 

Perimeter play.  Minny was more than happy to just let them skate themselves out of danger areas all game.  The second was ok-ish.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

He had 4 months to get ready for this and working the popcorn machine.  Circumstance would contradict what you say

Too funny.  

Green screwed up.  Virt is built for playoff hockey. 

A lot of passengers, team seemed unprepared after 4 months off. Hard to generate offense when you can't hit a breakout pass. Watch their team's breakout passes then watch ours, pretty simple stuff.

Jake Virtanen isn't going to fix that.

Edited by FlyLow_
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Any time is a good time when you've been "victims" in the past and other teams have read that book and count on it.

You HAVE to change that.  He's willing to.

And that "disciplined team" focused on him from the bench...so he obviously had an impact.  

You don't come back by getting penalties late in the game.  

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'd say Myers and Sutter had the only two dangerous looks in the game.  Edler, Tanev, Myers and Sutter were 1-2-3-4 in shots.  Petey 2, Miller 2, Boeser 1, Horvat, Pearson and Toffoli no shots.

Not much else needs to be said

Feels like the Canucks havent been able to generate goals in tight games for decades. Garbage goals count just the same for Christ's sake. 

• Vintage 1

We have no d zone full freak co stage and have not had any in the Green era. 

we survived to this point with Mark, Hughes, EP and Miller 

we were exposed tonight because the O was shutdown and we were not irritated for that shutdown system and Marky wasn’t able to rescue us 

this team has the horses but our “jockeys” suck 

• Cheers 1