The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya going to have to add. Stecher is the only piece I think has some value and JB would want to move.

Might get a late 1st..

Stecher has zero value. His qualifying offer is a lot more than he’s worth so he’ll become a UFA. Like hutton last year 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, billabong said:

Stecher has zero value. His qualifying offer is a lot more than he’s worth so he’ll become a UFA. Like hutton last year 

Ya his QO is what close to 3 mill i think... 

But he's a decent player 3rd pairing on a bottom 10 team might be worth it.. 

But you're right. He pbbly goes UFA

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya going to have to add. Stecher is the only piece I think has some value and JB would want to move.

Might get a late 1st..

It would help our cause if we could make the Playoffs and win a round or two. If some of our guys have a good Playoffs, it could increase their trade value. Seems sleazy to think that way but the reality is that somethings got to give. It would be better if we had a little more leverage perception-wise.

• Upvote 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Ya his QO is what close to 3 mill i think... 

But he's a decent player 3rd pairing on a bottom 10 team might be worth it.. 

But you're right. He pbbly goes UFA

Unlike Hutton, I think Benning signs him after he tests the market and his value is better defined by both parties. If he's still available of course.

3 hours ago, Ekko said:

Struck a chord did i?

So you're saying I am a snowflake for wanting our fanbase to stop treating their guys like personal hygene cleaning devices? I'm sorry. I just think we're better than that! You're free to think what you want man but I personally feel like we've all paid enough dues as fans to start acting like a real franchise.

I'm a Jake fan and I think he's in on Sunday but as to your point of view it makes zero sense.

Jake came to camp in Sept not ready, this time he was simply outplayed in camp by everyone including LE. To say Green singles him for no reason is false. These last 4 months guys like Petey, Brock, Quinn, Horvart and more put in work and it showed, Jake looked like he was stuck in mud. Jake needs to use this as a watershed moment and start being more like the other kids. He has such natural gifts, if he would put in the work, he could still become a top-end #2 winger.

Also judging by the way you post I'm guessing you spend a lot of time on HF. 

No need to go all alpha "D" here and insult a dude over an opinion.

People here often disagree but usually it's done with tact and maturity. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Unlike Hutton, I think Benning signs him after he tests the market and his value is better defined by both parties. If he's still available of course.

I think barring any moves like LE and Baer terminating their contracts, I think Tanev stays on a 1 year deal and Stecher is let go.

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I think barring any moves like LE and Baer terminating their contracts, I think Tanev stays on a 1 year deal and Stecher is let go.

If Eriksson or Baertschi wanted to terminate their contracts they would have already done it.  The salary for 2019/20 has already been paid out.  Eriksson has already received his 3M bonus for next season on 1 July.  He's in the  bubble, away from his family, when he knows he might not even play.  He could have opted out without any financial consequence to his regular contract.

5 minutes ago, mll said:

If Eriksson or Baertschi wanted to terminate their contracts they would have already done it.  The salary for 2019/20 has already been paid out.  Eriksson has already received his 3M bonus for next season on 1 July.  He's in the  bubble, away from his family, when he knows he might not even play.  He could have opted out without any financial consequence to his regular contract.

Well Baer isn't in the bubble and also needs to play somewhere else to try and get a contract next season.

As for LE, he obviously wants to finish his contract but if he is told point blank in the offseason that he will be in Utica riding a bus for 3 million next season he may decide he prefers the NHL lifestyle. I'm sure he could sign somewhere for 1-2 mill the next two years basically negating what he lost, while possibly playing closer to his family.

Benning and LE have right now to deal with, why in Gods name would any decision be made when the season is still going?

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, mll said:

I don't know if any player has quit on their team just prior to going into the Stanley Cup play offs before, so I'm not surprised Loui didn't retire.

I'm still hopeful he will at seasons end, but I'm not optimistic.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Well Baer isn't in the bubble and also needs to play somewhere else to try and get a contract next season.

As for LE, he obviously wants to finish his contract but if he is told point blank in the offseason that he will be in Utica riding a bus for 3 million next season he may decide he prefers the NHL lifestyle. I'm sure he could sign somewhere for 1-2 mill the next two years basically negating what he lost, while possibly playing closer to his family.

Benning and LE have right now to deal with, why in Gods name would any decision be made when the season is still going?

Baertschi already has a contract and he says it's up to Vancouver to find a solution. Doesn't sound like someone that is considering giving up his contract.

Neither is Eriksson. He was asked point blank and said he intends to play it out in full.  His agent said something similar.

Edited by mll

14 minutes ago, mll said:

Baertschi already has a contract and he says it's up to Vancouver to find a solution. Doesn't sound like someone that is considering giving up his contract.

Neither is Eriksson. He was asked point blank and said he intends to play it out in full.  His agent said something similar.

Hopefully they buy Eriksson out if they don’t mutually terminate or LTIR, doesn’t he get like a million less and we get a million in cap relief?

12 minutes ago, mll said:

If baer is more concerned about losing a couple mill next season and staying in Utica rather then signing for a mill to put himself in a position to showcase himself, so be it he can stay in Utica. I just think it's shortsighted of him.

I know what LE and his agent said a couple of weeks ago LE is a classy guy and I'm sure he wants a crack at a run this season, I actually though he looked good and I prefer him to Sutter or Motte.

My thought process is he's made over 60 mill, he's due 5 more and I think he could sign a contract elsewhere while still being in the NHL.  I think after the season, once he's been home with his family, the thought of Utica for 2 years for a couple of mill is nuts when you've made over 60 mill. I could be wrong, just my opinion. Cheers.